Confirmed with Link: Bo Horvat is the new captain of your Vancouver Canucks

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It'll be Bo, but I don't really care if they went with another option. Edler as a stop-gap veteran option for two years, or Pettersson as a "lead by example" player/marketing move, would both be fine. I don't think the captaincy is a big deal regardless, though.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Captain Loui
I expected better than a joke made in poor taste Billy. The good Captain Lou passed away about a decade ago.

LouAlbano1989.png

:sarcasm::naughty:

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Happy: Bo Horvat or Elias Pettersson

Content: Alex Edler

Picket Rogers Arena: Brandon Sutter/Jay Beagle.
I feel like it they were gonna give it to a vet and not a younger player they would have done it last year, Edler or Tanev. No point waiting a year if it's going to go to a "transition" Captain anyways.

Don't really see it being anyone but Horvat, but I have been surprised before.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It's such an easy lay up for the team to name Bo captain, but after today (and numerous other examples) I have no idea how or if the team will screw it up somehow.

Reactions: PM and geebaan

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
If, by some stroke of demonic influence, Bo Horvat weren't selected... do we still call him Future Captain Bo Horvat?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I feel like it they were gonna give it to a vet and not a younger player they would have done it last year, Edler or Tanev. No point waiting a year if it's going to go to a "transition" Captain anyways.

Don't really see it being anyone but Horvat, but I have been surprised before.

It was questionable if Edler would be back, remember, so kinda makes sense why they waited so long if it's him.

I have zero doubt it'll be Horvat though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad