Post-Game Talk: Bolts 6, Pens 3: Sid and His AHL All Star Team Come Up Sheary

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
They played with passion, but even if Fleury played great, the talent disparity is just too much for Sid to overcome.

Save one play, Kessel was ****. Letang was in full spaz mode. With Fleury channeling his inner Zatkoff, it's just too much to ask of Sid to cover for all of them AND Geno's absence. He's a god, but only THE hockey god could pull that off.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
+ Sid
+ Hornqvist
1/2+ Zatkoff
= Daley/Dumo/Maatta

- errrrone else.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
This is on Sullivan and Fleury, stupid decision making throughout the game and whatever MAF has been doing since the break. Kunitz is pathetic 99% of the time and gets rewarded for it.

Letang was bad Letang, which is exactly what they don't need with Fleury sucking and Malkin broken.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They played with passion, but even if Fleury played great, the talent disparity is just too much for Sid to overcome.

Pretty much my thoughts. Unless Kessel gets hot we're a one line team with Geno out. The bottom six is atrocious.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Sid
+ Hornqvist
1/2+ Zatkoff
= Daley/Dumo/Maatta

- errrrone else.

Hold on. Pouliot took a tremendous step forward. Sundqvist was probably the best of the AHL lot up front . . . it's not saying much, but he didn't hurt the team. Rust didn't hurt anyone.

Oh, and Kunitz is dog excrement.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
they were buzzing first 15 minutes, but one could tell that other than our legit NHLers none of these scrubs from AHL would score if they played all night long. Other than Rust there is no NHL player there

metalan2

May 30, 2008

Save one play, Kessel was ****. Letang was in full spaz mode. With Fleury channeling his inner Zatkoff, it's just too much to ask of Sid to cover for all of them AND Geno's absence. He's a god, but only THE hockey god could pull that off.

If Fleury played great Pens win this one.

You need your goaltender to make big saves and unfortunately that is not Fleury's style in the new year.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Free Plots!

At this point it would be pretty ridiculous if he doesn't play tomorrow. Our AHL fodder was all bad tonight except for Rust.

And well Sunny looked okay at times but he was clearly in over his head.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Hold on. Pouliot took a tremendous step forward. Sundqvist was probably the best of the AHL lot up front . . . it's not saying much, but he didn't hurt the team. Rust didn't hurt anyone.

Sundqvist fell down like 3 times in the 3rd period with no one within 10 feet of him.

I'll give him a = for the entertainment.

Rust isn't bad, you're right.

HE STILL GETS A MINUS

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

I thought pouliot had a pretty good game

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Awful:
MAF
Porter
Kunitz (except for 2 passes)
Phil (except for 1 pass)
Letang
and a little Maatta.

Good:
Sid
Daley
Pooh
Cullen
and i'll give Sundqvist a Good as well for his first NHL game.

Everyone else was just decent.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Pouliot was good and should have been on the powerplay. WBS was okay but were never going to be the difference in a come from behind game.

Sullivan was a moron. That is all.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
REJOICE: Lovejoy with the least amount of icetime among defensemen.

I liked O.S. tonight, he's got longterm potential.
Cullen has got to be one of the best bang for buck players in the league (disregarding that -3 tonight)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
+ Rust, Crosby, Pouliot, Hornqvist

- Kessel, Kunitz, Fleury, Letang

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
as far as Sundquist goes....not impressed not at all

He's going to end up as a 3rd/4th line center. If you expected him to come in and play like Panarin, you're gonna be disappointed.

He and his line weren't a defensive liability and controlled the puck in the offensive zone for a good amount of time on several different shifts. That's fine by me. :laugh:

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Maatta looked a little faster out there tonight.

Didn't hate the kids line either: Kuhn/Sundy/Rust. A little sloppy at times, but there were some positives there.

+Sid, no brainer

So many minuses to Kessel. Had one or two good shots, and the nice pass to Cullen on his goal (Also a + to Hags for his part in that goal, driving Sustr to the net and freeing Cullen up). Outside of that, his game annoyed me tonight. Same soft play, which is fine, but not if you're going to miss the net all night. Except when you're not turning it over. He has a touch of blue line phobia too I think. Causes a lot of off sides, and a close call on the Cullen goal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad