Post-Game Talk: Blues win 5-4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubaloobaloop

Jul 17, 2014
Vancouver
As much as I hate to say it....Pav needs to start in Florida. We need 2 goaltenders if we're going to recover in this last month of the season. We're still in it and I'm optimistic, but we can't do it with a rookie who has lost a bit of his edge and another goaltender who probably lost what little confidence he had.

3 goals to come back is the only positive out of this game. Boy do I miss Brian Little.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'm not defending Pavelec but it does look like Trub goes by just as the shot is taken , that being said he has a history of playing really good but always lets one softie a game and we can't win like that !! Enstrom IS HOT GARBAGE , hit him and you can have the puck !!! Any player who has to play with Slater as their center is going to look horrible , don't blame TLUSTY for not playing well . I know you didn't but other posters on here have !!! And Pavelec should not get another start this season, can come in relief if Hutch poops the bed again that is all !!!:rant::rant:

That being said you'd think he'd have time to adjust on a floater from outside the blue line. Any remote attempt to excuse that goal is absurd.

If you think Enstrom is this teams problem, you don't watch much.

Tlusty isn't benefiting from playing with Slater to be sure, but Slater isnt the reason Tlusty isn't winning any puck battles and seems pretty disinterested in any kind of physical play. I think he'll turn it around and he's been a bit snakebit around the net, but he's been a somewhat of a passenger.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
We will agree to disagree on this subject because i have really tried to see what you see and i can't !!! He has to take a split second to move his hands on his goofy long stick when he gets possession of the puck all the time and it gets him in trouble , also why he ddoesn't shoot the puck enough

Watch more carefully. He's hands down the Jets best defenseman when it comes to beating the forecheck.

For the record, I think Enstrom has kinda sucked (by his standards) in the last 10 games.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don't know what Pavelec would think Trouba is supposed to do there. I mean is he supposed to dive out of the way of a soft lob from center ice? He's just sorta skating there and the "shot" hits him...

I think Pav momentarily lost the puck in the crowd as it just got high enough - but he should have been able to re-acquire it in time to catch it. He seems to have some real tracking problems at times...

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I'm not defending Pavelec but it does look like Trub goes by just as the shot is taken , that being said he has a history of playing really good but always lets one softie a game and we can't win like that !! Enstrom IS HOT GARBAGE , hit him and you can have the puck !!! Any player who has to play with Slater as their center is going to look horrible , don't blame TLUSTY for not playing well . I know you didn't but other posters on here have !!! And Pavelec should not get another start this season, can come in relief if Hutch poops the bed again that is all !!!:rant::rant:

I think you need to go back and look more closely. Nothing but daylight between Pav and the shooter when the puck leaves his stick.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
That being said you'd think he'd have time to adjust on a floater from outside the blue line. Any remote attempt to excuse that goal is absurd.

If you think Enstrom is this teams problem, you don't watch much.

Tlusty isn't benefiting from playing with Slater to be sure, but Slater isnt the reason Tlusty isn't winning any puck battles and seems pretty disinterested in any kind of physical play. I think he'll turn it around and he's been a bit snakebit around the net, but he's been a somewhat of a passenger.

That's Tlusty's MO, always been known as a soft, disinterested player, mid April is hopefully the last we see of him in a Jets uniform.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This is my 2nd week of working evenings, which has allowed me to only watch the weekend games live, thus I missed tonight's game, but caught it on replay...

I thought retrospectively that was quite a chess match between two veteran coaches. Hitchcock effectively switched his lines in the 2nd to get a spark. Maurice did it in the 3rd to regain some momentum.

Goaltending was a weakness tonight, but team defense was the reason Hutch was pulled. We gave up grade A scoring chances to a St. Louis team, which made plays. It should not be surprising, the Blues may have the best forward depth of any in our conference, and should be considered legitimate contenders for the #1 seed in the Western Conference. That said let's have a shot at them in the playoffs with Little, Buff, Chiarot, and Perrault, especially. for offense, and PP production, and I like our chances in any Elliott-Hutchinson matchup.

I want to go on the record as saying I really like Eric O'Dell's game. Taking Ott off the ice, who was the thorn in our side, earned his teammates respect, and I think fired us up a notch. If Little comes back to the lineup against the more talented, less physical, Florida teams, I hope Maurice would be confident enough in O'Dell to keep him in the lineup over Peluso, who again looked defensively lost on the 3rd, and more so on the 4-1 goal, creating a huge hole to climb out of.

This would be my lineup:

Ladd-Little-Stafford
Frolik-Scheif-Wheeler
Thorburn-Lowry-Stempniak
Tlusty-Slater-O'Dell

That's 4 lines I may have confidence in.

Hope Hutch and the team bounces back in Miami.

I'm in agreement with this except Slater would be out and O'DELL would be my 4th center , TLUSTY on 3rd THORBURN on 4th , either Halischuk or Peluso on 4th .

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah that's the only place I heard it - the Blues PBP when the goal happened.

It's pretty hard to make any specific judgments based on facial expressions or "looks" or what have you on the ice. Lots of room for miss-interpretation. Did Pav shrug after the goal or did he just take a deep breath to try and get himself under control? Did he "stare down" Trouba or was he just lost in his own head and happened to be looking Trouba's way? Who knows?

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Well, Pav's goal against seemed so horrible last night; somewhat less so this morning though, and then I went to the main boards thread about it and had some really good laughs as several posters put it into perspective, or at least had a very humorous take on it.

The Jets are still in a playoff spot, and will have a chance at redemption in FLA tomorrow. I stepped away from the ledge.

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
Well, Pav's goal against seemed so horrible last night; somewhat less so this morning though, and then I went to the main boards thread about it and had some really good laughs as several posters put it into perspective, or at least had a very humorous take on it.

The Jets are still in a playoff spot, and will have a chance at redemption in FLA tomorrow. I stepped away from the ledge.

Agree somewhat, but if the Jets miss the playoffs 'the goal' will be the TSN turning point of the season. It was a back breaker after mounting a comeback against a team like the Blues.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

And this is a very good post to end this thread full of painful memories on. :nod:

Continue in the Panther's pre-game thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1852613

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad