Injury Report: Bob McKenzie: Slater out with suspected broken hand

jetkarma*

Not good news , but I am excited to see Cormier get playing time. I think Bob is a bit mistaken with his comment about the Jets giving an exact update .

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
" The Jets to update Slater sittuation after practise " as per Bob Mckenzie TSN

Jets breaking update after practice ..... (Wait for it)........... Jim Slater has a upper body injury that may have or may not have happened in last nights game.......... He is listed as week to week:amazed:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
It probably happened when he took that big slash on the penalty kill, but because he held on to his stick, the refs ignored it.

What a joke of a non-call that was, especially if that's where he got injured.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
This will hurt more than people think, as we were left with one faceoff guy (Little) I can't find AHL FO stats, but I do recall that Cormier was pretty good on the dot.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Not good news , but I am excited to see Cormier get playing time. I think Bob is a bit mistaken with his comment about the Jets giving an exact update .

Agreed.

It will be interesting to see how Cormier performs. He will be waiver eligible next year and he is a pending RFA so this will be a big audition. If he shows well he could earn himself a 1-way deal.

Hopefully his PK work is solid and his faceoff work lives up to the hype. If they are, we have a player. If nothing else, he adds a little more size and sandpaper.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Gonna be interesting to see if Cormier is up to the task. He should bring about the same package that Slater does, a little grit, good in the dot, good defensively.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
This sucks. Hopefully Slater isn't out too long. On the flip side, looking forward to Cormier and what he can do. If he can offer solid faceoff abilities, solid PK work and grit, he can do Slater's job, for the most part.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Gonna be interesting to see if Cormier is up to the task. He should bring about the same package that Slater does, a little grit, good in the dot, good defensively.

Last year, he was ridiculously good in the dot. Granted, it was a limited role and a small sample size, but...

# | Player|Team| Pos| GP| ESFOW| ESFOL| PPFOW| PPFOL| SHFOW| SHFOL| HFOW| HFOL| HFO%| RFOW| RFOL| RFO%| FOW| FOL|Tot| FO%
14|Patrice Cormier|WPG|C|9|22|8|0|0|0|0|15|2|88.2|7|6|53.8|22|8|30|73.3

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Last year, he was ridiculously good in the dot. Granted, it was a limited role and a small sample size, but...

# | Player|Team| Pos| GP| ESFOW| ESFOL| PPFOW| PPFOL| SHFOW| SHFOL| HFOW| HFOL| HFO%| RFOW| RFOL| RFO%| FOW| FOL|Tot| FO%
14|Patrice Cormier|WPG|C|9|22|8|0|0|0|0|15|2|88.2|7|6|53.8|22|8|30|73.3

Those are crazy numbers......would be nice to see him do that over an extended period.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
This will hurt more than people think, as we were left with one faceoff guy (Little) I can't find AHL FO stats, but I do recall that Cormier was pretty good on the dot.

Time to give Welly more draws!

Welly and Slater are the only Jets proven to win more than they lose. That said, Little looks like he may top 50% for the first time this year.

Cormier has been sharp on the dot in his limited sample.

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
It probably happened when he took that big slash on the penalty kill, but because he held on to his stick, the refs ignored it.

What a joke of a non-call that was, especially if that's where he got injured.

Pfft, stick slashing is ridiculous. You can do it all night long, not a penalty. Catch someone with a loose grip and he drops his stick, penalty. I'll give the refs stick breaking though.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
Watched the replay, believe it was just after the slash by Franson. Slater tried to pressure the point when the puck was along the boards and he hit in between both Leafs into the boards hands first. Was wincing pretty heavily after that.

HockeyAnn

Mar 10, 2012
Does anybody know which hand? I'm assuming he writes with his right, he's scheduled for an autograph signing tonight... :(

He came to the signing tonight to take pictures with fans as he couldn't sign autographs. It's his right hand.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
that is too bad for slater. Hopefully Cormier can shine! I would think he will be fired up for this opportunity and play like a mad man......well an organized mad man......well a person trying really hard and not taking any penalties and following the coaching instruction mad man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad