Confirmed with Link: Bob Boughner hired as an Assistant Coach

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Last edited:

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
No idea how he is as a coach, but man did I love the Boogeyman when he played on those mid-to-late 90s Sabres teams! Gonna be cool to see him behind the bench.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Liked Boughner as a player. Played a physical tough brand of hockey. Solid defensively.

Hopefully can work with a few of our D-men.

He may end up working with the defense but that is very much NOT his coaching style.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
He's all about pushing the pace and dmen jumping into the rush.

Yep. D-men making plays with the puck, moving it quickly out of their zone and joining the attack.

Not a lot of chipping it out / chipping it in going on with his teams & hopefully that's how they want the Sharks defense to play as well.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yep. D-men making plays with the puck, moving it quickly out of their zone and joining the attack.

Not a lot of chipping it out / chipping it in going on with his teams & hopefully that's how they want the Sharks defense to play as well.

They have the horses to play that way.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
With Hannan and Irwin out and Martin in, I think we do too.

Even with Hannan or Irwin (or Stuart, Murray, etc) in the line up they've had the horses to play that way for a while...McLellan has always been risk averse when it came to NZ play.

DeBoer might have a bit of the same thought process about zone entries but he seems like he might give the D quite a bit more leeway on the breakout.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Even with Hannan or Irwin (or Stuart, Murray, etc) in the line up they've had the horses to play that way for a while...McLellan has always been risk averse when it came to NZ play.

DeBoer might have a bit of the same thought process about zone entries but he seems like he might give the D quite a bit more leeway on the breakout.

I brought this up in another thread, but when Todd first got here (in his "God" McLellan heyday), I don't remember him being risk adverse with regards to the D. So what changed?

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
I brought this up in another thread, but when Todd first got here (in his "God" McLellan heyday), I don't remember him being risk adverse with regards to the D. So what changed?

Dunno, was it when Woodcroft was promoted to behind the bench?

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
There was a Shark Byte once that showed a clip of them practicing breakouts or zone entries and Koala stopped the drill and yelled at everyone and said that Danny was the only one doing anything creative.

No take on the matter. Just thought I'd throw that out there, cuz i distinctly remembered it.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I noticed a couple of years ago at least when we became a boring team to watch on most nights.

Unfortunately, that was my 2nd year of regular fandom. So boring...

Kinda surprised at both Wayne Thomas and Corey Schwab both leaving at the same time. I wonder if anybody will replace Thomas as an assistant GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad