Confirmed with Link: Bodie signs! (1 year @ $600k)

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Good move. He was the hardest worker on the ice every shift last season.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
It's a joke. I can't believe people are happy about a guy that is only around because his stepfather is president of mlse.

Did you watch him play last season, or are you just one of those perpetually angry people?

He outplayed and outworked others last year, which is why he was/is on the team. Recall that he was actually sent down at the end of camp last year (doesn't sound like nepotism to me), but was called up because of injuries, and hung around because of effort and being actually effective.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Did you watch him play last season, or are you just one of those perpetually angry people?

He outplayed and outworked others last year, which is why he was/is on the team. Recall that he was actually sent down at the end of camp last year (doesn't sound like nepotism to me), but was called up because of injuries, and hung around because of effort and being actually effective.

He skates hard but he's an awful player. Seems pretty convenient that the only team that will give him a contract is the one run by his stepfather.

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
If they continue to sign all these lugs how are any of the kids ever going to get a chance?
Think about how optimistic you would be going into camp knowing that theres no roster posts available before you even get there.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Good.

Pretty much guarenteed Orr/McLaren won't be around next season

HonestHockey*

Great signing. Most deserving. Earned every second of icetime.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Of course he signed, his father-in-law runs MLSE!

He's alright though, showed improvement.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
He skates hard but he's an awful player. Seems pretty convenient that the only team that will give him a contract is the one run by his stepfather.

I didn't realize his step father also worked for Carolina, or Anaheim.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
If they continue to sign all these lugs how are any of the kids ever going to get a chance?
Think about how optimistic you would be going into camp knowing that theres no roster posts available before you even get there.

I don't think Bodie is guaranteed a spot. He wasn't last year, and was sent down. The kids needs to earn their spot, otherwise what kind of "culture" are they fostering. Signing Bodie allows them to do so. If the kids earn their spots, they get it and Bodie gets send down. If they don't, Bodie gets it. Heck, they send Liles down last year because Reilly earned his spot.

If they signed him for anything above what can be buried in the minors I will change my tune.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Am I crazy or was this guy extremely average.

Good hustle player and good size but not much else.

Would prefer Ashton in that role tbh.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
lol, he's not here because he is Leiweke's son in law.

He's here, because 90% of the time, he was the best player in our bottom 6 last season, and a guy, that damn well deserved to be back this season.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
lol, he's not here because he is Leiweke's son in law.

He's here, because 90% of the time, he was the best player in our bottom 6 last season.

Very true.

Another guy I liked was Ashton. The kid was hungry.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Ashton did a whole lot of nothing playing with the big boys

Bodie did far more imo

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Honestly there are some shallow comments over here. Jokes are fine but really? This guy actually showed a lot of passion at times when the team didn't give a ****, and this wasn't just with the Leafs, he also did so with the marlies too.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I don't see what the problem is giving this guy a spot on the 4th line. He's earned it. This team has far bigger issues than having Troy Bodie on its 4th line, such as having Tyler Bozak on its 1st.

EastVan

Jun 25, 2014
Bodie earned a spot with his play last year. He competes well, which Shannahan loves. There should be a lot of players fighting for fourth line minutes, which is a good thing.

Most of the moves so far signal that we are going to be harder to play against. Polak, Robidas, Komarov, Frattin (D'amigo would have been fine too), Santorelli and now Troy all look like fine additions from the sandpaper standpoint.

Last edited:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Has anyone figured out what the money is?

I'm sure it's somewhere in the 750k-950k range, but I'd like to see what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad