Confirmed with Link: Bodie signs! (1 year @ $600k)

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
He's married to Tim Leiweke's daughter, so maybe they felt obligated to sign him? :sarcasm:
Haha just kidding. In all seriousness though, I really like that he is coming back. A real hard worker who has some good hockey sense as well. Perfect for the 4th line.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Big Bad Bodie!!! Heart and soul player.

Komarov/Kontiola/Santorelli/Frattin/Ashton/Leivo/Holland/Clarkson

I like the competition for the third line/replacements.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If he makes the starting 12 we are in trouble.

I'd say were tanking.
Look at the collection we've gathered. Short term deals, low money against the cap, easy draft pick rentals for a cup team.
If Phaneuf/Lupul get dealt, I'd say for sure.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I'd say were tanking.
Look at the collection we've gathered. Short term deals, low money against the cap, easy draft pick rentals for a cup team.
If Phaneuf/Lupul get dealt, I'd say for sure.
Robidas 4 year deal
Frattin 2 year deal
Komarov 4 year deal

Santorelli , Kontiola and Bodie are the only 1 year deals we have signed this season

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Robidas 4 year deal
Frattin 2 year deal
Komarov 4 year deal

Santorelli , Kontiola and Bodie are the only 1 year deals we have signed this season

And these guys are the essential core pieces designed to win a cup?
Frattin 2 years 800K easy to move or keep. Hardly the Holy Grail piece.
Komarov fan favourite he will stay.
You need a Robidas while Granberg/Nilsson develop.
Bodie,Kontiola,Santorelli could be added by any team looking for bottom depth.
Are we still rumoured on Legwand?
This is the strangest team I've ever seen assembled.
Seriously of those players you named, move out Phaneuf and Lupul and what happens?

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
Well its official
Start planning the stanley cup parade.
We are definitely winning the cup this has nothing to do with tim lewieke making sure his grandkid has diaper and helmet money.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Well its official
We are definitely winning the cup this has nothing to do with tim lewieke making sure his grandkid has diaper and helmet money.

It's a joke. I can't believe people are happy about a guy that is only around because his stepfather is president of mlse.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Well its official

Thanks for your valued input.

This Bodie signing is for a 4th line player. Not every signing is going to score 50 points.

What do you suggest we do?

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Gosh I was just gonna say that. All these signing? 3/4 liners. We need skill.

Some things never change.

I guess we will see next year but I say where the same as last yr or slightly worse.

I think this lineup looks better than last years, cheaper and is full of workhorses.

Santorelli > Raymond (More defensively responsible)
Ashton > Orr (More of an offensive threat, and faster)
Holland >= McClement (More of an offensive threat, bigger, but less defensively responsible)
Frattin > D'amigo (More versatile)
Komarov = Kulemin (Both defensively responsible and fast)
Konna > Injured Bolland
Polak > Gunnarsson (Not having to play a LHD on the off-wing will improve our breakouts)
Robidas > Gleason (Hello Puck Possession)
No Franson/Granberg > Franson (More defensively responsible)

That tied into the fact Kadri, Kessel, JVR, Bozak, Rielly & Gardiner will be one year old, and Clarkson can't get any worse, I think shows Toronto is only getting better.

This team has enough skill. We score enough goals, we just let way to many in. This team needed more players who have a mix of skill and defense, and yes, those players are typically 3rd liners. If they were 2nd liners, or believed to be, we would be paying way too much at Free Agency. AKA Clarkson. Santorelli, Konna, Komarov, & Frattin all bring a great mix of skill and responsibility. They also all have a strong work ethic, as well as Robidas & Polak

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
It's a joke. I can't believe people are happy about a guy that is only around because his stepfather is president of mlse.

You know what's a joke? Everyone's preaching culture change, how about actually rewarding a guy that worked his ass off for a losing team?

If everyone on the team played as hard as Bodie did last year we would have been a shoe in for the playoffs.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Any word on $? Or are the terms simply he gets to stay and eat at Tims house?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad