Post-Game Talk: Blues win 5-4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Out 403*

.... They needed some saves like Hammond pulled off on them the other night, at this time of year it's crucial and Hutch didn't answer the bell.

and Pavelec did? Nope. All Pavelec did was let in literally the worst goal of the season for the entire NHL with 1 minute left.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
3) Bartenders will now be able to sell a new drink... The Pavelec.

It can bring on quick but short-lasting euphoria. However, there are serious side effects.
  • It can lead to slow reaction times
  • Hangover symptoms can often include anxiety, depression and a general feeling that the world has just come to an end.

• Will cause you to miss your mouth with the glass.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
and Pavelec did? Nope. All Pavelec did was let in literally the worst goal of the season for the entire NHL with 1 minute left.

I said that too, stop making every post a Hutch vs Pav comparison.

Hutch didn't play well, at no point in my post did I say Pav did, in fact I've been on record at least 3 times saying the goal was unforgiveable. The jyst of my post was that despite how poorly they played at times, Hutch included, that goal cost them the game, you just can't get around that.

Nov 24, 2006
Am I dreaming? Or did our "firm grasp" on the first wildcard spot slowly slip by us like a soft wrister from centre ice?

We're now clinging to a one point lead on the second wildcard spot with two California teams nipping at our heels.

Remember when we were talking about Hutch winning the Calder? Good times.

F.M.L.

White Out 403*

I said that too, stop making every post a Hutch vs Pav comparison.

Hutch didn't play well, at no point in my post did I say Pav did, in fact I've been on record at least 3 times saying the goal was unforgiveable. The jyst of my post was that despite how poorly they played at times, Hutch included, that goal cost them the game, you just can't get around that.

If that was the gist of your post, fine. But it didn't come off that way at all. Hutch had a bad 2nd period but the team around him was completely disinterested in the game. He didn't let in a bad goal. He let in some goals he normally would like to save, but it was a bad game, not a terrible one for Hutch.

Pavelec on the other hand sank this team and perhaps their season. I guess I just dont have any clue how anyone can discuss Hutch post game after the final goal. Whats the point? No one on that team is looking to hutch after that loss. That I gaurentee you. They're looking at the year in and year out perennial loser who took all their hard work in the 3rd period and flushed it down the toilet. Right where his own career belongs.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Am I dreaming? Or did our "firm grasp" on the first wildcard spot slowly slip by us like a soft wrister from centre ice?

We're now clinging to a one point lead on the second wildcard spot with two California teams nipping at our heels.

Remember when we were talking about Hutch winning the Calder? Good times.

F.M.L.

The Kings are going to finish 3rd in the Pacific so it's really between us the Flames and the Sharks, Vancouver isn't a given at this point either.

I still think 5 Central teams make it, one of them being the Jets, Flames and Sharks on the outside looking in.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
If that was the gist of your post, fine. But it didn't come off that way at all. Hutch had a bad 2nd period but the team around him was completely disinterested in the game. He didn't let in a bad goal. He let in some goals he normally would like to save, but it was a bad game, not a terrible one for Hutch.

Pavelec on the other hand sank this team and perhaps their season. I guess I just dont have any clue how anyone can discuss Hutch post game after the final goal. Whats the point? No one on that team is looking to hutch after that loss. That I gaurentee you. They're looking at the year in and year out perennial loser who took all their hard work in the 3rd period and flushed it down the toilet. Right where his own career belongs.

Goal 1 and 2 were bad goals. They were goals that Pavelec would (rightly) have been chastised for, as they weren't great shots, and they went through him. Of the 4 goals, 2 were goals that he should save, 1 was a goal he could have saved if he hadn't overcommitted, and one was a complete defensive breakdown that he couldn't do anything about.

He had a terrible game, and there is no defending that.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Hutch seemed off on his positioning all night. He overplayed the 3rd goal so badly it was scored in the center of the net. He left way too much room short side on the Tarasenko goal. The PP goal was not screened and it trickled through him. One of the worst games I've seen Hutch play. Up there with his stinker in the Calder Cup final.

But Pavelec has to make that save at that time. The lost points that happen late in games are starting to add up for this team.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014

[mod] 4 goals on 7 shots? C'mon, you're losing credibility here, he played as poorly as the rest of his team did in that 2nd period, which was awful. That first goal was no beauty either.

I'm not sure how you think my post came off as pumping Pav, I didn't even mention his name, I was talking about how pleased I was with the team's 3rd period effort and the fact that for as bad as the Jets were in the 2nd, the Blues were every bit as bad in the 3rd , yet get lauded as the best thing in hockey even though they pretty much won on as bad a goal as you might see in a lifetime of watching hockey.

I don't get you :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
High emotions throughout that game and still reeling from the result today.
What an down up down rollercoaster ride whoa!

managing-emotions-rollercoaster-graph.png

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Hutch seemed off on his positioning all night. He overplayed the 3rd goal so badly it was scored in the center of the net. He left way too much room short side on the Tarasenko goal. The PP goal was not screened and it trickled through him. One of the worst games I've seen Hutch play. Up there with his stinker in the Calder Cup final.

But Pavelec has to make that save at that time. The lost points that happen late in games are starting to add up for this team.

I agree on all three, even Hnidy pointed out how poorly he overplayed the 3rd. People see what they want to see, that's not a defense of Pav in case anyone is wondering. I think I need to add that to every post where Hutch might be remotely criticized.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Is it necessary for people to criticize both goalies in every post in order to criticize one of them? No, it's not.

Hutch let in at least 2 very soft, savable goals. Pavelec looked like a hero, until he didn't in very embarrassing fashion. In my opinion, all three goalies on the ice last night were sub-par.

Personally, I'm much more interested in the jam the skaters showed. Played one of the best teams in the league even in the 1st, got schooled in the 2nd, then showed a lot of moxie in coming back in the third and taking it to the Blues, even while playing short handed for a good portion of the game.

All we need is ONE of the goalies to step up a bit, and we'll be fine. Hopefully it starts against the Panthers.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah at this point its fruitless to argue over the two guys we have in net. Neither of them is doing the job. Hutch hasn't looked good since the break - even the games he's won he hasn't really looked great. He's as much to blame as Pav for last night even though Pav blew it in epic fashion...

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Ok, they had a bad 2nd period, if their goaltender bails them out a couple of times we're basically not even having this conversation. It's not like they were getting out shot by a 2-1 ratio or something, it was a tight game until the team had a bit of a lull and paid for it on the scoreboard. They needed some saves like Hammond pulled off on them the other night, at this time of year it's crucial and Hutch didn't answer the bell.

And for all this talk about how bad they were in that 2nd, I present to you the St. Louis Blues 3rd. Lot of people in here lauding how great they are and what an example of what a good hockey team looks like. They came within a crossbar of blowing a 4-1 lead at home in the 3rd period and losing the game! If the Jets had done that this place would have self destructed, complete meltdown. It's also not as if they gutted it out and took back the game, they won the freaking lottery on the most unlikeliest of goals you're going to see in a long time.

I'm going to take away how impressive it was that the Jets clawed their way back into that game, short handed no less. Considering the players out of their lineup , it was a great display of will and character to get themselves back in that game, it displayed to me they are nowhere near folding their tents. I just hope they can refocus on that and bury that ending where it belongs, in a dumpster behind the Scottrade Centre.

Well said!

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012
The poor goalies....

Goals like that happen....not sure how but yep....

2nd Period...ugh!

Every game is more important the last one...brutal loss but what a great comeback in the 3rd!

Postma where art thou?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Something to remember today:

When I went to bed last night, we were still in a playoff spot

When I woke up this morning, we were still in a playoff spot

When I wake up tomorrow morning, we will still be in a playoff spot

If we beat Florida tomorrow night, we will still be in a playoff spot

Everyone is trying to catch us, not the other way around. We are still in a playoff spot. Just win the next game, and we are back in good shape again.

Going to have to agree 100% with this.

Last night was a really ****** way to lose out on some points, but whatever, it happens i guess.

I actually laughed really hard (possibly from hysteria due to being let down and then sucked right back into thinking we had them....) when that shot went it.

Onwards and upwards! Lets get some points in South Florida and then GTFO.

I have tickets to the Blues game next week and i'm expecting some fireworks.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What was Slater thinking when he slashed the Blues' goalie to make it a 5-on-3?

Pavelec makes me sad.

I'm not defending Pavelec but it does look like Trub goes by just as the shot is taken , that being said he has a history of playing really good but always lets one softie a game and we can't win like that !! Enstrom IS HOT GARBAGE , hit him and you can have the puck !!! Any player who has to play with Slater as their center is going to look horrible , don't blame TLUSTY for not playing well . I know you didn't but other posters on here have !!! And Pavelec should not get another start this season, can come in relief if Hutch poops the bed again that is all !!!:rant::rant:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Confirmation bias at work. Enstrom is our most dependable defenseman and a real good shot suppressor, puck mover.

We will agree to disagree on this subject because i have really tried to see what you see and i can't !!! He has to take a split second to move his hands on his goofy long stick when he gets possession of the puck all the time and it gets him in trouble , also why he ddoesn't shoot the puck enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad