Bold Prediction

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Lightning miss the playoffs.

Fire sale before years end, I am thinking a goalie and 2 forwards.

We are just not the same team this year. We aren't very good, not sure what the deal is, but it ain't working.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
We sucked plenty at times last year. No need to give up now.

Not giving up, just making a prediction. I just don't see it. I really think we screwed up by not making several off season moves.

Teams have a **** load of film on us now and studied it all off season. They know how to beat us. Turtle the whole game, if you get a goal, build a fortress. Soft dump the puck. We give up breaks and rushes randomly because our guys push so hard, especially when the puck isn't going in the net.

About the calls...we beat a lot of original six teams, the league didn't forget that loss of revenue.

Cooper has to change some things up or it will get ugly fast.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not giving up, just making a prediction. I just don't see it. I really think we screwed up by not making several off season moves.

Teams have a **** load of film on us now and studied it all off season. They know how to beat us. Turtle the whole game, if you get a goal, build a fortress. Soft dump the puck. We give up breaks and rushes randomly because our guys push so hard, especially when the puck isn't going in the net.

About the calls...we beat a lot of original six teams, the league didn't forget that loss of revenue.

lol what, we didn't need to make moves, the players look like they treated the off-season like they won the cup.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
A little too bold. We just made the SCF. We don't have to blow it up because of the first dozen games into the season. We just gotta break the lines up.

Johnson and Kucherov are black holes right now and Cooper needs a whole sale change and plug them in with players who need a swift kick in the ass. I proposed Kucherov with Drouin and Stamkos earlier but I've changed my mind. Kuch is gonna black hole the only productive pair we have right now.

Drouin-Stamkos-Johnson
Palat-Namestnikov-Kucherov
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
Patch-Boyle-Condra/Brown

Stamkos has actually done really well during all this, just no results. Maybe Drouin magic will get Johnson going

Namestnikov is busting his ass out there and so is Palat. Perhaps playing with his old friend will get Kuch going too

reunite KFC and get Filppula out of the gutter. To his credit Flip played better tonight than he has in the last 5 games.

bring Condra with Boyle full time and pray for fireworks.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Sustr and Carle are still on the team?

?????????????????????????

So? You think we're going to miss the playoffs because Sustr and Carle are on the team? it's not like we've made the playoffs the past 2 years with them on it.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
5 wins, rest half/full losses. Anyway you cut it that's a losing record. Unacceptable. If we **** the bed over the next 15-20 games, expect Yzerman to start moving people.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I won't be as bold but the hunger doesn't seem to be there. Even if we get in I wouldn't be surprised if we get bounced in the first round. Maybe even a sweep. Just too soft and you can't turn it on like a switch.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Absurd. They're not playing well right now. They're not gelling and not scoring. That can change quickly.

Look at the Rangers after 11 games last season. We're starting slow - considering the short offseason that's understandable. Hopefully we turn it around shortly, but to go into "not make the playoffs mode" already is silly.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I've been a Bolts fan since before they even took the ice for the first time. I just can't help but see a disappointing season like 2011-2012.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I won't be as bold but the hunger doesn't seem to be there. Even if we get in I wouldn't be surprised if we get bounced in the first round. Maybe even a sweep. Just too soft and you can't turn it on like a switch.

This is probably as far as I'd go. They think they can just work it once they get into the playoffs, that's not going to happen and if it's their mindset, they'll have a nice long off-season to think about it.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Hedman is playing fine. So is garrison. Rest of the defense has gone to defenseman class with coach carle and coach sustr.

Offense is snakebitten. No need to overreact. There's a problem, yes, but it's not that drastic. It'd be a horrible message to send if we start unloading these guys.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
We haven't been playing to our potential and we're still only giving up 1 or 2 goals a game. Our offense is the issue right now and it really does seem like Coop's system has been figured out. It's time for him to adjust and he hasn't done so yet. I'm not going to get worried unless we're under .500 at the 1/4 mark of the season and/or we still look off at the 20 game mark.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
We haven't been playing to our potential and we're still only giving up 1 or 2 goals a game. Our offense is the issue right now and it really does seem like Coop's system has been figured out. It's time for him to adjust and he hasn't done so yet. I'm not going to get worried unless we're under .500 at the 1/4 mark of the season and/or we still look off at the 20 game mark.

When you have 5 wins and 6 sorta losses. You're under 500 in my book. I hope it gets better. It's hard to watch because we dominate the whole game then give up stupid goals.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
It doesn't help that majority of the month has been all road games. The western conference is not fun to play against. We lost to one eastern team and that was the red wings. I believe in this team we are just in a rut. They will be productive and hopefully get bounces on our way.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Just a stanley cup hangover, no need to get concerned yet. I've seen the Rangers do this every year as well too.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
It doesn't help that majority of the month has been all road games. The western conference is not fun to play against. We lost to one eastern team and that was the red wings. I believe in this team we are just in a rut. They will be productive and hopefully get bounces on our way.

This schedule has been ********. We seem to play lazy in front of non-rivals. Barring the SCF rematch, where we actually played well for it being back-to-back, this has been a long trudge through no-man's land.

Saturday will be telling. If we can't get some fire to beat Boston on our home turf, then I will start to worry.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

Such as? Not picking on you, but I hate when people say this without giving examples. What do you think this team, two wins away from the cup, coming back with all the same personnel, minus Brendan Morrow, needed to make several moves.

We could have used a decent bottom pairing defenseman. That's not several changes.

Last edited:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
If they were getting blown out 5-0 instead of only losing by 1 goal these last few games, maybe your concerns would have more value. But the goaltending and defense, especially the penalty kill which was a major issue early on, have been really good. We all know this team is capable of scoring and they will.

Yes it sucks that the entire offence has dried up but it is just a small sample size right now. They will get past this and when they do if the Defensive aspects that have been great these last few games keeps up, this will all be but a forgotten memory.

Sure there is the chance the Offence stays stagnant and the D fails us at the same time but there is a much better chance of the opposite happening so I am not worried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad