GDT: Blues vs. Oilers 8 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Damn shame they couldn’t have beaten the Mighty Sharks.
Yep, 4 points lost to the Sharks are the difference between the Blues and a playoff spot.

missed the game, how'd tucker and dean look?
Dean didn’t play, Tucker got in a fight, hit some guys, and wasn’t totally undressed by McDavid like I assumed he would, so I guess well enough.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
missed the game, how'd tucker and dean look?
Tucker was fine. For as much as people complain about him, it’s pretty low event hockey when he was out there. Nothing bad happened.

Dean doesn’t really do much. This isn’t an indictment on him but he’s pretty clearly not ready yet. He should just be playing in the AHL still.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Not that Draisitl isn’t a good player but let’s just say he’s scored 1/4th of his career goals in the manner that he scored his 2nd goal…what an unbelievable play by McDavid.

JR1

Dec 22, 2016
Yep, 4 points lost to the Sharks are the difference between the Blues and a playoff spot.

Dean didn’t play, Tucker got in a fight, hit some guys, and wasn’t totally undressed by McDavid like I assumed he would, so I guess well enough.
Dean played 6 minutes.

ExtraExtra888

Jul 10, 2023
That was hilarious! They looked dead out there in overtime. Then I saw the missed pass by Edmonton and Saad jumps on the ice to grab it. I immediately started laughing because I knew he would score. That's such a Blues way to win. Watching this team is such a mindf*** LGB

Mar 6, 2012
Making up for how often it felt like we got screwed in the past...

Is there a site somewhere that tracks how these calls go? I'd be curious to see if some teams get the benefit more than others and I would also be curious to see how much of a home ice advantage there is to these calls.

It would probably take decades to get enough data to be interesting and even then it's all circumstantial and probably more in the conspiracy theory zone of thinking, but whatever, it would be fun to see the info...

EDIT: I found this, but I'm not sure if this site is being maintained this year...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
Trying to determine what teams get screwed or white glove treatment by looking at challenges and successes may say more about the coach(es) involved than the officials or replay verdicts.

There would probably need to be some weighting to parse out challenged made out of desperation or out of stupidity.

Last edited:

Carolina Blues

May 27, 2019
I doubt there is any empirical data to confirm my admittedly Homer bias... but for years it always smelled of favoritism towards original six teams when we played them... especially the Hawks and Wings. Not speaking of coaches challenges but more of penalties called by the refs.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I doubt there is any empirical data to confirm my admittedly Homer bias... but for years it always smelled of favoritism towards original six teams when we played them... especially the Hawks and Wings. Not speaking of coaches challenges but more of penalties called by the refs.

That's homerism. In this forum, I have seen claims of favoritism for the original 6 teams and the expansion teams. For Pittsburgh and Colorado and San Jose. Half the league and any team playing the Blues has an unfair advantage.

The simplest solution is usually correct. Some vast conspiracy amongst all refs to benefit <insert team> or refs make bad/close calls and as Blues fans it seems stacked against us.

Reactions: Blueston

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
We've had a ton of calls go our way the last week or so. That high stick taking away Kuzmenko's goal was phantom as hell. We've challenged twice recently (Once for an obvious off-sides against Vancouver and again last night for a less-then-obvious GI call) and won both of those, then got another high sticking call to wipe away another goal last night that looked like it could go either way. That's four goals off the board in our last three games, three of which were pretty subjective.

We have no reason to complain at this juncture.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
the original 6 100% received a lot of favoritism back in the day, up through the 90’s
with all of the expansion teams combined with the old timers no longer being there the power structure has changed, that has gone away

Reactions: Xerloris

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
I think that the reason the GI wiped out the goal last night was that it was a 5-hole shot after Binner's pad got brushed and opened the 5-hole. Had it been an over-the-shoulder top shelf shot, the goal may have stood.

It was about the minimum amount of contact that could happen with just the right circumstances to result in GI.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
I think that the reason the GI wiped out the goal last night was that it was a 5-hole shot after Binner's pad got brushed and opened the 5-hole. Had it been an over-the-shoulder top shelf shot, the goal may have stood.

It was about the minimum amount of contact that could happen with just the right circumstances to result in GI.
His pad and stick were contacted when he was in the crease which prevented him from keeping his stick covering his 5 hole

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Glad to see Saad score the winner in OT, and Schenn have a good game. It seems that every game lately that I get to watch live, The Blues lose. And every one I miss, they win. Maybe I should miss all the rest so they can make The Playoffs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad