Post-Game Talk: Bobby McMann Beats Blues

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Nearly perfect first period. On the right side of the puck the entire period. Nothing fancy, keep it simple and let some of your skill (or luck) work for you.

I felt it was a brutal second. Back to the old turnover machine, with guys getting caught. Still didn't give up too much, but very loose and poor period.

Back to it in the third, tidy and clean. Got the 2 goal lead and shut it down from there.

Could easily have had 7 goals for if not for our guys being snakebitten as they are.

Superb team effort overall, with some unlikely heroes revealing themselves.

Which begs the question, where the f*** is that kind of (mental and detailed) effort in the other games? That needs to be the Leafs standard, night in, night out. Inexcusable if that is not the case for the rest of the season.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Honestly guys,

Had more fun watching a Tavares, Marner less team than I have with them in, in a long time.

I think we can go without 2 x 11mil players in the lineup, whomever that may be. And then spread that money around. Upgrade the D, bottom 6, another top 6 etc.

Thought the guys played really really well tonight. And quote a simple game. Much less drop passing. Much less turning back on our zone. Much more cycling time. We were closer to the oppositions net all night.

These guys do have it in them. Exciting times.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We are pretty elite when key players are missing from the lineup

2nd line was amazing. Did everything but score
McMann will probably be scratched next game

The speed, straight line routes and back checking, short crisp passes were noticeable and refreshing for one night at least. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that two of our slow it down guys were out of the lineup or how their pacing can disrupt flow.

A lot of guys looked more assertive jumping up in the pecking order. McCabe was as really feeling himself and Robertson looks so good. I wouldn’t say it’s sustainable but for one night you could see a different look with a lot of the same guys with a little bit to prove. Big night for McMann. Asserted himself in a big way.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
When the D takes a D first mentality this is what you get. A defensive clinic and the lowest shots against all season.
This was the forwards coming back and down low, pressuring the other team. It makes things infinitely easier for the D.

Mar 26, 2010
Great win. Tavares is a huge detriment to the team on the second line unfortunately. He's just too slow and not good at 5 on 5 or defensive play.
Yup JT is on the later end of his NHL career.

Reactions: Al14

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Honestly guys,

Had more fun watching a Tavares, Marner less team than I have with them in, in a long time.

I think we can go without 2 x 11mil players in the lineup, whomever that may be. And then spread that money around. Upgrade the D, bottom 6, another top 6 etc.

Thought the guys played really really well tonight. And quote a simple game. Much less drop passing. Much less turning back on our zone. Much more cycling time. We were closer to the oppositions net all night.

These guys do have it in them. Exciting times.

I don’t think we’re really miss Tavares when he’s gone. The way he affects the pacing is really noticeable in his absence. You can just play uptempo, high energy, clean lines, no stop ups, slow downs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00