Player Discussion Bo Horvat Part TWO

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Last one past 1000 posts, here it was

Player Discussion - Bo Horvat

Sorry no poll guys, added to much heat to the kitchen with recent polls here

And here are some KEY posts from the last thread to FURTHER our discussion on Captain Bo:

Earth... in 2-3 years. Gonna happen...
No surprise. Young Immature posters think they should "Mommy I'm an Adult now Let me Play my Games." Welcome to the Real World Junior.
. . . proceeds to pencil in Goldobin . . .
Big SPORTSNET..... always pushing their agenda.

o_O

Was too nosy
Was just thinking that.
Did... did you link the wrong tweet?

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Horvat is awesome. I do really hope having more
defensive support in Dickinson and better wingers in Garland, Hoggy et al will see an increase in his totals.

At least to me he looks like he is capable of becoming a 70pt player.

Windy River

Jan 31, 2013
Quietly still, Horvat is our hardest working, most consistent, and clutchest player night after night. Those that expressed disapproval at Horvat being named captain rather than Petey, I hope now you are starting to see why Bo is undoubtedly the deserved owner of the “C”.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Quietly still, Horvat is our hardest working, most consistent, and clutchest player night after night. Those that expressed disapproval at Horvat being named captain rather than Petey, I hope now you are starting to see why Bo is undoubtedly the deserved owner of the “C”.

I wouldn’t call Bo consistent at all tbh. He disappears for games at a time, including most of the games this year so far. Doesn’t mean he can’t be worthy of the “C”, but it is an issue.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Horvat was fine tonight. He still gets buried with responsibility, because somehow throughout Benning's 8-year tenure he's been unable to find a competent, defensive 3C.

He is what is. He plays how you should expect. The environment is the problem.

Reactions: The Poacher

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Bo turned away from conflict tonight when his rookie line mate got rocked with a borderline hit.

Is Bo still into this? Sure looks indifferent out there

Reactions: David71

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Horvat was fine tonight. He still gets buried with responsibility, because somehow throughout Benning's 8-year tenure he's been unable to find a competent, defensive 3C.

He is what is. He plays how you should expect. The environment is the problem.
Take him off this team and watch the team truly suck.

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
Bo turned away from conflict tonight when his rookie line mate got rocked with a borderline hit.

Is Bo still into this? Sure looks indifferent out there
If you watch the clip again you can see Horvat turn to possible get into it with Mcnabb and then Podz start talking to him, possibly telling him not to, I don’t know. But to me (and I could be totally wrong here) it looked like Podz convinced him not to engage, right or wrong. Canucks had the momentum at that point and the PK is trash, maybe Podz thought it wasn’t worth it. But again I could be completely wrong here.

Reactions: AppleHoneySauce

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
If you watch the clip again you can see Horvat turn to possible get into it with Mcnabb and then Podz start talking to him, possibly telling him not to, I don’t know. But to me (and I could be totally wrong here) it looked like Podz convinced him not to engage, right or wrong. Canucks had the momentum at that point and the PK is trash, maybe Podz thought it wasn’t worth it. But again I could be completely wrong here.

Yeah you're wrong. He did the "crap k I'm gonna waddle around in circles and make it look like I want to do something but hopefully the refs jump in right away so I don't have to". There should be no hesitation, it should be embedded in the team to jump in whenever something like that happens but there is no culture like that here and no pride. OEL jumped in because Shane Doan would of and that's what he learned to do. We have Bo Sedin as our captain and he has been disappointing

The game against Detroit a few weeks back, Garland was mucking it up and the Wings were pissed. T. Bertuzzi, Hronek and others were basially challenging our whole team to throw down, they chased Garland around and none of our guys did shit because we're soft as butter. It's totally not right and it won't win you jack if you act like that in this league.

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
Yeah you're wrong. He did the "crap k I'm gonna waddle around in circles and make it look like I want to do something but hopefully the refs jump in right away so I don't have to". There should be no hesitation, it should be embedded in the team to jump in whenever something like that happens but there is no culture like that here and no pride. OEL jumped in because Shane Doan would of and that's what he learned to do. We have Bo Sedin as our captain and he has been disappointing

The game against Detroit a few weeks back, Garland was mucking it up and the Wings were pissed. T. Bertuzzi, Hronek and others were basially challenging our whole team to throw down, they chased Garland around and none of our guys did shit because we're soft as butter. It's totally not right and it won't win you jack if you act like that in this league.
You seem pretty sure of that, what do you think Podz was saying to Horvat then if not to jump in?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

So Horvat has apparently threatened that he won't stay with the team long-term unless management 'cleans up their act'.

Is, like, Quinn Hughes the only significant player here over the past couple years that we don't know is unhappy with management incompetence?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad