Confirmed with Link: Bob Boughner hired as an Assistant Coach

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I kind of theorized that DeBoer is approaching this much differently than Florida and NJD. Especially since Boughner and Spott are his likely assistants.

I hope they add another assistant. I'm not comfortable with Hedberg being the only other assistant. I'm okay with him being the 3rd assistant like Woodcroft was along with being the goalie coach.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
sr228 mentioned that he's a pretty offensively minded coach, as well as being more of a player's coach to be the good cop to DeBoer's bad cop. So should be a reasonably good coaching choice.

I thought you would know more about him though since I figured that you've watched more of the Spitfire than most of us have.

I haven't had a reason to watch Winsor in recent years since I'm a loser and only watch juniors for prospects. Logan Brown could be a reason, but I'm sorta biased against him since he's choosing to represent Canada instead of the US. :laugh:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I haven't had a reason to watch Winsor in recent years since I'm a loser and only watch juniors for prospects. Logan Brown could be a reason, but I'm sorta biased against him since he's choosing to represent Canada instead of the US. :laugh:

Don't hear that much a player leaving the usa team to represent canada. Kid isn't the smartest for getting the best chance to make international teams in the future.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Don't hear that much a player leaving the usa team to represent canada. Kid isn't the smartest for getting the best chance to make international teams in the future.

He didn't really "leave", he's a duel citizen. He was born in the US, but his father was Canadian so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

In addition to Brown, Jake Chychrun and Sean Day were American-born and trained, even though it looks like they'll both represent Canada. Depending on how it plays out, up to seven of the top-10 in the 2016 NHL draft could be American-born and trained even though they choose to represent Canada: Matthews, Chychrun, Jones, Tkachuk, Brown, Krys, and Day (and that's not considering possible risers like Keller and Bellows).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad