OT: Boardies 2022 - The Filip Chytil Surprisingly Long Tenure Award for best board veteran

Who is your top veteran of the 2021-22 season?

• Kane One

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Glen Sathers Cigar

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • HatTrick Swayze

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • ohbaby

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • chosen

• bhamill

• RangerBoy

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • SA16

• will1066

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Bob Richards

• bobbop

• Killem Dafoe

• Gardner McKay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Krams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fitzy

• nyr2k2

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • SinginBluesOnBroadway

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Crease

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Some of these whipper-snappers barely remember when these boards were nothing but farmland, as far as the eye could see, and we had threads claiming that we wouldn't trade Petr Prucha for Sid Crosby. Now where'd I put my dad-gum Werther's Originals?

I’m pretty sure in like 2006 I had the username Zetterqvist because of Henrik Zetterberg/Lundqvist and then I changed it once or twice before eventually forgetting my login entirely while I was deployed sometimes in like 2016 and needing to make a new profile when I was back stateside and wanting to post. So, while not as senior as many, I’m also not as junior as the stats would indicate.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I don't know of anyone who's even close to Machinehead in post count. That post count is something lol, considering my join date, for example, preceded his by around 2-1/4 years.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
He's actually fourth. Pretty close to the two directly in front, but the person at #1 has >330,000 posts. o_O

Holy hell. Just did the math and that dude in first place has averaged 67 posts per day for the last 5,024 days.

I could literally mainline all my thoughts and have them directly uploaded realtime and I don't think I could keep up with that volume.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Holy hell. Just did the math and that dude in first place has averaged 67 posts per day for the last 5,024 days.

I could literally mainline all my thoughts and have them directly uploaded realtime and I don't think I could keep up with that volume.
There was a point when I was up to like 8-9 posts per day, and it was when I was active in the GDTs. If you post in the the GDTs frequently, you can easily go through 30+ posts just in that thread. But yeah...67 is otherworldly.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Some of these whipper-snappers barely remember when these boards were nothing but farmland, as far as the eye could see, and we had threads claiming that we wouldn't trade Petr Prucha for Sid Crosby. Now where'd I put my dad-gum Werther's Originals?

Were you around here for the Brendl/Hot Dog discussion?

Also, February 2002 Master Race.

"The Great Re-Set"

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I lurked until 2004. To Jon's point, some of us even pre-date the February 2002 server migration.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I lurked until 2004. To Jon's point, some of us even pre-date the February 2002 server migration.

That’s why I get a kick out of being on this list lol.

Some of these other guys have accounts (pre great reset) that are almost as old as I am lmfao.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I vote Larry Biv since he sent my dad a Jean Ratelle hockey card.
OMG @NickyFotiu, that's pretty awesome of you. One, silly little no strings attached good deed, and the warmth in my heart right now, is such a very good feeling. Cannot even imagine how it makes these athletes feel, when they give their time and money for the good of others less fortunate. It's not the same, but surely the feeling is.
P.S. @Machinehead, write in votes count? lmao.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Were you around here for the Brendl/Hot Dog discussion?

Also, February 2002 Master Race.

"The Great Re-Set"
Whatever happened to Prescription Records? I legit thought you were the coolest back in the way-back days. Now you're just an old pain in the ass that I like to poke with sticks every once in a while :laugh:

;)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I’m pretty sure in like 2006 I had the username Zetterqvist because of Henrik Zetterberg/Lundqvist and then I changed it once or twice before eventually forgetting my login entirely while I was deployed sometimes in like 2016 and needing to make a new profile when I was back stateside and wanting to post. So, while not as senior as many, I’m also not as junior as the stats would indicate.
It's not always about the quantity of "service time", it's about the quality of one's posts, and a smattering of humor (that might be me) or "outside the box" posts.
How's the Mrs. and newborn doing?

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
It's not always about the quantity of "service time", it's about the quality of one's posts, and a smattering of humor (that might be me) or "outside the box" posts.
How's the Mrs. and newborn doing?

Mom’s doing much better now, 25 days post op and feeling much more alive. Baby is amazing every day, but definitely can be a handful for her when I’m at work. When we have both of us splitting the load he’s truly adorable and amazing us every day that he seems a bit more developed.
DB7830FD-4BEA-4137-91E3-02968801E129.png

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Reactions: LokiDog

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Larrybiv is just a flat-out good dude.
(blushing) Not sure what I did to deserve this but......thanks Hunter. You're pretty cool too, and enjoy your posts.

P.S. I'd like to come up with another little fun thing this off season.
Surely I have something of Rangers value to give up.

Just don't ask for the prize to be my GF. I kinda need her, as I would never be able to find a more dedicated female Rangers fan that is willing to put up with my shit, despite the nice things being said of me.....here.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Jeez, and I thought I had no life. A pretty dedicated dude, if u ask me. Wonder if he has a significant other, or someone to bitch at him because he is always "on that gosh darn computer", lol.
He definitely has a significant other he is avoiding.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Mom’s doing much better now, 25 days post op and feeling much more alive. Baby is amazing every day, but definitely can be a handful for her when I’m at work. When we have both of us splitting the load he’s truly adorable and amazing us every day that he seems a bit more developed. View attachment 560966
That is one good looking baby boy. Gonna be quite the lady killer (like his Daddy?) Has such dark eyes. Seem to be a dark blue, but could be the camera or lighting. Regardless.

He definitely has a significant other he is avoiding.
You got that right. If I spent that much time here, GF would be asking for a divorce, and we ain't even hitched yet.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
That is one good looking baby boy. Gonna be quite the lady killer (like his Daddy?) Has such dark eyes. Seem to be a dark blue, but could be the camera or lighting. Regardless.

You got that right. If I spent that much time here, GF would be asking for a divorce, and we ain't even hitched yet.

Thanks. They’re blue so far. People keep telling me they’ll likely change because mine are hazel, but there are blue eyes in my family so it’s possible. He’s a cute kid though - I did alright in my day and my wife is definitely better looking than me. He resembles me more, but if she gave him a beauty upgrade, he’s gonna be just fine. It’s amazing watching the little changes every day.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
He's actually fourth. Pretty close to the two directly in front, but the person at #1 has >330,000 posts. o_O

What's really weird is I see the guys in 2nd & 3rd all over the boards in every category...I've never seen the guy with 330,000 posts in any thread...so I'm curious if he just stays on his own team's board & posts madly about everything & anything.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad