NFL: Bob Sutton fired

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Sutton is taking the fall unfairly here. Can that D get better? MAYBE. I mean about all it can do from 31 is go up. I wouldn't blame Sutton for that loss, the offense played it's worst half of the year by far. I would throw blame at Reid. He was outcoached in every phase.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Those third down conversions by the Pats were the end for Sutton. He still has a job if Ford doesn't line up offside though.

A Rex Ryan defense with the most explosive offense in the NFL would've been something to watch a few years back. I don't believe he has ever had a good passing offense to work with in all his years as HC/DC. The Bills years were pretty rough though and it seemed like he was done as a coach.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
His defense is not for today's NFL.

That's the thing and your right. If Dee Ford is onside he still has a job. That's why I say scapegoat. Where's Reid the offensive fiest 15 scripted plays offensive genius to blame himself for the 1st jalf being a dumpster fire on that side of the ball?

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
His defense is not for today's NFL.

That's the thing and your right. If Dee Ford is onside he still has a job. That's why I say scapegoat. Where's Reid the offensive fiest 15 scripted plays offensive genius to blame himself for the 1st jalf being a dumpster fire on that side of the ball?
When you put up 31 points, the offense doesn't take the blame. I don't think Reid is very involved in the defense, so it was pretty obvious Sutton was getting canned.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
When you put up 31 points, the offense doesn't take the blame. I don't think Reid is very involved in the defense, so it was pretty obvious Sutton was getting canned.

Anybody who didn't watch the game wouldn't see that the offense aside from the 4th didn't show up, then the game got out of hand. I go back to you can't expect to win when you only show up for a quarter. The team in general was NOT prepared.

By the way, who won the opening coin toss? If it was KC that's another negative to Reid and preperation done.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Anybody who didn't watch the game wouldn't see that the offense aside from the 4th didn't show up, then the game got out of hand. I go back to you can't expect to win when you only show up for a quarter. The team in general was NOT prepared.

By the way, who won the opening coin toss? If it was KC that's another negative to Reid and preperation done.
I agree about the coin toss, I always think good offensive teams should take the ball and score to get ahead and then you can dictate the game flow.

31 points is 31 points either way. Yes they were bad in the first half but the defense ultimately couldn't get a stop after the offense turned it around.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I agree about the coin toss, I always think good offensive teams should take the ball and score to get ahead and then you can dictate the game flow.

31 points is 31 points either way. Yes they were bad in the first half but the defense ultimately couldn't get a stop after the offense turned it around.

It's not so much about the offense being dynamic, although because of that at home i'd take the ball, it's the strategy of how NE wanted to play, run the ball, eat the clock and keep Mahomes on the bench. The best defense is a complete offense. 8 minutes passed before KC got on the field. A bad offensive series and from there despite the pick the D was tired hence why come the 4th they had no energy to stop Brady and crew. So I mean it does go way deeper than the 4th quarter performance. How many punts did the Pats have? 2?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Andy and Rex doesn't seem like the best mesh of personalities.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
People remember Rex Ryan, the clown show head coach for the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills.

Most people forgot he was a defensive coach for 10 years with the Baltimore Ravens, he was a part of that 2000 coaching staff which pretty much shut out everyone

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
People remember Rex Ryan, the clown show head coach for the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills.

Most people forgot he was a defensive coach for 10 years with the Baltimore Ravens, he was a part of that 2000 coaching staff which pretty much shut out everyone

Hard to play that way anymore, the Jets did good his first 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad