TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
this is the kyrou we want to see more consistently

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Good Goal Jake.

OT: I'm building a desk with a butcher block, what should I go with. Maple, Oak, Birch, Walnut, or Acacia?
Fellow woodworker?

If you use Oak, go white not red. White is more durable and it won’t have a pinkish tint.

If it’s Maple, make sure it’s hard maple for durability.

Both are good light color options.

Walnut if you want something dark.

Reactions: Drubilly

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Fellow woodworker?

If you use Oak, go white not red. White is more durable and it won’t have a pinkish tint.

If it’s Maple, make sure it’s hard maple for durability.

Both are good light color options.

Walnut if you want something dark.
Not a wood worker. But, I am trying to get out of my normal element (Computers/Video games). I started working from home and my Ikea butcher block I have my computer and other electronics on has the laminate starting to peel off (I have an overly hot and humid room compared to the rest of my apartment) And I'm wanting to go to a full real wood butcher block to avoid those issues in the future. I'm not too worried about how dark the wood is, I have all black legs that I will be using so anything would look good. I just mainly want something that will last 3-5 years or longer if possible.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Not a wood worker. But, I am trying to get out of my normal element (Computers/Video games). I started working from home and my Ikea butcher block I have my computer and other electronics on has the laminate starting to peel off (I have an overly hot and humid room compared to the rest of my apartment) And I'm wanting to go to a full real wood butcher block to avoid those issues in the future. I'm not too worried about how dark the wood is, I have all black legs that I will be using so anything would look good. I just mainly want something that will last 3-5 years or longer if possible.
If you take care of the wood, it should easily last you that long, if not longer. The issue will be protecting the wood with like a clear coat or something like that if you plan on having cups or food on top. Just like with any material (or most I should say), you have to keep up with it to have it last very long.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Kyrou picked a good time to start normalizing his shooting percentage.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Ok, I can't make a joke about Kyrou not doing anything on that one and the other players doing all of the work, that was a great play.

Reactions: Fitrix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad