GDT: Blues vs. Oilers| 7pm, BSMW| The Pitlick Era Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
What's up with Kyrou so far this season? Geeze... Doesn't even look dangerous at all on the ice like he did last season. Bizzare to see
he had a career year last season and got giddy over being the fastest skater at a all star game. hes been a joke since then and hes not a legitimate superstar player yet army is paying him like one.

For those saying the team looked shit or like they didn't care, I think we were watching completely different games. They seem like they haven't figured it out yet but they put tons of pressure on and like 40 SOG which is unheard of for this team. Tons of great chances and not very many "nothing" shots that had no chance to go in.
40 shots on goal and gave the oilers how many odd man rushes again? like 10?

this teams a joke this year and if it wernt for a cupcake schedule against 2 bottom feeder teams and very good goaltending, they would likely be 0-4.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
he had a career year last season and got giddy over being the fastest skater at a all star game. hes been a joke since then and hes not a legitimate superstar player yet army is paying him like one.
I found him extremely frustrating to watch tonight ... I rarely can watch Blues games but he was awful to watch and I was shocked

scottyajak

Apr 14, 2019

40 shots on goal and gave the oilers how many odd man rushes again? like 10?

this teams a joke this year and if it wernt for a cupcake schedule against 2 bottom feeder teams and very good goaltending, they would likely be 0-4.
dude you are so f***ing tedious

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
dude you are so f***ing tedious
no im just not a homer. this teams hot garbage this season. look how they have played for the past 11 periods of hockey and ask yourself if this teams worthy of being praised right now.

2 goals (both PP) in past 3 games (not counting eng). 0 5on5 goals in 11+ periods. but apparently we need to hold kyrou's hands and give him hugs and kisses to make him feel better after he just got massively overpaid.

nothing more irritating than watching people like Brad Boyes and Chris Stewart and now we got the new and improved version of those 2 in Kyrou and we are stuck with this loser for 9 more years. Atleast Stewart would win board battles, I don't think I have ever seen Kyrou win a single one ever.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
looked a lot like oilers hockey, blues couldn't quite set the pace during the game so it was just chaos at both ends at times

great game from binny, he's playing very well

no im just not a homer. this teams hot garbage this season. look how they have played for the past 11 periods of hockey and ask yourself if this teams worthy of being praised right now.

2 goals (both PP) in past 3 games (not counting eng). 0 5on5 goals in 11+ periods. but apparently we need to hold kyrou's hands and give him hugs and kisses to make him feel better after he just got massively overpaid.

nothing more irritating than watching people like Brad Boyes and Chris Stewart and now we got the new and improved version of those 2 in Kyrou and we are stuck with this loser for 9 more years. Atleast Stewart would win board battles, I don't think I have ever seen Kyrou win a single one ever.
this is about chuckie, be honest

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

I don't think I've ever met someone who hates, or just loves to shit on, the teams they supposedly cheer for more than you.

Reactions: Puck Luck

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
looked a lot like oilers hockey, blues couldn't quite set the pace during the game so it was just chaos at both ends at times

great game from binny, he's playing very well

this is about chuckie, be honest
Im glad chuckie is not on the team right now, he would be spitting out shutouts and 1GA games and getting losses just like Binner has done because these clowns don't score goals for their goalies unless its coming from PP or Defense.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I don't think I've ever met someone who hates, or just loves to shit on, the teams they supposedly cheer for more than you.
i live in reality. if they play good i give them praise. if they play like losers, i will shit on them. i dont have favorite players. they are millionaires and they can handle the criticism. this teams a joke thus far 5on5 and all i see is people making excuses instead of saying "you know what TheDizee is right". That "non call" tonight had zero impact on the play and would have been a kitten soft call to make yet people want to blame that more instead of the top 9 forwards playing like peewee players and going another game without a 5on5 goal.

i dont want my team to be a pure PP ref fest team like the Refalanche are and they have become just that for the past 2 years.

we even got other team fans coming on here and asking what happened to Kyrou but I guess its off limit for me to call out reality on him,

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Lack of 5v5 scoring and our D's inability to stay with their guy behind the net continue to be an issue. I think these are going to be the two issues for stretches all year. Losing Perron is really hurting. Guys are going to get hurt. 5v5 scoring cannot completely dry up cause 1 or 2 guys are hurt.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Whenever the leadership group actually shows up again let me know. Outside RoRs goal today Him, Vladi, Schenn, and Parayko hasn't done anything for the past 2 games. Maybe we should be holding them accountable. But no, it's easier to nitpick on one single player.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Whenever the leadership group actually shows up again let me know. Outside RoRs goal today Him, Vladi, Schenn, and Parayko hasn't done anything for the past 2 games. Maybe we should be holding them accountable. But no, it's easier to nitpick on one single player.
only players who were good tonight was Binner and Walker. Rest of the team looked like ass or made massive mistakes to ruin average games for them.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I almost feel lucky that I am likely to miss next 2 games. They aren't fun to watch right now. This won't last forever, but is ugly at this point.

Reactions: TheDizee

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Kyrou is where the play goes to die. He always tries fancy moves and just loses the puck all on his own. Shits getting kind of embarrassing and the fact he pulls something cool off once every 10 games doesn't make up for it. He needs to f***ing dedicate himself and put weight and muscle on in the summer, clearly that's something he prefers not to do.

Reactions: TheDizee

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
Both games against the Oilers, half of their posts in their GDT's are them incessantly gripping about the refs... Obnoxious! And when they aren't gripping about the refs, they are gripping about how boring the Blues are and that the Blues are too physical, supposedly getting away with being "linebackers" all game. Also, the Oilers have the best group of forwards in all of hockey! Did you all know that because I didn't know that?

LoL... Anyway

The Oilers are Charmin soft. I think they are a playoff team or at least they better be employing both McDavid and Drai but I don't think they have what it takes to go to the promised land as they are still too top heavy and their D is awful despite the Blues best attempts at making them look competent these two games. Their young goalie Skinner was mighty impressive, he seems to be a smooth operator between the pipes. Nurse is an improved player too. As far as good news goes, we have played downright terrible hockey without Saad and Buch and still hung with the supposed lock to play in the WCF Oilers just fine.

Blues miss Saad and specifically Buch badly. Their absence has seemingly crippled our systems on offense. We look messy up front these past three games. It's definitely not a good look so far without those two. We need a Brown or Torpedo, preferably both to step it up and play above their pay grade until Saad/Buch come back. Thankfully, Binnington has continued his stellar play though he seems to cough up too many seemingly unnecessary rebound chances and our defense looks more consistent than we were last year, thank you Leddy! Oh and...Kyrou... Where are you? Please come back, you can jerk it to your new contract in the off-season because there are more important things to do until then!

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
What's up with Kyrou so far this season? Geeze... Doesn't even look dangerous at all on the ice like he did last season. Bizzare to see
He had a few weeks after the ASG when he sucked ass. Maybe he's getting his ass sucking out of the way early in the season.

My gut and my heart tells me to split up ROR and Kyrou and plant JK with RT.

But a part of me wants to be patient because if they can form a bond, then that line may become extremely difficult to stop.

Frankly, I don't think ROR and Kyrou even like each other very much.

We've heard about the amazing team chemistry and all that, but what about Ryan O'Reilly and Jordan Kyrou.

What is their relationship like?

Because their relationship is largely going to determine the outcome and success of that line.

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
It's October, calm the f down.
I don't think the sky is falling, I think we just need to get healthy and until then, the offense that we are so accustomed to being deep with loads of chemistry and goals for days needs to find a way to click. Without Saad and Buch, it's almost like we are having to restart the beginning of preseason again to find chemistry on the lines that are missing key cogs.

We will get healthy and or adjust better to hockey without Saad/Buch but it may take a bit more time yet.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
It's October, calm the f down.
I think that's kinda drastic. Are people here really melting down so much that they need to calm the f down?

Don't think so.

I want some immediate line adjustments, but can see the prudence in waiting for ROR and Kyrou to finally get along.

ROR is the more mature person, so he needs to take the lead with Kyrou and find a way to connect.

Others here may have stronger opinions than I, but no one here needs to calm down.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I could be wrong but I feel like Kyrou has always been kind of a streaky player and once he gets a goal he should start to heat up and make better plays out there.

Sidenote I thought Edmonton’s goalie Skinner looked really poised for a young goalie, was impressed with his play tonight.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
The one thing I've noticed during these last 2-3 games where we've struggled offensively is our D core's inability to move the puck up the ice with precision. So many times the last couple of games the D will either A) Get hemmed in for long periods of time or B) Win possession of the puck fairly quickly and then make a terrible outlet pass, be it behind a guy, way too far in front, or just simply to no one.

I expect that type of thing from Mikkola, but not Parayko and Krug. Parayko especially should be using his legs and frame to transport the puck up the ice way more - he's far too willing to skate towards the boards and then flip the puck up off the glass. Krug has been a bit of a mess these last couple of games, he's never going to be the best defensive guy, but transition should be his strong suit and he's simply making poor passes left and right.

Faulk and Leddy look like the only two competent D-men we have at transitioning the puck up the ice with any authority, and it's killing our offensive game (Which has become super reliant on transition these last 2-3 years).

It's ugly hockey and hopefully we can identify the issues and fix them, otherwise this season might start to fall off the rails quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad