i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
we need to rest players in the next few game ... bring on the taxi squad please

Last edited:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I’m kind of in a pessimistic mood, so sorry in advance....

But tbh I’m not even really excited for the playoffs. Like I’ll still watch and cheer, but it’s an inevitable 1st round exit.

I seriously hope they prove me wrong but as of now I’m just not feelin it.
Agreed.

We are missing key elements this season. The Cup run had the team gaining swagger from Feb to May of 2019. From Feb to May of 2021 the team was on a roller coaster ride dealing with injuries, substandard play, and a lack of key ingredients such as top notch D and forechecking. I don't see what we bring to the playoffs this time except a roster full of guys who have been to the finals. Experience counts, but we need some other ingredients to make magic in a bottle. I don't see the magic happening this year.

We will be lucky to make it out of the 1st round.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

But tbh I’m not even really excited for the playoffs. Like I’ll still watch and cheer, but it’s an inevitable 1st round exit.

You know I would feel this, but your Cup hoisting picture reminds me that unlike teams like the Sharts and the Knights, WE GOT A CUP. And that alone makes me feel so damn happy.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Agreed.

We are missing key elements this season. The Cup run had the team gaining swagger from Feb to May of 2019. From Feb to May of 2021 the team was on a roller coaster ride dealing with injuries, substandard play, and a lack of key ingredients such as top notch D and forechecking. I don't see what we bring to the playoffs this time except a roster full of guys who have been to the finals. Experience counts, but we need some other ingredients to make magic in a bottle. I don't see the magic happening this year.

We will be lucky to make it out of the 1st round.

You are probably right, but that has as much to do with the competition as it does the Blues. Vegas and Colorado have built two powerhouse teams and I don't think many teams in the league can beat them if they are playing up to their potential. As we know, everything has to go right for a team to win the Cup and too many things have gone wrong for us this year to realistically expect to win another Cup. That being said, how sweet would it be to end Vegas' dreams in the first round?

I'm not surprised we lost after clinching our playoff spot, but at least we didn't roll over and give up. Schenn, Thomas and ROR had great chances to score and get us back in the game but they just couldn't make it happen. Nice to see Kyrou involved, but he really needs to keep that puck on his stick. Seems like every game he misses a good chance because he fans on the shot or the puck rolls off his stick.

mike1320

Well you thought its going to be easy walk for the finals?

First you guys were excited for playoffs and now you guys want it to be over quickly.

We have zero pressure for deep run. All the pressure is for Vegas and Avs. I view we have much better upper hand in mental toughness when games are in tight at playoffs. + we can play physical game. Use those as our advance and we can easily challenge Vegas and Avs. Make every game grind fest, as physical as it can be. Force them play our game. We have chance.

Now it's not time to be negative. We are at playoffs so why not see what happens. Let's worry future later. I believe us when we play our best game. :bb:
Boy, you sure changed your tune in a hurry. Just a week or so ago you were saying that this team basically didn't deserve a spot in the payoffs because they had zero chance of winning.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Boy, you sure changed your tune in a hurry. Just a week or so ago you were saying that this team basically didn't deserve a spot in the payoffs because they had zero chance of winning.
We clinched playoffs so why not fight for instead of forfeit like I quote above in first place. Maybe you misunderstood my post?

If I bet I put money against us 100/100 like I did before season. But what I didn't do before season started at Cup run. We were Cup contender in paper, I vet money on us. This team is exactly what I predicted. Poor div. even mediocre Wild out performed us and yes we clinched playoffs. Does this performance get your blood flow?

I havent change my mind about us, I see we will lose 1st round, but if we can play our best game we have our chance. Grind, play physical, force opponent play our game and we have advance on mental game vs Vegas and Avs, they have pressure to win now. We know what it means to win in crucial time.

So nice try to try troll your daddy. Ofc I cheer when we are playoffs, but I dont have anything big hopes. I know what we are.

Ofc I'm sad Army didnt sell at TDL. Hesitate no moves just for how we played 3 games. That is poor GM work. He should have done what he did few years back when we were around playoff spot, but Army trade Stastny at TDL.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Of the teams that have qualified for the tournament, we may be the worst of them all.
ya i dont really expect them to do much in the playoffs overall. i think they got a decent shot at winning our little division bracket but no way are they going through the other divisions top teams. nobody in our division will for that matter IMO.

mike1320

We clinched playoffs so why not fight for instead of forfeit like I quote above in first place. Maybe you misunderstood my post?

If I bet I put money against us 100/100 like I did before season. But what I didn't do before season started at Cup run. We were Cup contender in paper, I vet money on us. This team is exactly what I predicted. Poor div. even mediocre Wild out performed us and yes we clinched playoffs. Does this performance get your blood flow?

I havent change my mind about us, I see we will lose 1st round, but if we can play our best game we have our chance. Grind, play physical, force opponent play our game and we have advance on mental game vs Vegas and Avs, they have pressure to win now. We know what it means to win in crucial time.

So nice try to try troll your daddy. Ofc I cheer when we are playoffs, but I dont have anything big hopes. I know what we are.

Ofc I'm sad Army didnt sell at TDL. Hesitate no moves just for how we played 3 games. That is poor GM work. He should have done what he did few years back when we were around playoff spot, but Army trade Stastny at TDL.
tenor.gif

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
Freaking brutal game, that score did not reflect how one sided that game was.

Not very hopeful for the PO performance, but, it's the NHL playoffs, you never know what is going to happen. Wouldn't it be nice if this team founds it's identity and came together on another epic playoff run. I won't care if it's first round exit, if, they fight for every game and it's close (7th game elimination).

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Crazy weekend, sorry for bailing on the GDT yesterday. Working out some kinks before the postseason

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
he's been called that on here by a few.. I didn't say you said it. I've said he's a very good dman, but he's not to the level some on here hold him to be.

No. He hasn't been called generational on HF Blues. You do realize their is a search function where you can search the whole site by keyword. Literally, no body has called him generational on this HF Blues. Some have vehemently claimed he is not generational. Nobody argued with them. You are creating the most ridiculous straw-man in history, and that is the very LEAST of the logical fallacies and just plain horrible arguments from you in this thread.

You keep asking "what did I say wrong?". If your posts on this topic are any indication of your usual level of discourse, it would take a lifetime to point out everything you got wrong, because it is everything....oh wow, it took less time than I thought.

He captained the team to dead last, Binnington and ROR turned this team around, Pietrangelo was a passenger.

Do you people actually believe this crap or are you just trying to get a rise out of people? How can the guy who led the team in playoff minutes and finished 3rd in points as a D be a passenger? Seriously, how can you make the argument in good faith with a straight face? I would sooner believe you don't know what the word "passenger" means than that you actually believe Pietrangelo was one in 2019.

It’s not exactly new man. For as big of a problem as Knight has been, becoming an easy target for the “Petro is at fault, not Armstrong” crowd, the other side of the coin has been the sizable number of posters who have been doing this “mad at there ex for finding someone better after we broke up” routine. This entire board has basically been insufferable this year.

There is no amount of times I could like this to show how strongly I agree. Very, very well said.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Do you people actually believe this crap or are you just trying to get a rise out of people? How can the guy who led the team in playoff minutes and finished 3rd in points as a D be a passenger? Seriously, how can you make the argument in good faith with a straight face? I would sooner believe you don't know what the word "passenger" means than that you actually believe Pietrangelo was one in 2019.

Some people actually pay attention to the game and the players instead of the box score. He was a passenger and we might as well have ripped the C off his chest and stapled it to ROR. What Pietrangelo achieved as captain was missing the playoffs his first year and leading the team to last in the league in the second year. If it has not been for the perfect storm of Berube, ROR and Binnington we would have drafted 1st over all.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Some people actually pay attention to the game and the players instead of the box score. He was a passenger and we might as well have ripped the C off his chest and stapled it to ROR. What Pietrangelo achieved as captain was missing the playoffs his first year and leading the team to last in the league in the second year. If it has not been for the perfect storm of Berube, ROR and Binnington we would have drafted 1st over all.

So the same Berube who put the the so called "passenger" out there 25 minutes a night saved us from said passenger? That is really your argument? Yea, maybe let that one cook a little bit more.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
So the same Berube who put the the so called "passenger" out there 25 minutes a night saved us from said passenger? That is really your argument? Yea, maybe let that one cook a little bit more.

I'm not surprised that you wouldn't understand. Passenger has nothing to do with stats but once again that's all you care about. It's not surprising that the team failed with him as the captain until others clearly took the lead from him.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'm not surprised that you wouldn't understand. Passenger has nothing to do with stats but once again that's all you care about. It's not surprising that the team failed with him as the captain until others clearly took the lead from him.

No, I do understand. As I said before, you either a) have no idea what the word "passenger" means, or b) you are intentionally saying dumb things to get a rise out of people. Still not sure which, but I don't really care. You aren't worth the time I have already wasted. But in for a penny, in for a pound....

Its not about stats, however, stats are representations of what occurred on the ice. If Pietrangelo needed to be carried, Berube wouldn't have played him 25 minutes a night. If we didn't have anyone better to play instead, we wouldn't have won the cup. The only thing you have to back up your assertion is the unsupported opinion of a gilted fan who started calling the guy names as soon as he left. Not exactly a valid source. You are just proving you either didn't watch, you don't understand what you saw, or your opinion is warped by your hurt feelings. Your assertion just does not jibe with verifiable facts. All you have in support is the BS fiction you throw out in your little temper tantrums. "<stomps feet and crosses arms> I don't care that he left, he was a poo poo head anyway <sniffle, whimper, cry>".

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
No, I do understand. As I said before, you either a) have no idea what the word "passenger" means, or b) you are intentionally saying dumb things to get a rise out of people. Still not sure which, but I don't really care. You aren't worth the time I have already wasted. But in for a penny, in for a pound....

Its not about stats, however, stats are representations of what occurred on the ice. If Pietrangelo needed to be carried, Berube wouldn't have played him 25 minutes a night. If we didn't have anyone better to play instead, we wouldn't have won the cup. The only thing you have to back up your assertion is the unsupported opinion of a gilted fan who started calling the guy names as soon as he left. Not exactly a valid source. You are just proving you either didn't watch, you don't understand what you saw, or your opinion is warped by your hurt feelings. Your assertion just does not jibe with verifiable facts. All you have in support is the BS fiction you throw out in your little temper tantrums. "<stomps feet and crosses arms> I don't care that he left, he was a poo poo head anyway <sniffle, whimper, cry>".

Pardon me but I called him names long before he left. You can play perfectly fine and still be a passenger. He was not there emotionally for this team and he never has been. He's never stood up for anyone and no one ever stood up for him. That's why players like Benn were able to take advantage of him and no one cared. He was hit from behind into the boards in the payoffs against the Kings when we had Reaves and Backes and neither one of them did shit about it. That does not give the impression of someone that the players give a shit about. Hell, did he even celebrate with the team after the cup or was he already checked out and ready to get the hell out of town?

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010

I’m actually very excited.

The team isn’t playing like total garbage going into the POs like they did last year in the bubble.

Team’s mostly healthy.

How did he fail as a captain if he’s the only one to win the SCF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad