OT: Boardies 2022 - The Filip Chytil Surprisingly Long Tenure Award for best board veteran

Who is your top veteran of the 2021-22 season?

• Kane One

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Glen Sathers Cigar

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • HatTrick Swayze

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • ohbaby

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • chosen

• bhamill

• RangerBoy

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • SA16

• will1066

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Bob Richards

• bobbop

• Killem Dafoe

• Gardner McKay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Krams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fitzy

• nyr2k2

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • SinginBluesOnBroadway

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Crease

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Were you around here for the Brendl/Hot Dog discussion?

Also, February 2002 Master Race.

"The Great Re-Set"

Oh yeah. I think that's why I bristle any time other folks give up on the prospects. I'm all, "there was a time, during the dark ages, where we really only HAD two prospects of note, one of them was fat and lazy, and our summer mantra was always 'THIS will be the year Brendl and Lundmark will ascend and bring us glory!'" The rest of the time was spent trying to determine the lineage of the various Ferraros in the system and bickering over the average ice-speed velocity of a Jarkko Immonen.

I’m pretty sure in like 2006 I had the username Zetterqvist because of Henrik Zetterberg/Lundqvist and then I changed it once or twice before eventually forgetting my login entirely while I was deployed sometimes in like 2016 and needing to make a new profile when I was back stateside and wanting to post. So, while not as senior as many, I’m also not as junior as the stats would indicate.

I'm never on these lists because even though I've been around forever, I tend to only post in bursts. I'll have 10-20 posts per day for like a week and then not post anything for two months, haha. Back in my teens/twenties, I also tended to post more frequently on Bigsoccer (though I read HFB a lot).

Reactions: LokiDog

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
What's really weird is I see the guys in 2nd & 3rd all over the boards in every category...I've never seen the guy with 330,000 posts in any thread...so I'm curious if he just stays on his own team's board & posts madly about everything & anything.
Neither have I. Happy he's not HERE with us, otherwise I'd never be able to get in a word edgewise. ;)

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Today marks 15 years on these boards for me... I can't believe it has been that long.
Not saying you're a liar...BUT:

1655992445805.png

Today:
1655992457089.png

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'd pay money to re-read some of the OG HF threads before the great re-set. Good times.

Same here. Some are still up on the Way Back Machine but many are not.

:laugh: I'm glad I didnt say you were a liar!!!!!

I don't even want to know how old I am if I count the leap year days

If you're 40 or under, you're probably like 8-10 days older, lol.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
When we just had a bad loss or something upsetting happen, I scroll past most posts till I hit the people in the poll. Have enjoyed reading your thoughts for over a decade gentle men.

Edit: or gentle woman

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Just had to say hi in the old timers thread. Im a regular lurker. I read almost everyday during the season so thanks for the material guys. Why do I not post? Because you all know so much more than I do. Keep up the good work! LGR
That's no reason to not post. (unless you don't know how to type).
Many don't KNOW what they are talking about and still stick their 2 cents in. (Especially me). The kitty is getting rather large.

Reactions: shackleton

shackleton

Aug 29, 2005
That's no reason to not post. (unless you don't know how to type).
Many don't KNOW what they are talking about and still stick their 2 cents in. (Especially me). The kitty is getting rather large.
Ha, true. You guys keep making the fodder and i'll keep chewing it.

Reactions: Larrybiv

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I’ve always preferred quality over quantity lol.

Even though my likes to post ratio doesn’t support that haha

f***ing crazy I’ve been in this barn for almost 20 years.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I’ve always preferred quality over quantity lol.

Even though my likes to post ratio doesn’t support that haha

f***ing crazy I’ve been in this barn for almost 20 years.
You can’t compare your ratio to the newer members. It’s like comparing goalie win totals pre- and post-shootout era.

Reactions: Fitzy

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Surprisingly? I’m not surprised by how long any of those peeps have been here, I already knew that. I’m surprised how long I’ve been here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad