Bluth Discussion Thread PT 7: Advance 1/18 @ 11PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So even if i do the 72 games played from the starter version of this rule, its still subject to the same W-L confusion. I think i'll have to do a combo of both like Jack is saying.

Atleast 600 minutes played + a Win-Loss Record that adds up to 10 games played.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
that save made me jump lol couldn't believe it

It appears neither of our goalies could live up to the same standards in our game. That was one of the wilder games I've been apart of in this league, lots of back and forth there.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
So even if i do the 72 games played from the starter version of this rule, its still subject to the same W-L confusion. I think i'll have to do a combo of both like Jack is saying.

Atleast 600 minutes played + a Win-Loss Record that adds up to 10 games played.

I dont mean to continue to poke holes, just want to cover the bases..

even with the minutes I think people can find Loopholes.. for instance teams that regularly kill certain teams and are up by a considerable margin by the 3rd period could play their back up for the the rest of the game to stack up their minutes..

in addition to the W-L confusion.. but admitably that would be a lot of work and dedication to do that though.. and probably wouldnt be worth it to that GM, but I'm just laying out a senario..

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I dont mean to continue to poke holes, just want to cover the bases..

even with the minutes I think people can find Loopholes.. for instance teams that regularly kill certain teams and are up by a considerable margin by the 3rd period could play their back up for the the rest of the game to stack up their minutes..

in addition to the W-L confusion.. but admitably that would be a lot of work and dedication to do that though.. and probably wouldnt be worth it to that GM, but I'm just laying out a senario..

They would still need to have the wins and losses as well, so it's not really exploitable.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Seems like an awful lot to put yourself through just to avoid starting your backup(s). Give GMs more credit. I dont think any of us are really going to try and exploit and loopholes.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
They would still need to have the wins and losses as well, so it's not really exploitable.

so you could start your back up in one game, score a quick goal, switch your starter back in the other team never ties the game, you win.. your back up gets the win..

like I said this would take a lot of effort from that GM, but there are loopholes.. :laugh:

EDIT: and it's possibly i made it worst by mentioning it, if no one else would've really thought about it.. haha but i feel most of the GM's are honest and will do the right thing.. haha

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Seems like an awful lot to put yourself through just to avoid starting your backup(s).

Yeah, a requirement that the backup gets ~ 600 minutes (have to allow for delayed penalties, EN, etc.) and 10 decisions should be enough to get most people to comply with the spirit of the rule.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
so you could start your back up in one game, score a quick goal, switch your starter back in the other team never ties the game, you win.. your back up gets the win..

like I said this would take a lot of effort from that GM, but there are loopholes.. :laugh:

EDIT: and it's possibly i made it worst by mentioning it, if no one else would've really thought about it.. haha but i feel most of the GM's are honest and will do the right thing.. haha

No GM is going to try that, and if they do it will be noticed by the other guy when they try a goaltending change after a single goal.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
but another thing on a more serious note.. if you start your backup and almost every start you give him he gets lit up (because he's bad) and the game is out of reach and since no one likes to lose 8,9,or10-0 you put your starter in at say 5-0 to try to stop the bleeding.. we would be faulted because we didnt want to be even more embarrassed? though it may even out if you replace your starter with your backup whenever he's having a bad start too.

I'll stop being a devils advocate now.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
To be honest, I've never figured out how to change my goalie in game. :laugh:

Am I an idiot? Whenever i tried after a bad goal, it didn't appear as an option on the "edit lines" screen.

but another thing on a more serious note.. if you start your backup and almost every start you give him he gets lit up (because he's bad) and the game is out of reach and since no one likes to lose 8,9,or10-0 you put your starter in at say 5-0 to try to stop the bleeding.. we would be faulted because we didnt want to be even more embarrassed? though it may even out if you replace your starter with your backup whenever he's having a bad start too.

I'll stop being a devils advocate now.

Basically, yes. I'd say, suck it up and take the pain (is 8-0 really that much worse than 5-0?), or plan to play the backup an extra game.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
To be honest, I've never figured out how to change my goalie in game. :laugh:

Am I an idiot? Whenever i tried after a bad goal, it didn't appear as an option on the "edit lines" screen.

Basically, yes. I'd say, suck it up and take the pain (is 8-0 really that much worse than 5-0?), or plan to play the backup an extra game.

It's in team management. You have to pause the game to access it.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Do you have to take a time-out?

I've tried it before, but when I cycled my lines, the goalies never appeared.

No, you just need to go to your goalies and switch them. It's really not that hard.

If they aren't appearing you are doing something wrong.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
No, you just need to go to your goalies and switch them. It's really not that hard.

If they aren't appearing you are doing something wrong.

Wouldn't be the first time. :laugh:

Anyway, I haven't tried to do it since a few weeks after the release. At that point, I couldn't find it, and when I asked on these boards, someone said you either had to call a time-out or wait for an intermission. I assumed that was true, but never found a reason to switch again. I've seen other people do it in my games, so I simply assumed they called a time-out. I guess I was misinformed.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I only thought you could do it inbetween periods :help:

@Sub, part of managing of good team in Bluth is now going to include having a good/decent backup goalie just like in real life. Thats the main reason for this rule actually. So to answer your Devil's advocate part...keep him in all game or violate the rule.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Wouldn't be the first time. :laugh:

Anyway, I haven't tried to do it since a few weeks after the release. At that point, I couldn't find it, and when I asked on these boards, someone said you either had to call a time-out or wait for an intermission. I assumed that was true, but never found a reason to switch again. I've seen other people do it in my games, so I simply assumed they called a time-out. I guess I was misinformed.

There is a way to change your goalie after a goal against. The way I do it is to not press A after the goal is scored, and right when they start showing the replay press pause. Then you can change your goalie. If you do it right before the puck is dropped as players are lined up for a faceoff, for some reason the game won't let you change your goalie. I'm pretty sure I pulled Lindback in the middle of a period against you earlier this season, so it's definitely possible if done right.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
There is a way to change your goalie after a goal against. The way I do it is to not press A after the goal is scored, and right when they start showing the replay press pause. Then you can change your goalie. If you do it right before the puck is dropped as players are lined up for a faceoff, for some reason the game won't let you change your goalie. I'm pretty sure I pulled Lindback in the middle of a period against you earlier this season, so it's definitely possible if done right.

That sounds right.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
It appears neither of our goalies could live up to the same standards in our game. That was one of the wilder games I've been apart of in this league, lots of back and forth there.

it was insane lol great comeback from 3-0 man. although it was anderson for our game and that save was varly ;)

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
it was insane lol great comeback from 3-0 man. although it was anderson for our game and that save was varly ;)

Yeah I saw we had a backup battle going there. That might've been Helenius's worst game of the year so far, he's been stellar otherwise. Anderson started off really well, but then I think Paul Stastny decided he wanted to make the Hedman trade not look so bad and he goes out and gets 4 points.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Yeah I saw we had a backup battle going there. That might've been Helenius's worst game of the year so far, he's been stellar otherwise. Anderson started off really well, but then I think Paul Stastny decided he wanted to make the Hedman trade not look so bad and he goes out and gets 4 points.

haha yeah I saw that. Stas has a chip on his shoulder, even zanon lol

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
I'm starting to notice that each "Discussion Thread" seems to have one or two major topics that are the most heavily discussed. If this thread does focus on anything, i'd like it to be this...

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERYTHING

It seems like every post is one of the following...

-GM X did this to me! Isn't this banned?
-I outshot my opponent and lost again! This game hates me!

...enough already. You guys are making these discussion threads a drag to read through. I dont even get excited coming to MY OWN threads anymore because theres just so much negativity. Its not all of you but it is most of you. This game isn't perfect. I get it, you get it, we all get it. But lets squeeze as much enjoyment out of it as possible. Isn't that better than coming to a forum and *****ing, hoping that someone will quote your post and be like "Yeah! I agree with this guy!"?

I'm not going to ban complaining or anything like that but you guys need to knock it off. As far as what is and what is not allowed, this is the last time i'm saying anything about it. Next time anyone brings it up and asks another completely unneccesary question i'm only going to respond with "Read the Rules in Post #1 of this thread". I dont want to deal with these discussion anymore. I've made it totally clear and yet you guys keep muddying everything up.

So, in summary:

-Stop Complaining so much about every little thing
-If you're confused about a rule, read Post #1. I've explained it dozens of times and no GM in my league is new enough to deserve further explanation.

thank jesus christ or should i say JESUS price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad