Jul 30, 2009
Toronto

They forgot about this guy!

mark-messier.jpg

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
So either its gonna be like when Henrik got the C and Horvat takes off his jersey with the A on it to reveal the one with the C or its going to Pettersson
Horvat takes off his jersey with an A and its a Pettersson jersey with a C underneath, team makes him bend over and let Hank use his back to hand stitch the mythical C (the very same that Bieksa taped on Cody Hodgsons jersey) onto Petterssons chest

He isnt allowed to go cry in the Gate 16 stairwell until Naslund (who was helicoptered in by the new "Aqui-dome" opening roof, a new fan favourite for The Rog (tm) in 2019-20), Henrik, Daniel, and Elias all sing the Swedish national anthem while he is still prone on the ground

Reactions: bh53 and mathonwy

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
It would honestly be the best move of this coaching staff in their whole tenure behind the bench.

Naming Pettersson captain? The kid struggles with inane questions from the media. He's young. He's still adjusting to being in the lime light. Horvat has every attribute you want in a captain. Articulate, level, skilled, plays a critical position, plays in all situations, stays pretty healthy, respected by his teammates.....Pettersson needs to just play hockey. It's a total fanboy move to name Pettersson captain. Just silly.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Naming Pettersson captain? The kid struggles with inane questions from the media. He's young. He's still adjusting to being in the lime light. Horvat has every attribute you want in a captain. Articulate, level, skilled, plays a critical position, plays in all situations, stays pretty healthy, respected by his teammates.....Pettersson needs to just play hockey. It's a total fanboy move to name Pettersson captain. Just silly.

Last year they had to "have a talk" with Pettersson because he was giving cold answers to dumb questions (which I loved him for).

It's such a "the best player should be the captain" move a la McDavid and if it's true, it's pretty damn stupid and I'd expect Horvat will be traded before the end of his deal to kickstart an actual rebuild.

So if we're left with two options: Petterson or Not Pettersson but not Horvat/Tanev/Edler, its not really great either way IMO.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Ok I'll actually feel sick if it isn't Horvat. What an absolute f***ing shafting

He will be out of dodge as soon as, if not sooner than, his deal is done

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018

I dont think he struggles at all with inane questions, he just doesnt give them any respect, which they dont deserve, he's more than willing to answer proper questions, not being a mindless hockey drone who talks in cliches should be seen as a positive

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
[QUOTE="ATypical]
Yeah I definitely think it's Pettersson unless Aquilini is referring to something else being "special" about next Wednesday.[/QUOTE]
Aquaman is already a 'Capo'.:sarcasm:

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
They gonna drag Luongo out of retirement and proudly place the C on his chest! Then trade Demko for Schneider and frolic their way to a cup. A nice cup of tea that is.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
It has to be Horvat and they're trying to make it a "surprise", anything else would be pure insanity to do.

I guess that hasn't stopped them before though. :help:

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
It has to be Horvat and they're trying to make it a "surprise", anything else would be pure insanity to do.

I guess that hasn't stopped them before though. :help:

I'll bet a case of beer to anyone that it's Horvat. You can have the field.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
They're going to give it to Edler aren't they?

If it's not Horvat or EP......

Just give it to Bo he's been through all the downs of the last 4 years and should lead the EP era

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I'm still wondering whether management is reluctant to name the PA rep (currently Horvat) captain. Trevor Linden held both roles, but it's not common.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Canucks are trolling for Suspense.

This is what will happen

Those 4 wear As for the first two games. Then Horvat is promoted to the c in the ceremony next Wednesday.

in a couple years when sutter tanev and eddy are all gone. Then Petey , boeser and Hughes get As

Reactions: Buck Dancer

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I dont think he struggles at all with inane questions, he just doesnt give them any respect, which they dont deserve, he's more than willing to answer proper questions, not being a mindless hockey drone who talks in cliches should be seen as a positive

You think Horvat answer questions like a mindless hockey idiot? Just because he's patient with media doesn't make him Ryan Smyth.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Here's a perspective.

Maybe they offered it to Bo and Bo said "lol, eff no, go find someone else ya hosers... maybe that new kid that doesn't know any better"

You gotta ask yourself, if us fans are completely disillusioned and POed with ownership, how do you think Bo REALLY feels about the management practices of ownership?

Remember, Bo has had a front row seat to the clustereff that is the Canucks for his entire career.

Not to mention the fact that Bo just saw his winger buddy that he went to war with in 15-16 on our 2nd line because Sutter was out with sports hernia surgery get waived in lieu of Tim Schaller and Loui Eriksson.

For some of us, being captain is a big deal and I see Bo thinking the same therefore I would have been very surprised to hear Bo accept the captaincy.

(Just look at Hank's face on that tweet. Hank knows whats what)

I wonder if this is the start of Conner McDavid Part Deux.

connor-mcdavid.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad