Half-Assed GDT: Blues Vs Stars - Preseason game #5

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Kyrou turns on the jets and catches someone from behind in the neutral zone, forcing the play back (and ultimately into a turnover).

I love watching stuff like that.

I've said it a few times but I can't see Kyrou not being on the roster opening night.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Bouwmeester looks a lot more engaged, it would be nice to see a rejuvenated version of him.

Reactions: Arioch

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
While I can only listen to it on the radio, sure sounds like our offense is still pretty inept. One and done rushes, I fear our coaching team is just not implementing an offensively conducive scheme once again.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I’m still a little bit confused why Kyrou was not on a PP unit. He is probably the most dangerous powerplay player on this team. His ability to open up lanes for others with passing and or skating is just ridiculous. I’m assuming it doesn’t fit into our powerplay game plan of pass it back and forth 15 times and when there is a second left on the pp force a jam play

Reactions: Spektre

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I’m still a little bit confused why Kyrou was not on a PP unit. He is probably the most dangerous powerplay player on this team. His ability to open up lanes for others with passing and or skating is just ridiculous. I’m assuming it doesn’t fit into our powerplay game plan of pass it back and forth 15 times and when there is a second left on the pp force a jam play
Yeah the PP is a shit show conceptually. Even when they execute it well, it’s still not effective.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
While I can only listen to it on the radio, sure sounds like our offense is still pretty inept. One and done rushes, I fear our coaching team is just not implementing an offensively conducive scheme once again.

It’s preseason. Guys are still trying to find chemistry and mesh. Plus plays are still really sloppy this early on for all the teams. It will get better with time.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

Nah, the Blues are thoroughly controlling play, moving the puck up ice well, and have lots of good passes in small areas; they just aren't getting to the inside quite enough to screen the goalie and get rebounds. The Stars are collapsing a lot, so it's the type of game it's going to be unless the Blues can make a counterattack count. A couple breakaways and a partial break so far. It would help if Parayko and Walman weren't coughing up the puck unpressured in their own zone so much.

MU_Beerman

May 20, 2004
Way to mute the whole kyrou interview minus the last 5 seconds on the tv broadcast guys. Cool

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
It’s preseason. Guys are still trying to find chemistry and mesh. Plus plays are still really sloppy this early on for all the teams. It will get better with time.

I get that it is preseason, but they have practiced enough to know what Yeo and crew wants them to do. Sounds like there have been limited cycling so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad