Confirmed with Link: Bob Boughner hired as an Assistant Coach

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Unfortunately, that was my 2nd year of regular fandom. So boring...

Kinda surprised at both Wayne Thomas and Corey Schwab both leaving at the same time. I wonder if anybody will replace Thomas as an assistant GM.

Maybe the Sharks org finally realized that what these guys have been doing with goalies hasn't been working out as well as what Strelow did.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Joe Will is already the AGM, I don't see them adding another.

It seems like a lot of orgs have multiple assistant GMs to handle different parts of the business. Plus, I'd hope that they'd have another guy they can groom if need be.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
It seems like a lot of orgs have multiple assistant GMs to handle different parts of the business. Plus, I'd hope that they'd have another guy they can groom if need be.

Maybe...I think they promoted Will a few years ago to learn from and not only take over as the AHL club GM but in general for Thomas knowing he'd be retiring.

They have Tortora who handles all of the business side of the org.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I was disappointed in this signing the moment I discovered the correct pronunciation of his last name

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I wonder what the biggest name spelling vs pronunciation disparity in hockey has been. Probably Byfuglien. It's funner to say Bye-foog-lee-en than it is to say Bufflin.

Last edited:

sharkbite3

Custom boozer title
Apr 4, 2009
Seaside, CA
I could see it being "Bow-ner" (Like "take a bow"), but Boog-ner makes plenty of sense to me, too. That's been how I've always read it.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Why is there an H then? English makes no sense.

I'm sure at one point in time it made perfect sense in pronunciation. But if you were a Boughner now, how would you say it? :laugh:

English is a cobbled bunch of languages combined with slang that has no mercy for people's surnames.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Wait, is Hedberg the 2nd bench assistant coach AND the goalie coach?

Or is he the goalie coach, who is an assistant coach, and we'll be getting another assistant?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So I meant to ask this a few days ago, but can anyone who knows more about this guy tell me how I should feel about this?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
So I meant to ask this a few days ago, but can anyone who knows more about this guy tell me how I should feel about this?

Good. Good cop to DeBoer's bad cop. Really aggressive and bright offensive coach. Two time OHL coach of the year and two time memorial cup winner for Windsor.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

sr228 mentioned that he's a pretty offensively minded coach, as well as being more of a player's coach to be the good cop to DeBoer's bad cop. So should be a reasonably good coaching choice.

I thought you would know more about him though since I figured that you've watched more of the Spitfire than most of us have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad