BM Q&A at Summer Beach Party

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Took notes on the fly, apologies for any typos.

Tryouts - BM to change over the group as we go, trying to have a productive 4th line, needed in NHL.

Contract situations - need to be strong down the middle.

Kesler situation “up in the air”

Trying to deal with Silfverberg and Gibson Silfverberg puts you in position of losing him for nothing if not signed.

Wants to tie Gibson up for a bunch of years like Hellybuck.

Montour - will go to arbitration and get 2 year deal.

Kase - real good year. Ritchie “hasn’t come into his own at all”. Have leverage with both and will use it, may go into September/October like with Lindholm and Rakell.

D corps - one of young Swedes will be here. Fowler healthy and playing golf daily. Schenn has experience, only 28, gives team an edge which is still needed. Sustr comes from a team that plays fast, need to play fast. Rowney brought on for same reason.

Any player not willing to play fast will be put on press box, coaches told that.

Terry, Steele, Roy not far off. Time for a changeover, when they are ready players will be moved to make room.

Lundestrom similar to Rakell in how he sees the game, not as prolific, very fit.

More confident that Eaves will play than Kesler but Kesler says he’s doing fine.
Silfverberg May be moved to left wing, space will be made for Kase.

If all RW are healthy “it gives me a chip to use, let’s just put it that way”

If ridin doesn’t make team he doesn’t want to play on gulls and will go back to Sweden - no risk.

Jones was doing drills in riding players into boards, got thumb caught, bent it backwards, and broke his scapula (while pointing at the thumb?) out 3 months.

1 year deals signed to make sure players hungry and so as not to block young guys.

Fan asked team to address OT and shootouts. BM said 3v3 needs to be addressed right off the bat and had already been discussed.

Perry - is he doing anything to work on speed? “I sure hope so”. He hopes and thinks Perry has realized he’s an age where he needs to work on offseason. Coaches have been mandated every player has to play the right way or be Becker. Everybody.

PP - needs movement. Couldn’t be much worse.

Schedule - better than last year. Better start with way eastern trip scheduling.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
D corps - one of young Swedes will be here. Fowler healthy and playing golf daily. Schenn has experience, only 28, gives team an edge which is still needed. Sustr comes from a team that plays fast, need to play fast. Rowney brought on for same reason.

So it's important to bring in faster players, but apparently them being good or not isn't relevant.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So...

I would not be surprised if Montour bolts once he's a FA, seems like he's getting dicked around a lot from this organization. Now going to arbitration.

I think Ritchie gets traded, seems like the org is not too high on him anymore.

So since Sustr was on a fast team...and we want to get fast, we get a slow guy. I don't get the logic there.

Yeah...let's see how strict they are about putting guys in the press box. I don't buy it.

Silf on the LW...interesting.

Jones injured again, lol. Low hopes for that guy at this point.

1 year deals to not block the young guys...so explain the Rowney contract.

Is his plan to just annoying Perry enough so he will waive his NMC?

Like the attitudes towards 3v3 and PP at least.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
D corps - one of young Swedes will be here.
Terry, Steele, Roy not far off. Time for a changeover, when they are ready players will be moved to make room.
nfident don’t that Eaves will play than Kesler but Kelsey says he’s doing fine.
1 year deals signed to make sure players hungry and so as not to block young guys.

But we neeeeeever allow young guys to do anything...

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Are you sure Montour is going to arbitration? Every post about it on Twitter says he's going to sign a 2 year deal, nothing about going to arbitration.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
To be honest I'm not surprised at all Montour would want a short term deal as opposed to more security. He seems like a guy with a ton of confidence in his own abilities and knows he can cash in if he gets a couple more years under his belt.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
He said it was going to arbitration Tuesday and they had agreed on a two year contract.

I don’t understand that. So is does he mean: arbitration is Tuesday but we already have a 2 year deal or we’ll select the two year arbitration number once it’s over?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yook notes on the fly, apologies for any typos.

Tryouts BG to change over the group as we go, trying to reproductive CE the 4th line, needed IN NHL.

Trying to deal with Silfverberg and Gibson Silfverberg puts you in position of losing him for nothing if not signed.

Kase - real good year. Ritchie “hasn’t come into his own at all”. Have leverage with both and will use it, may go into September/October like with Lindholm and Rakell.

Any player not willing to play fast will be put on press box, coaches told that.

Lundestrom similar to Rakell in how he sees the game, not as prolific, very fit.

More confident don’t that Eaves will play than Kesler but Kelsey says he’s doing fine.

If ridin doesn’t make team he doesn’t want to play on gulls and will go back to Sweden - no risk.

Jones was doing drills in riding players into boards, got thumb caught, bent it backwards, and broke his scapula (while pointing at the thumb?) out 3 months.

Fan asked team to address OT and shootouts. BM said 3v3 needs to be addressed right off the bat and had already been discussed.

Perry - is he doing anything to work on speed? “I sure hope so”. He hopes and thinks Perry has realized he’s an age where he needs to work on offseason. Coaches have been mandated every player has to play the right way or be Becker. Everybody.

Schedule - better than last year. Better start with way eastern trip scheduling.

Thanks. When you get time, can you elaborate/clarify on first note?

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I don’t understand that. So is does he mean: arbitration is Tuesday but we already have a 2 year deal or we’ll select the two year arbitration number once it’s over?
When they go to arbitration it can be for a one or two year contract. It sounds like both agreed on two years.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yook notes on the fly, apologies for any typos.

Tryouts BG to change over the group as we go, trying to reproductive CE the 4th line, needed IN NHL.

More confident don’t that Eaves will play than Kesler but Kelsey says he’s doing fine.

Shit offseason somehow seems to be likely to get worse. I think he’s going to trade Ritchie to “make room”.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
So he is mandating the team plays 4 lines but kept a coach who is notorious for not playing his 4th line?

He says they wasn’t to get and play faster and heat he signs a guy like Schenn?

Man BM is a freaking crazy man or is just a straight liar. Not sure which.

I’ll believe the press box thing when I see it. He will bench a guy like Ritchie or Montour or Kase but no way A guy like Perry sees the press box.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
There were a number of pointed comments strongly implying that Perry is on very thin ice and better get his **** together or they’re going to sit/get rid of him.

Will be hard when he has the NMC and contract. Perry knows he ain’t going anywhere if HE doesn’t want to.

Unless the owners are willing to eat that waiver salary for a long time.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
So he is mandating the team plays 4 lines but kept a coach who is notorious for not playing his 4th line?

He says they wasn’t to get and play faster and heat he signs a guy like Schenn?

Man BM is a freaking crazy man or is just a straight liar. Not sure which.

I’ll believe the press box thing when I see it. He will bench a guy like Ritchie or Montour or Kase but no way A guy like Perry sees the press box.
Schenn was brought in for protection purposes. He liked what he saw in the playoffs out of Washington doing that. He especially liked how Ovechkin was the first guy to do that. Maybe sending a message to Getzlaf to play meaner again?

Reactions: KelVarnsen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->