Value of: Bobby Ryan

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'd rather Eberle than Kane as an Ottawa fan. Still whatever we can get for Bobby Ryan right now would be good. Time to move on from him IMO.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I'd do Eberle for Ryan in a jiffy.

I honestly think Ryan is overrated but with a center as capable of McDavid he'd actually produce at the level of his contract.

Change of environment for both players could bring out the best in them that they've might have lost.

Ryan is too slow. McDavid creates most of his chances on the fly, which would leave Ryan far behind.

I'd go as far as saying that McDavid, as great as he is, is a hard player to find chemistry with.

Bäckström would probably be perfect for Ryan. Plays at a pace that even he can keep up with.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
To be completely honest, I would not take Ryan for free with that contract. He's overpaid now, albeit still a good player, but in a few short years that contract is going to be an absolute anchor.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton - Ottawa

To Ottawa
Jordan Eberle
Mark Fayne

To Edmonton
Bobby Ryan
Zack Smith

Edmonton gets a Swiss Army knife in Zack Smith that can play up and down the line up with skilled players.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Fairly horizontal trade. Though I could see use for Smith on Edmonton in a 3C role if Draisaitl moves to the wing, I don't really see a point of exchanging struggling wingers. Eberle is in a leadership role in Edmonton so he'd be more valuable to them.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What would the sens want from the wild?

Jason Pominville
Mikael Granlund

for

Bobby Ryan
???

Hmmm I dunno, hard to match a trade IMO

To be completely honest, I would not take Ryan for free with that contract. He's overpaid now, albeit still a good player, but in a few short years that contract is going to be an absolute anchor.

He is only 29 y/o. His contract expires at 35 yo. Like I said earlier, Bobby Ryan lives on skill and hockey IQ/smarts. He has never been fast or dynamic so he should not decline before he reaches 35 y/o.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad