BM Q&A at Summer Beach Party

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It’d be huge if we could get a couple more good years out of him. I know I’ve been on record saying he’s probably done but man I hope he proves me wrong

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The Kesler thing is hilarious and the blowup about it goes to show how great he is at even getting under the skin of fans. Pretty sure I've seen multiple people online call him the dirtiest player in the league, which is insane but very funny.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So anyone heard anything bout Ritchie/kase(welinski to lesser extent)… or predictions on what theyd sign

id love to get kase on a Rakell like deal tbh... Ritchie honestly should get a show me bridge deal.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
So anyone heard anything bout Ritchie/kase(welinski to lesser extent)… or predictions on what theyd sign

id love to get kase on a Rakell like deal tbh... Ritchie honestly should get a show me bridge deal.
Stephens wrote an article a while back with some predictions based on comparable players, and what the team/player might be looking at. He said 2 year at 1.7 or 1.8 AAV for Ritchie, and 4 year at 2.5 to 2.8 AAV for Kase.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Wouldn’t 4 years take Kase to unrestricted free agency though? So not really that big of a steal

I could be wrong

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Wouldn’t 4 years take Kase to unrestricted free agency though? So not really that big of a steal

I could be wrong
Yes, it would. We would also have some other major problems in the 2022 offseason if you don't deal with earlier (basically most of our core hitting UFA all at once). So ideally you would want to buy up 1-2 years of his free agent years. But then you'd be looking at probably 3.2 to 3.4 AAV. I'd be willing to do that if the team believes in him.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Didn’t Welinski get signed at same time as Roy and one other player? Thought three of them were taken care of at once.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
1) Tryouts - BM to change over the group as we go, trying to have a productive 4th line, needed in NHL.

2) Any player not willing to play fast will be put on press box, coaches told that.

3) Perry - is he doing anything to work on speed? “I sure hope so”. He hopes and thinks Perry has realized he’s an age where he needs to work on offseason. Coaches have been mandated every player has to play the right way or be Becker. Everybody.

4) PP - needs movement. Couldn’t be much worse.

1) We trying get a productive 4th line? Did hell freeze over?

2) I believe that when I see that. Carlyle held Bieksa responsible by giving him more minutes.

3) I'd take slow but scoring and agitating Perry over a slightly faster Perry. I think/hope Perry will have a better year.

4) For sure. Our PP was static and bad a lot of the last season.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Johansson said in an interview with the athletic that Kesler made a fool of himself with his tweet. This guy just sounds like the best.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Johansson said in an interview with the athletic that Kesler made a fool of himself with his tweet. This guy just sounds like the best.

Yeah CryJo, Kes is the one that looks stupid...keep telling yourself that.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I’ll take the unpopular opinion and say Kes did make a fool of himself with that tweet. He’s an adult starting twitter fights with another nhl player. If he wants to trash talk him, do it on the ice like other nhl players do (if he’ll ever be back on the ice).

With that said, Johansen is still a baby bitch.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I’ll take the unpopular opinion and say Kes did make a fool of himself with that tweet. He’s an adult starting twitter fights with another nhl player. If he wants to trash talk him, do it on the ice like other nhl players do (if he’ll ever be back on the ice).

With that said, Johansen is still a baby *****.
However his job is to agitate and shutdown 1cs. That is literally his job. Just like how Perry bumps into goalies all game in Hope's to get them frustrated. If you're a 1c you cant let guys beneath you get into your head and if you do then they are probably winning. It is just a part of sports in general. If your QB is jawing back at DEs then you have a problem. If Lebron let's a shutdown d frustrate him then you have a problem.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

With that said, Johansen is still a baby *****.
He did it to incite a reaction

Guess what? He won

Reactions: Duck Off

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
However his job is to agitate and shutdown 1cs. That is literally his job. Just like how Perry bumps into goalies all game in Hope's to get them frustrated. If you're a 1c you cant let guys beneath you get into your head and if you do then they are probably winning. It is just a part of sports in general. If your QB is jawing back at DEs then you have a problem. If Lebron let's a shutdown d frustrate him then you have a problem.

I agree, but he’s doing this on Twitter during the summer when he may not even play next season. Can’t shutdown johansen during the off season or when he’s not playing.

He did it to incite a reaction

Guess what? He won

Doesn’t make Kes look less like a fool for it. He’s devolving into a Twitter troll then which is pretty lame. Trash talk the guy all you want but do it on the ice like everyone else.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I like purely because it gives a sense that Kesler is thinking about hockey and not rehab / sitting out the season.

And I'd rather see him do this than nothing. Will make their next meeting all that more exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad