Bobby Robbins on waivers

David Donaldson*

Tony Marinaro proposed that the Habs pick Bobby robbins off waivers and insert him in the lineup Thursday night against the Bruins.

Bobby Robbins is a fan favourite in Boston. We should put him in to beat up Lucic and then waive him the next week.

He's a rockstar in Boston , he had a fight in Boston , everybody went nuts, they loved him, 6'1 221 lbs, good hitter.

Can you imagine this guy going up against a team that said he wasn't good enough. Go Habs go pick this guy up.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Tony Marinaro proposed that the Habs pick Bobby robbins off waivers and insert him in the lineup Thursday night against the Bruins.

Bobby Robbins is a fan favourite in Boston. We should put him in to beat up Lucic and then waive him the next week.

He's a rockstar in Boston , he had a fight in Boston , everybody went nuts, they loved him, 6'1 221 lbs, good hitter.

Can you imagine this guy going up against a team that said he wasn't good enough. Go Habs go pick this guy up.

That would be hilarous, i'm all for it, pick him up play him against boston tell him to fight lucy, after the game drop him lol

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Or we could just insert Bournival, who is actually an effective NHL player, instead of a plug who didn't make the NHL til he was 33 and likely won't play in the league again.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004

Too bad Lucic would likely mop the floor with him. I wouldn't mind him though. Good energy guy.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Bobby Robbins!

Saviour of the Habs!
Protector of Subban!
Guardian of Pacioretty!
Gladiator for Price!

All hail his fists that are shields!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That is a pretty funny idea. Major troll job.
However, I feel winning is more important than trolling.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
This is the dumbest thing I have read today. That includes trading Price. Robins is a 32 year old career ECHL and AHLer. He's not a very good fighter and he doesn't have the skill to play in the NHL. That's why it took him so long to play in the league.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

This is the same Robby Bobbins that Chris Nilan was mocking on his show saying he can't wait for Prust to scrap with. The Habs had their own in Evan Wardley(RD) WHL Seattle Thunderbirds, bodyguard for Matt Barzal(C) ranked #8 on Craig's list for 2015 Entry Draft, that's a little low considering his talent, Vancouver GM Trevor Linden hoping "know body" will notice.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Bobby Robbins!

Saviour of the Habs!
Protector of Subban!
Guardian of Pacioretty!
Gladiator for Price!

All hail his fists that are shields!

HAHAHAHAHA. He can even protect us from the bench.

16punch.gif

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I would much rather they just...you know....play hockey and try to win the game.

Robby Bobbins uses intimidation to ensure we can play all the hockey and win all the games!

For just five minutes a game, he ensures nobody tries anything shifty against the Habs in fear of meeting his hulking fists and regretting a career in hockey.

Don't you see? He's the reason we're gonna be able to play hockey! He's Moses but frees the neutral zone!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

I thought that era was bye us?

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
He's absolutely useless. No thanks.

I get what Tony was suggesting and I take it as a tongue-in-cheek comment but in all seriousness, Habs don't need an AHL scrub like him.

Well, the Habs maybe do need an example of hardworking dedication and perseverence, though. Well, another one... not saying there aren't already some guys who have done it and continue to... but maybe a fresh face doing it is more noticeable.

I think I would go ahead with it on the Bruins beard-tweaking aspect anyway. As long as I had some vaguely favourable scouting report on Robins, at least. I don't have any familiarity, but if he can skate and forecheck and do at least some 4th line-calibre stuff, even if not as well as our current incumbents, it is worth it, for fun. Doesn't have to be thought of as a long-term situation.

68*

No thanks. ****** fighter. Bruins reject.

This is the same Robby Bobbins that Chris Nilan was mocking on his show saying he can't wait for Prust to scrap with. The Habs had their own in Evan Wardley(RD) WHL Seattle Thunderbirds, bodyguard for Matt Barzal(C) ranked #8 on Craig's list for 2015 Entry Draft, that's a little low considering his talent, Vancouver GM Trevor Linden hoping "know body" will notice.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Speaking of Evan Wardley, what a ****ing hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad