Bold Prediction

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
How the triplets in particular bounce back and manage this season will say a lot about their careers in the future. If they can get it together with 60-70pt seasons, it will be easier in the future. If they get stumped and have disappointing years, we might see a huge drop in play. Kucherov looks like a shell of what he was 4 months ago. Johnson looks like he did 3 years ago. Palat is still moving his feet though.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
is it really a bold prediction when I knew exactly what the OP was gonna be before I clicked the thread? I can't see any kind of comp to the 2011-'12 team; I think on some level we knew 2010-'11 was a bit of a fluke, a team fortunate to run into a besieged Penguins team that still should've knocked them out in the first round (Bylsma's coaching acumen is criminally underrated), and the team going into the next season still had a shaky D corps and a goalie who was freaking old. Mathieu Garon had an incredible season that year, and who knows if he'd been the starter sooner and not pulled his groin (or tore it; whatever it was) if he might've rescued that team into a weak EC playoff field by himself. That was not a good roster that year. It's incomparable to the roster now, really.

JedYzerman

Jan 8, 2011
Cocoa Beach, FL
I don't see us taking first in the east, but missing the playoffs? I don't think so, even as poorly as the team is performing right now they are still better than 90% of the teams in the east.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I don't see us taking first in the east, but missing the playoffs? I don't think so, even as poorly as the team is performing right now they are still better than 90% of the teams in the east.

We could pull a Rangers Pres. Trophy season for all we know.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Oh no the sky is falling! Not.
This will change soon. The Bolts need supportive fans with a bit more patience.
They were so unlucky last night.
Come on we are in October !

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
When Sustr leaves it's gonna look like this:

PkC4JjL.gif

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Oh no the sky is falling! Not.
This will change soon. The Bolts need supportive fans with a bit more patience.
They were so unlucky last night.
Come on we are in October !

Honestly, one of the first things I noticed about us at home this year is how utterly QUIET Amalie was. I think we were behind a goal and I feel like last year that people would cheer no matter what the scoreboard looked like.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Honestly, one of the first things I noticed about us at home this year is how utterly QUIET Amalie was. I think we were behind a goal and I feel like last year that people would cheer no matter what the scoreboard looked like.

I think a lot of fans are in the same boat I am. We're bored with the regular season. We had an incredibly exciting and dramatic Cup run, and the regular season pales in comparison.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think we are the 2014-2015 New York Rangers slow start will go on a big run at some point this year.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I think a lot of fans are in the same boat I am. We're bored with the regular season. We had an incredibly exciting and dramatic Cup run, and the regular season pales in comparison.

Not just the regular season, but October hockey. I mean, g-ddammit. I know this little corner of the internet is a bit nuttier than anywhere else on this subject, but we're talking about Florida, and autumn. As depressing as they are to watch, people here are still focused more on the NFL teams in this state. If not them, then the college football teams.

If worst comes to worst, we know this team can win playoff games in Montreal and New York. They did it last year. Multiple times. Frankly, this team sucked at home in the playoffs. Again, I know that we're on the most hockey centric-corner of the internet, so, yeah, we'll tend to pay more attention to early-season hockey because, again, we're completely nuts, but I don't doubt for a second that, for the players, it's just as hard to really "get up" for these games as it is for us to watch them. These guys have energy to save for the run up to the playoffs and, hopefully, a deep playoff run. The last two Cup champions, and three of the last four WCF participants, were third place teams in their own divisions. Please try to argue, from there, that those teams weren't the best actual teams in their divisions. I'm sure, especially once baseball subsides (I study football for actual work so that's year-round for me), I'll be watching hockey games every night for the next few months, but as much fun as it can be as the season goes along...every year, the playoffs roll around and I realize "jeezus, this is so much better than the crap we deal with for six months beforehand". Because playoff hockey might as well be a different sport. A wonderful sport. A sport that I could only wish exists for longer than just two months out of the year, because playoff hockey is the single-best sporting action in North American sports.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Saw a thread about vinny and went on youtube, watched clips from when he was here. Man, I miss him. Gotta say even though MSL was ****** on his exit, I miss both of them. They got me watching this game and sold me back in 04 when they played with such heart. I still haven't seen a team win it with that much heart and character since they did in 04. I really would take vinny on the 4th and powerplay any day of the week. Truly miss him and Marty.

Damn, almost wanna cry.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I know i wish Stammer would play with that passion. This team needs a fire under their rear.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011

Yes, and I have seen this happen before. A bit of success and the the expectations become unrealistic. Things don't go as expected and folks are quick to become negative and quiet. There were people around me *****ing and it was a one goal game. A little more fan support and we probably win it.
Happened the season after we won the cup also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad