Bluth Company Discussion Signup Thread PT 5: SEE POST #189

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
bluth-company2.jpg

Around late July/Early August I was in 3 GM leagues. In every league i noticed the same thing. Everyone trades away nearly half their team. I was completely guilty of this as well. Oddly enough, i seemed to be the only one who thinks picks and prospects have little value in this game mode when you consider we'll only most likely be playing 4-6 seasons for NHL 13 and even Elite Prospects start out in the 60's.

I became weary that in about a month when the winners and the losers start to become more separated that people wouldn't want to stick with a losing team and they'll end up quitting. This isn't including the people who chose the Blue Jackets, Islanders, Coyotes etc...teams that you have to know a rebuild is necessary before you pick them. These people will probably stay regardless. But the guys who chose the average/good teams who trade away large chunks of their roster and either...

a) aren't very good at the game and get frustrated

b) simply get bored with the game mode and stop playing/quit

...well these guy's teams will have to be replaced. Are people really going to want to join a Connected league in December when they chose a team and the roster isn't even recognizable? When all the players they associate a team with are gone? When a team has gone from a Playoff Contender to a team in Rebuild? Everyone might as well be doing random rosters if thats the case. I've also seen A LOT of really bad/lopsided trades (again, guilty myself) that while seemingly fine to the GM's currently involved, might not be ok and might even be terrible for the next GM to pick up the team.

When i created this league almost 2 months ago, i had all of these things in mind. Now, 2 months removed from then, i've seen a lot, if not most of these HF Boards GM Leagues either terribly inactive or completely shut down. I wanted to make a league that was immune to these processes. That offered a realistic experience for everyone. That kept things fresh for all 30 GMs involved through offering challenges and consistency day in and day out.

Drop outs are inevitable. These leagues probably wont be as fun for the people who are in the bottom 10 and realize they'll be stuck there 30 games into the season. My goal with limiting trades is that so when people do drop out (which will happen) the new people who join will still have a team they are semi-familiar with instead of a fantasy roster with NHL jerseys. If people dont drop out and decide to stick it out, they'll be rewarded with higher draft picks (obviously) but they'll also be rewarded with time to see their high draft picks become useful NHL players due to the amount of games i'll be simming. This means that there is usually a constant influx/outflux of GMs to this league. Which in turn means that anyone on my reserve list is nearly guranteed a team in a very short period of time. I only want the most active GMs in my league of course so i'm constantly weeding out inactive GMs.

If you're an aspiring member to The Bluth Company, this is my league. Welcome to it. Below are the rules that separate The Bluth Company from the rest...
----------------------------------------------

RULES:
==========================================

-Game Schedule: 2 weeks=3 real days schedule, games will be played for 4 weeks, 6 real days, and then i will sim the 3rd 2 week, 3 real day period. This means that roughly 1/3rd of our season will be involuntarily simmed. This will be done so we can fit in a few more seasons and hopefully play about 7-9 seasons instead of 4-6. It has become a great blend of being both a talented player, and intelligent GM. With this extra seasons that are now allowed, growing your prospects for the future is now equally as important as utilizing your current players to their full potential.

Playing Your Opponent's CPU: In the Bluth Company we have a 3 day sim period that covers 2 weeks of NHL Games. GMs have 2 days to schedule their games. On the 3rd day, ONLY if you have made a honest effort to schedule a game with your opponent, either through HF Boards messaging or Xbox, can you then play your opponent's computer.

Messaging your opponents: Message your opponents! Its an almost statistical certainty that if you message all of your opponents you will get all or most of your games in that block and it is a Requirment for League Participation

2) When you message your opponents, all you need to do is the following...

-Go to the 1st page of either this thread or the Trade/Lineup thread
-Click the HF Username of your opponent, its a hyperlink to their PM Box
-Send them a message that looks like this...

Hey man i have you on my schedule this period. I'm available (Central Time)..
Today: 2:30-11pm
Wednesday: 9pm-11pm
Thursday: 11am-2pm, 8pm-11pm

Let me know which time works best for you

This is a league requirement. GMs not doing this will be subjected to other, active, GMs playing their team's CPU and/or be removed from the league due to inactivity. This is a League Rule because i automatically sim 1/3rd of the season already. That is the amount of games i've decided is the appropriate blend of actual skill at the game vs skill of managing your team. When you dont play your games, and force me to sim them, you're adding to the amount of simmed games per season, which disrupts the "Balance" of Play Skill vs GM skill.

====================================================
DNF vs CPU: From now on, your DNF vs CPU is never allowed to be higher than 0%. If this happens, you'll be given 1 warning. After that warning, i'll kick you from the league again, resetting your DNF vs CPU back to 0%. If it goes above 0% again, you lose the privilege to play CPU games for the rest of the season. If your DNF vs CPU goes above 0% at any point after that, you'll lose the ability to play CPU games for as long as your in The Bluth Company.
====================================================
TRADE RULES:

-No trade can involve more than 4 Roster Players (combined from both teams)
-No trade can involve more than 6 total pieces (combined from both teams)

-GMs are allowed Two Trades Per Season. The specific Injury, Offseason, Regular Season, and Deadline moves have all been removed. Yes, even the Injury Trade. These two trades can be used at any time from Day 1 of the Offseason until the Trade Deadline.

This is the rule that both directly and indirectly separates this league from the rest. Trades are supposed to be a big deal. A trade is the literal removal of assets from your team in place of other assets in order to make the team better. Its not something that real GMs take lightly. The success of their team and their jobs depend on how well their decisions pan out. One of the major reasons so many other leagues unfortunately dont work out is because people get so excited about making trades that they forget their team needs, how close their team is to a cup, how these deals will impact their present and future. This isn't the case in The Bluth Company because of the above mentioned rules. GMs will have had two seasons to shape their team, to manage their cap, and plan for a Cup run or Rebuild.

=================================================
Tanking: Any GM caught "Tanking" or trying to lose games on purpose, will be removed from the league, no questions asked.
=================================================
The Bluth Company (360) GM League Discussion/Signup PT 1
The Bluth COmpany (360) GM League Discussion/Signup PT 2
The Bluth Company (360) GM League Discussion/Signup PT 3
The Bluth COmpany (360) GM League Discussion/Signup PT 4

All Trade/Lineup Discussion will be done in the Universal Trade/Lineup Thread PT 1
Universal Trade/Lineup Thread PT 2

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
WEST:

- Blues-stevezz-Gamertag:stevezz09
- Predators-xvx santillo--->Gamertag: xvx Santillo
- Red Wings-jesusprice89--->Gamertag: antttt89
- Blackhawks-xX Hot Fuss--->Gamertag xX BO0TY Sweat
- Blue Jackets-Slightlystewpid420-->Gamertag: sensiXsensei420
================================================== ====================================
- Canucks-Millw00d--->Gamertag: millw00d80 (O's are zeros)
- Flames-jeffbokan--->Gamertag: Gary Raiinbow
- Avalanche-Avsfan89--->Gamertag: AdamRadical
- Wild-dunner--->Gamertag: GunnerDunner
medium.png
- Oilers-Nick1219--->Gamertag: Nick1219
================================================== ====================================
- Coyotes-ArGarBarGar--->Gamertag: ArGarBarGar
- Sharks-TheFadedLine--->Gamertag:Twenty8savesL8r
- Kings-SubdrewgANS--->Gamertag: SubdrewgANS
- Dallas-Harold Druken--->Gamertag: Harold Druken
medium.png
- Ducks-HabsIslesFan--->Gamertag: MacMillanKen88

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
EAST:

- Rangers-NYRmatt--->Gamertag: NYR x Matt
- Penguins-matt1396--->Gamertag: brown man power
- Flyers-Gary83--->Gamertag: Gary Garoo (???)
- Devils-Chessarmy--->Gamertag: Chessarmyx28
medium.png
- Islanders-[URL="http://hfboards.mandatory.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=148345"]cbenini87[/URL]--->Gamertag: TheRealCBenini
- Bruins-DoubleK81--->Gamertag: DoubleK1281
- Senators-HaliMooseHeads--> Gamertag: Vnecker
- Sabres-Stockey--->Gamertag: Stockey10
- Maple Leafs-gunnerdom--->Gamertag: ejaculine78
- Canadiens-CHamps--->Gamertag: oftoronto
- Panthers-jsolari11--->Gamertag: JSolari11
- Capitals-Evolu7ion--->Gamertag:iiEleva7e
- Lightning-dbridge92--->Gamertag: Bicktacular
- Jets-Couto 10--->Gamertag: plodee34
- Hurricanes- 4EDM14OIL93 --->Gamertag: XxFALLEN13xX

RESERVES:

Groin of Bates
Jack De La Hoya
Flames92
HughJazz3dg
Sinurgy

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
BLUTH COMPANY 2012-13 SEASON AWARDS

Stanley Cup: :jets
President's Trophy: :sabres
Clarence S. Compbell: :wings
Prince of Wales:TBD :jets

Art Ross: Alexander Ovechkin
Hart Memorial: Alexander Ovechkin
Norris: Erik Johnson
Lady Byng: Matt Duchene
Calder: Brandon Saad
Conne Smythe: Marcus Johansson

Vezina: Ryan freaking Miller
Jennings: Kari Lehtonen

Masterton: Erik Karlsson
Selke: Jonathan Toews
Ted Lindsay: Alexander Ovechkin
Maurice Richard: Alexander Ovechkin

bluth company 2014 gm connected wishlist

===================================================================

BLUTH COMPANY 2013-14 SEASON AWARDS

Stanley Cup: TBD
President's Trophy: :wings
Clarence S. Compbell: :wings
Prince of Wales:TBD TBD

Art Ross: Alexander Ovechkin
Hart Memorial: TBD
Norris: TBD
Lady Byng: TBD
Calder: TBD
Conne Smythe: TBD
Vezina: TBD
Jennings: Markstrom

Masterton: TBD
Selke: TBD
Ted Lindsay: TBD
Maurice Richard: Alexander Ovechkin

bluth company 2014 gm connected wishlist

Bluth Company Wishlist

1.) Live Draft
2.) Spectator mode
3.) Practice mode
4.) trade rumors like in NHL 11 or 12 (i.e. if a team sends a trade offer to another team about a player, it might say that team X is shopping a top 3 winger or something like that)

5.) have the ability to exceed the cap in the offseason and come back within it before the regular season (like...yknow, real life)
6.) not have AHLers/juniors count against your NHL cap in the offseason
7.) better visual indication of your opponents being on/offline
8.) as a commissioner (which I am elsewhere), be able to check that all human controlled teams have played their games

9) Have ability to see User W/L and Sim W/L splits
10) Have ability to resign/release/buyout players during regular season
11) Have ability to block inquiries regarding Nino Niederreiter

12) Faster Menus (how has THIS not been brought up yet?!)
13) There should be banner raising ceremonies for the CUP Winner every year

14) Ability to trade Injured Players
15) An active Game Ticker that shows updated scores of current games going on in the league
16) Ability for Commissioner to Approve trades at the "Trade Details" screen, instead of having to go back and forth with terrible menus
17) Ability to track Prospect Progression and see detailed scouting reports for prospects
18) Allow to change a players position. For example if a player is listed as a Center in the game, but you play him as a LW.. let us be able to change their default position so when the computer sims and does best lines, they stay at their position.
19) Allow GM's to be able to look at overall and attributes of players on the waiver wire from the waiver screen.
20) A player attribute projection system.. allow us to see what a player on our rosters overall will roughly be for the next season.. this would be especially useful when re-signing players to see who we would want to re-sign or let walk to FA.
21) Fix the Waiver System. As it works currently, CPU controlled teams and/or GM Controlled teams during Double Advances will send good NHLers/Prospects through the Waiver system due to injury (Nyquist, Biron, Reimer etc..). Even if the "fix" to this is simply not allowing CPU teams to use Claim or Place players on waivers.
22) Player Progression during the season. Player progression shouldn't happen only during the offseason
23) Ability to see the future schedule for your GM connected team

24) Stop reverting to "Best Lines" whenever a player is injured. Just make that injured spot "unfilled". We shouldn't have to spend 5 minutes reseting our lines because one player gets injured.

Last edited:

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Man... This advance period I think there are a ton of games. Like 6-9 per team. Gonna be some big movement in the standings...

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My bottom pairing AHL Dman is out for 34 games and Bolland is out for 8 : (

Could be a lot worse

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
Weber and Rosival injured for 30 games each. Playoff run over.

I ****ING HATE DOUBLE ADVANCES!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Is this an obnoxiously small sim period for most of you too?

I have 4 games, NJ and CBJ both have 3

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Anyone wanting to let me know where PHX is in the standings?

Can't get to my xbox till tomorrow morning.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Oilers faired quite well during the double sim. Not 100% sure on the record, but stayed in striking distance of 1st in the West and had no injuries aside from a sore Ryan Whitney foot.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
1-4 seeds in the West separated by 3 points or less before advance. Should be interesting!

After the Advance, 1-4 seeds in the West separated by 2 points or less! Should be even more interesting! Although Weber AND Roszival out for 30 + games should change things up a lot. Tough break :wings

Dallas will just not get out of the :hawks way. Even in advances this guy does well. I did beat him in a Shootout though :D

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Have not even played with Chimera yet and he's out for 3 games. Prucha out for 4 games, Gunnarsson out for 14 games. Good thing I got Regehr in before the deadline.
And I think I went like 1-5.... not good haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad