May 3, 2010
None of the big core pieces dealt
No big fish in FA
Eichel 73 points
ROR 60 points
Reinhart 60 points
Dahlin 39 points
Sabres finish bottom 5

Forgot the part where the defense of Botts will be "what are you going to do, there was nothing on the market, it's better not to do anything than take a risk with a player and saddle yourself with a bad contract".

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Forgot the part where the defense of Botts will be "what are you going to do, there was nothing on the market, it's better not to do anything than take a risk with a player and saddle yourself with a bad contract".
I just don't think anybody with more than one offer will be choosing Buffalo. Players have the power in UFA. We'll get a couple guys in August.

I've been optimistic he would do something on the trade front, but I'm losing that optimism after the draft produced nothing. I'll give him until 7/3 or so before I start really getting critical. But hell, thread came out today.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I just don't think anybody with more than one offer will be choosing Buffalo. Players have the power in UFA. We'll get a couple guys in August.

I've been optimistic he would do something on the trade front, but I'm losing that optimism after the draft produced nothing. I'll give him until 7/3 or so before I start really getting critical. But hell, thread came out today.

I'll give him until the start of the season before really reviewing his moves/lack of moves. It's way too early in the process. I was hoping no trade would be done at the draft. That's what I got so I can't be too mad.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
we swing a deal for a top 4 veteran right d to play with Dahlin

We sign 3 fa’s who actually make sense and fill good roles.

We trade a core piece no one is expecting

Olofsson shows he’s ready to play with eichel

Dahlin wins the Calder, Casey with 50 points, Eichel with 101 points, and a hart finalist

This team makes the 8th seed and upsets 1 seed Toronto by winning in 6, after being down 2-0.

Maybe this is more wish list than bold prediction.

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
- ROR and McCabe traded to StL for Berglund, Dunn, prospect, 1st.

- Girgensons and a mid-round pick to Pittsburgh for Sheary.

Had the right team for ROR, and 3 of the right pieces coming back, along with Sheary to Buffalo. Not terrible.

ROR remains a Sabre

We trade for a winger from Pittsburgh

We land a RHD to play with Dahlin that nobody thought we would

Nailed the winger bit, but like a lot of people, the ROR part....

Still time on the RHD prediction.

O'Reilly isn't traded and someone other than O'Reilly and Eichel is named captain.

Well, someone other than ROR will be named captain, that's for sure. :laugh:

Botterill re-signed Nolan, Pouliot, Reinhart and Wilson.

Trade Girgensons and Moulson for a 2019 2nd and Darling

Trades McCabe for Lazar

^ this is the bull**** I expect.

I'm very happy that the only correct thing in your predictions was re-signing Wilson.

I'll play:

RoR to Columbus after 7/1 for Panarin, we sign him to a 7 year, 52.5M extension
Moulson "retires" and becomes "Assistant west coast scout"
Antipin returns on a 2 year deal, KHL talk was just posturing, starts year playing RD opposite Dahlin
Buffalo signs Ian Cole to a 4 year, 12M deal
Buffalo signs Grabner to a 3 year, 11M deal

Sorry, Doakster. Thanks for playing. :)

ROR traded July 5th
Girgs traded for Sheary
Sign Carter Hutton
Sign Grabner

Nailed Sheary acquisition and Hutton signing, along with ROR being traded. I like the boldness of the date prediction, even if it didn't work out.

None of the big core pieces dealt
No big fish in FA

Not sure what your definition of "big fish" would be. Does Hutton count?

Reactions: Mitts888

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Pain.jpg

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Mccabe revives his play. Slots with dahlin on second pairing after bogo gets hurt. 5 goale, 20 assists for a new career high in points.

Cj smith ends up a bottom line regular at some point after a few injuries allow the sabres to give hI'm a fair look.

Nylander tanks again, we waited to long for a trade and is involved in a "change of scenary" deal instead of a main piece.

Berglund has a nice late career revival and goes for 25-25 with increased dependency on this mess of a team.

Sobotka is a shell of his former self and he, Girgensons, and larsson sport matching abysmal point totals (this one I hope I'm wrong on for sure).

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Mccabe revives his play. Slots with dahlin on second pairing after bogo gets hurt. 5 goale, 20 assists for a new career high in points.

Cj smith ends up a bottom line regular at some point after a few injuries allow the sabres to give hI'm a fair look.

Nylander tanks again, we waited to long for a trade and is involved in a "change of scenary" deal instead of a main piece.

Berglund has a nice late career revival and goes for 25-25 with increased dependency on this mess of a team.

Sobotka is a shell of his former self and he, Girgensons, and larsson sport matching abysmal point totals (this one I hope I'm wrong on for sure).

Why would you trade nylander exactly

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Dahlin and Mittelstadt show they had no business slow cooking in the minors, and everyone goes wow Buffalo can actually have young guys play big roles... not just the rest of the league.

Reactions: CacOBG

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Based off a year and a half as a u20 in the ahl out of the top 6? Or what?
Watching him float live in person 20+ times a year since arriving in rochester. No faith in him at all.

That's the beauty of it though...if I'm wrong I still make out because it's good for my team..

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
That's the beauty of it though...if I'm wrong I still make out because it's good for my team..

I'm pretty sure a large part of the hyper negativity around here lately has come from a similar mentality. People either get to spend the season either talking about how right they were or about happy they are the team is exceeding expectations. It's a great defense mechanism

Reactions: DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'm pretty sure a large part of the hyper negativity around here lately has come from a similar mentality. People either get to spend the season either talking about how right they were or about happy they are the team is exceeding expectations. It's a great defense mechanism
I'm working with what I have. I'm a victim of the circumstances of my environment. I blame the video games and rap music..

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
It's not that Nylander, touted to be Eichel's goal scoring wing, has 18 goals in 116 AHL games in two years since being drafted. Rational fans can look past slow starts for prospects in leagues they probably shouldn't have started in.

It's that the fans who watch him the most see what we hear, that on-ice effort/intensity have been thoroughly questioned since the beginning, right up until he was a healthy scratch in these most recent AHL playoffs.

If the thing you need the most to make the NHL and forge a career isn't there after two years of coaches talking about needing to address it and trying to address it, and if the "skill" underneath it puts up production like he has been, there's certainly no reason to question fans who ponder Alex is a dud, especially the ones who have paid to see him firsthand dozens of times over the last two years, ie, the fans that are across the board the most down on him.

Reactions: Snippit and DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
It's not that Nylander, touted to be Eichel's goal scoring wing, has 18 goals in 116 AHL games in two years since being drafted. Rational fans can look past slow starts for prospects in leagues they probably shouldn't have started in.

It's that the fans who watch him the most see what we hear, that on-ice effort/intensity have been thoroughly questioned since the beginning, right up until he was a healthy scratch in these most recent AHL playoffs.

If the thing you need the most to make the NHL and forge a career isn't there after two years of coaches talking about needing to address it and trying to address it, and if the "skill" underneath it puts up production like he has been, there's certainly no reason to question fans who ponder Alex is a dud, especially the ones who have paid to see him firsthand dozens of times over the last two years, ie, the fans that are across the board the most down on him.

It's a lot of this thank you. Granted o tend to jest to much and not speak analytically like others do.

To nylander's credit his usage/linemates in rochester have been questionable at times.

To play the other side...he hasn't done a single thing to knock the coach's doors off and give him a better chance. Even his assists he gets are secondary. He seems allergic to going below the face off dot. He not only fails to win his own battles in the dirty areas...he downright refuses to go to them. To dumb it down if the pace of the game allowed him to stand above or around the face off dot and pass/shot to his liking once other players did the work to feed him the puck...he'd be a great player.

To defend him he had had injuries that may have him tentative about engaging in play...then again do you want a guy on your team who plays that way?

Don't mean to derail the thread at all just speaking my piece about moving him sooner than later when his value may decrease more. And again in a less sarcastic manner I will admit I could be very wrong and I hope I am because it genuinely would be great for the organization.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I don't even think it's a huge deal if Nylander busts, which hasn't happened yet - sure it stings that Sergachev was there, but at 8OA you aren't going to hit all that often, and following him up with Casey in the same spot the next year appears at this point to be a home run, so on balance I'm fine with this, and happy to keep letting Alex try to put things together

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I'll play

- Dahlin + Mittelstadt 2/3 Calder finalists
- We finish 4th in the Atlantic
- Okposo scores 20 goals
- Nylander is traded by the new year when he doesn't find his groove.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Sabres sign Lee Stempniak but he gets traded at the TDL as the Sabres are out of the playoff race once again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad