Post-Game Talk: Bob Lays a Stinker as Team Hits as Many Posts as There Are Jersey Hoodrats per Square Inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
TOR choke away a 3-1 lead to NYI,
lose 4-3 in OT

TOR choke away a 3-0 lead to COL,
lose 5-3 in regulation

TB and DET both win, leaving the door wide open for 3rd.

Also Bjugstad got a hatter tonight.
Maybe we should kick tires on him, up to 9 goals and 26pts in 41 games.
big nick wouldve saved us tonight, lundell on a 2 goal pace season

That big 4 is too legit to break up
they just got out goalied by Georgiev, but won the deserve o win meter

Reactions: Dylan9z9

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
The odds of ENG are lower with 6-on-4 than 6-on-5. That’s my point. If you’re happy to take the risk when it’s more likely to suffer an ENG, then you should be even happier when the risk goes down. Honestly, I see this all the time and their logic doesn’t make sense.
nope. Icing changes the dynamics,

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Bob was outplayed badly and we lost. He had a terrible game. That’s ultimately what cost us.

Oh well. On to the next one
not his best i agree, but the offense only getting one goal against NJ was concerning, theyre not some defensive juggernaut but seem to beat us at our own game.

Crazy we beat them with some of our guys out and then they return the favor with their guys out.

Reactions: austropanther

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
not his best i agree, but the offense only getting one goal against NJ was concerning, theyre not some defensive juggernaut but seem to beat us at our own game.

Crazy we beat them with some of our guys out and then they return the favor with their guys out.

4 posts. Can't really blame the offense too honestly.

Games like these happen. But the 3rd goal was super deflating. Super soft goals usually are

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Not worried…

We played shitty the first 10, Bob gave them two goals and the first one was off a weird deflection…

They blocked a ton of shots, we missed a billion times, we hit the post a trillion more !

Just couldn’t get the puck-luck going !!

On to the next one… :)

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
IMG_0959.jpeg

Holy shit I got my liking back!

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I don’t feel the kumbaya when opposing team fans come do the “there there” move.

Concern trolls are, frankly, even more pathetic than obnoxious trolls.

Anyway, not terribly upset with that loss. Tight game vs the team's kryptonite (backup goaltender) and you get a fluke own-goal plus a stinker scored by a stinker (Haula). My only comment is that I think Kulikov could use a game in the press box and I'd like to see Mahura get a shot.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Definitely Nogoalov needs to watch from on high. He’s either horrible or eh! Also, give someone Elise a chance other than Lockwood. He is okay, but he is not really that great so try someone els, like Mackie On the 3rd and put Lomberg on the 4th.

Reactions: KW

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
4 posts. Can't really blame the offense too honestly.

Games like these happen. But the 3rd goal was super deflating. Super soft goals usually are

he wants that back I'm sure and I don't want to excuse it but watch the replay and monty's response - he knew he made that difficult for his goalie. he threw his head back and immediately skated over to bob.

deflating for sure at that point but the team did a good job continuing to push after that and easily could have come back with a bounce or two.

I can't believe people are blaming bob, though. he had no chance on either of the first two. I don't even see how you can argue that.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
he wants that back I'm sure and I don't want to excuse it but watch the replay and monty's response - he knew he made that difficult for his goalie. he threw his head back and immediately skated over to bob.

deflating for sure at that point but the team did a good job continuing to push after that and easily could have come back with a bounce or two.

I can't believe people are blaming bob, though. he had no chance on either of the first two. I don't even see how you can argue that.
I think the blame Bob theme comes from his tendencies over time that everyone has observed. He’s a top paid goalie, but:
- Goals in the first 5 shots.
- Softie at some point in the game.
- Turnover from playing the puck behind the net.

Of course, he makes up for it by making miraculous saves routinely. And he brought it in the playoffs without the problems I mentioned.

So even if he wasn’t to blame yesterday or for any given game, I take the complaining as a general “oh no not again” sentiment. So I get it.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I don’t feel the kumbaya when opposing team fans come do the “there there” move.
My personal opinion is, if I’m going to go on the opposing team’s board, I’ll only do it after my team lost to say good game and compliment their club in some way.

But if my team won and the opposition board is clearly in a pissy mood about it (as I am after losses) I’d just stay away.

Reactions: PSLguy and KW

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I get it, especially after a loss.

But he might have just been lurking, saw a few devils fans talking shit and felt the need to try and be sportsmanlike.

Of course, if I'm lurking and see a certain somebody shitpost on the leafs board, then I'm probably let it slide...

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad