LeBrun: Bobrovsky “willing to waive his NMC”.. “list submitted months ago.”

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Surprised there hasn’t been a thread/any talk about this yet, as news broke yesterday afternoon. Another log thrown into the fire for the Bob/Jackets situation. A trade is more than likely on the horizon and inevitable (atleast in my opinion). Interesting that he submitted his list before the season even began.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Torts ran Luongo out of Van and appears to have done the same in CBJ lol.

so it’s Torts fault for Bob’s 2.93 GAA, .903 save percentage? the same Torts that has entirely turned this franchise around from being one of the most disrespected/lowly franchises to a consistent playoff team (despite first round woes)?

you right, you right. being first in the division is overrated n e wayz.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
so it’s Torts fault for Bob’s 2.93 GAA, .903 save percentage? the same Torts that has entirely turned this franchise around from being one of the most disrespected/lowly franchises to a consistent playoff team (despite first round woes)?

you right, you right. being first in the division is overrated n e wayz.
It's pure speculation on my part. I didn't say I have proof that any of what I said is true. :laugh: Calm down.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
It's pure speculation on my part. I didn't say I have proof of any of what I said being true. :laugh: Calm down.

just saying. i’m tired of people bashing Torts and blaming him for everything. sure, he is one of the most (if not the most) hated coaches on HF (and in the general public) but he deserves credit where credit is due. I’m happy to have him as the coach of my favorite team.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
just saying. i’m tired of people bashing Torts and blaming him for everything. sure, he is one of the most (if not the most) hated coaches on HF (and in the general public) but he deserves credit where credit is due. I’m happy to have him as the coach of my favorite team.
Fair enough, Palm Tree. I felt the same way but that will wear off in due time my friend.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
With Korpisalo having played so well in the starting role I think the clock is ticking on Bobrovsky for sure.
I'll be interested to see if the Flyers trade for him? He started out there and it's obvious he needs a change of scene.
What do Columbus get in return? I would think they'd want a backup goalie (Flyers sure have plenty of those), or would they take a chance on Berube as their backup? Might be risky.
I'd also expect Columbus to want a proven / decent forward in any trade with the Flyers.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I feel bad for Jackets fans. Potentially losing ur 2 best players must be tough just when ur team looks like its on the rise.
Ive read this a lot and its factually wrong. A simple look at Bobd numbers from last years playoffs until right now Bob clearly isnt even a top 5 player on this team. And Panarin is without a doubt an amazing player idk if he is better then Jones. Match him with Cam since Cam returned from his ankle injury last year... I ptobably take Cam there. Cam is the better goal scorer overall in general between the 2. Also before the season started it was known that because bobs asking price we werent signing him. People mention losing Bob and saying trade him so you dont lose him for nothing. Chances are we have listened and at what is being offered we politely decline and proceed to use him as a self rental unless circumstances change.

Also based on the fact we are talking contract extensions with Bread after he stated he wouldnt have any talks after the season started and it seems it was breads side that was willing to talk contracts here upcoming for the break that he is wanting to think about the possibility of signing here long term. He has been growing relationships with more of his teammates then just Bob and you can tell on the ice how much he loves playing with these guys. After every goal he finds the guy how passed it to him first and finds them to celebrate with that person first. He jumps into guys for hugs and has different handshakes for different guys. And he wants to win and has said that is more important then the money... the CBJ can offer him the longest term, has the cap space to match all offers money wise, and most importantly we have won 3 years in a row now with the youngest team in the league at least 2 of those years and likely still top 5ish youngest this year again.

Anyways... if we move Bob its only going to be for an overpayment as he is worth more to us as a 1A ahead of Korpi this year through the playoffs then just a couple picks and prospects.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Bob is obviously a top goalie but Korpisalo is good and young. Could be a blessing in disguise for the jackets. Trade BOB for a likely good haul and actually save money. Could make room to make Panarin a big offer so they could potentially keep him.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Don't remember if it was on here or somewhere else, but Bob submitting his list came out a couple months back. Also from what little has been said in the media lately since Bob got scratched, I don't think Bob has any issues with Torts and if anything I think Torts makes a concentrated effort to keep Bob happy. He does seem to be unhappy in the organization though and will most certainly be moved before the the deadline.

Biggest X factor is do the Jackets grab another good goalie to replace him, or trust in Korpisalo and just move him for futures or forward/D depth?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Fair enough, Palm Tree. I felt the same way but that will wear off in due time my friend.
And to be fair Torts didnt run Luongo out he played the better younger goalie amd that bothered Lou especially after the outdoors game. Your TERRIBLE GM should have traded Lou before that was even the case then instead of doing just that at the end of the season he waited until the draft and traded the younger goalie with no issues with the team. Lou's relationship was already ruined and they had to move him too because terrible asset management. Same issue with Kesler and that GM. Gillis took a winner and turned it into the van you saw 2 years ago.

Also Torts should have never been hired there. They were the most finesse team in the league and brought in the most physical coach to play for. Players like the Sedins have been asked since he had been moved and they said Torts was extremely respected in the locker room he never lost it.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Ive read this a lot and its factually wrong. A simple look at Bobd numbers from last years playoffs until right now Bob clearly isnt even a top 5 player on this team. And Panarin is without a doubt an amazing player idk if he is better then Jones. Match him with Cam since Cam returned from his ankle injury last year... I ptobably take Cam there. Cam is the better goal scorer overall in general between the 2. Also before the season started it was known that because bobs asking price we werent signing him. People mention losing Bob and saying trade him so you dont lose him for nothing. Chances are we have listened and at what is being offered we politely decline and proceed to use him as a self rental unless circumstances change.

Also based on the fact we are talking contract extensions with Bread after he stated he wouldnt have any talks after the season started and it seems it was breads side that was willing to talk contracts here upcoming for the break that he is wanting to think about the possibility of signing here long term. He has been growing relationships with more of his teammates then just Bob and you can tell on the ice how much he loves playing with these guys. After every goal he finds the guy how passed it to him first and finds them to celebrate with that person first. He jumps into guys for hugs and has different handshakes for different guys. And he wants to win and has said that is more important then the money... the CBJ can offer him the longest term, has the cap space to match all offers money wise, and most importantly we have won 3 years in a row now with the youngest team in the league at least 2 of those years and likely still top 5ish youngest this year again.

Anyways... if we move Bob its only going to be for an overpayment as he is worth more to us as a 1A ahead of Korpi this year through the playoffs then just a couple picks and prospects.

Bobrovsky needs a change of team - I think he could still be a top starting goalie but not in Columbus. They need to trade him and get as much as they can in return.
I would like to see Panarin sign in Columbus - he is a fantastic playmaker and complements Atkinson, who could easily be a 40 goal scorer.
I think Jackets are a little lacking in the 2C department? is It Jenner or Wennberg? Either way they could do with a little more production from one or both of them.
Really like this team's D - they have a very good top 4
Is this the year they get past the 1st round? I guess it depends on who they play but I think I'd back them to do it.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Bobrovsky needs a change of team - I think he could still be a top starting goalie but not in Columbus. They need to trade him and get as much as they can in return.
I would like to see Panarin sign in Columbus - he is a fantastic playmaker and complements Atkinson, who could easily be a 40 goal scorer.
I think Jackets are a little lacking in the 2C department? is It Jenner or Wennberg? Either way they could do with a little more production from one or both of them.
Really like this team's D - they have a very good top 4
Is this the year they get past the 1st round? I guess it depends on who they play but I think I'd back them to do it.
2c is currently Jenner which he has always thrived on the dot but not at C. His best days were at LW but he has found a great line w9th Fligs and Anderson. They all play the same style of speed and physicality and outwork everyone they play against. They lack a true 2C but to be fair the 2nd line is playing great so I wouldnt want to touch it until it cools off.

Im not against trading Bob nor do I think the team is I just think it has to come down to is the return better then the production we get out of Bob if we self rent. Based on our GMs trade history I trust him more then Id trust any GM in the league in that catagory. Got Hartnell for umberger, Saad for Anisimov. Panarin for Saad, and the biggest robbery Jones for our locker room cancer Johanson. If Bob is beong traded I believe its the right call.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Torts ran Luongo out of Van and appears to have done the same in CBJ lol.
The only reason bob is leaving is he told CBJ he wanted to be the highest paid goalie in the league. CBJ said no dice. A report came out he wants 11+ a year. What a joke.

CBJ will find a short term replacement, for this year and next and in the mean time get Elvis over to the US and start developing him.

Reactions: Palm Tree

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I see talk of huge hauls, etc.
How much are CBJ fans expecting from a UFA goalie?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I see talk of huge hauls, etc.
How much are CBJ fans expecting from a UFA goalie?

Depends. Is Bob getting traded as a UFA-to-be or with an extension? LeBrun speculates he may be moved with an extension in place which would catapult his trade value. Either a 1st+Prospect+roster player or a top-line player straight up for Bob is what I’m expecting.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Depends. Is Bob getting traded as a UFA-to-be or with an extension? LeBrun speculates he may be moved with an extension in place which would catapult his trade value. Either a 1st+Prospect+roster player or a top-line player straight up for Bob is what I’m expecting.

That makes sense and is probably your best option of getting some nice pieces.
If hes sold as a UFA at the deadline, he probably wont return much since 90% of playoffs wont need a #1G.
Maybe Calgary?

Reactions: mikeyp24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad