Neighbours-Brown-Pitlick
Toropchenko-Acciari-Walker

Leddy-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Mikkola-Bortuzzo

Binnington

vs.

:edmonton
(Went 11-7 due to injury in their last game)

Kane - McDavid - Yamamoto
RNH - Draisaitl - Hyman
Foegele - McLeod - Puljujarvi
Shore - Ryan

Nurse - Ceci
Kulak - Barrie
Murray - Bouchard
Niemelainen

Campbell

6yd1p8.jpg

3rd line looks rough due to injury. Hopefully the forwards get something going. Go Blues!

Last edited:
Reactions: mk80 and stl76

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Warning! Unhinged rant incoming, duck and cover.

4 f***ing games into the season and we're already down our No1 and No2 LW's? You took Scandella and Perunovich before the season even started! That wasn't enough???? Now you take Buchnevich and Saad too??? Go f*** yourself hockey gods, I hope you get a special kind of STD cross of herpes and leprosy and your dicks fall off you f***ing bitch pigeons.

Alright who has the extra strength Tylenol?

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Thanks

Warning! Unhinged rant incoming, duck and cover.

4 f***ing games into the season and we're already down our No1 and No2 LW's? You took Scandella and Perunovich before the season even started! That wasn't enough???? Now you take Buchnevich and Saad too??? Go f*** yourself hockey gods, I hope you get a special kind of STD cross of herpes and leprosy and your dicks fall off you f***ing bitch pigeons.

Alright who has the extra strength Tylenol?
Booze and pills will wash it all away.

Reactions: joe galiba

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I don't like putting Kyrou on his off side. I don't think we've played him as a LW at any point in the NHL and if we have it definitely hasn't been for any substantial amount of time. Barbie, Schenn, Neighbours, Brown, and Walker are all left shots with experience playing on the left side. I'd prefer any of them over there when trying to contain whichever of the McDavid/Kane line or the Drai/RNH/Hyman line they get matched up against.

If you're desperate to get Kyrou off ROR's wing, then I'd much prefer him on the 3rd line trying to feast on Edmonton's also crappy 3rd line. Personally, I'd keep them together. Saad-ROR-Kyrou were excellent against McDavid's line a few days ago and Kyrou is the only player on our team that can match McDavid's speed.

We're probably tilting at windmills with line predictions though. We're down both of our top 6 LWs and those guys are also 2 of our 3 best defensive forwards. Berube isn't going to roll 3 consistent lines in the top 9. He is going to be double shifting guys to mix and match lines/situations all night.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I don't like putting Kyrou on his off side. I don't think we've played him as a LW at any point in the NHL and if we have it definitely hasn't been for any substantial amount of time. Barbie, Schenn, Neighbours, Brown, and Walker are all left shots with experience playing on the left side. I'd prefer any of them over there when trying to contain whichever of the McDavid/Kane line or the Drai/RNH/Hyman line they get matched up against.

If you're desperate to get Kyrou off ROR's wing, then I'd much prefer him on the 3rd line trying to feast on Edmonton's also crappy 3rd line. Personally, I'd keep them together. Saad-ROR-Kyrou were excellent against McDavid's line a few days ago and Kyrou is the only player on our team that can match McDavid's speed.

We're probably tilting at windmills with line predictions though. We're down both of our top 6 LWs and those guys are also 2 of our 3 best defensive forwards. Berube isn't going to roll 3 consistent lines in the top 9. He is going to be double shifting guys to mix and match lines/situations all night.
He was on his off-wing quite a bit last season. Including his crazed Winter Classic 4 point game. And this wasn't me trying to get him off the RoR line. It was me trying to put all players in a position to succeed for a game or two when we have both our 1LW and 2LW injured.

Reactions: Brian39

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
Semi expecting that main board thread to come back to bite us and McDavid goes off for 4 points. My fantasy team would love it but irl I’d hate it lol

If Edmonton fans want to puff out their chests let them, it would be a hollow victory given the guys we have out and the very real problems with line cohesion its caused. Besides it wasn't a Blues fan that created that thread, it was a Leafs fan as far as I can tell.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Amazing how quickly things can change. It's going to be tough to shut down McDrai twice in one week.

Hoping for a surprise W, but not expecting it.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
To build off this. I think running this would be better.

Schenn-O'Reilly-Barbie
Kyrou-Thomas-Tarasenko
Neighbors-Brown-Walker
Pitlick-Acciari-Toropchenko

I concur.

This one could be ugly, but we'll see what the boys are made of. It's hard enough to shut down Connor and the Oilers once, doing it twice in a week is a difficult task indeed.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
A lot of posters seem to be anticipating a loss. How come when we play Edmonton, everyone here is scared about how good McD and Drai are? Yet when they play anyone else, we all talk about what a joke they are, and how they have squandered away those guy's talent. Which is it?

They've lost 3 of 6. They aren't unbeatable If we are going to be a Cup contender, we should beat them. We should beat them when we are full strength and we should beat them when we have a couple guys banged up. That's why we have a death by a thousand cuts strategy. We should have depth. We should feast when McDavid and Drai aren't on the ice.

If we are afraid of them, then we shouldn't be making fun of how they can't build a squad around McDavid.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I understand the narrative that it’s hard to shut down McDavid and Drai twice but I also believe, if we did it before we can do it again! We beat them all of 2 games ago. Take Saad out of the lineup and insert Pitlick…does that really change the calculus THAT much?

What way more important is which team shows up. Will they have the level of effort and precision they had against Edmonton or the absolute slop and fatigue they showed against Winnipeg?

I’m looking for them to rebound and have a good game. But I think Edmonton will also play well. Should be a good game.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
A lot of posters seem to be anticipating a loss. How come when we play Edmonton, everyone here is scared about how good McD and Drai are? Yet when they play anyone else, we all talk about what a joke they are, and how they have squandered away those guy's talent. Which is it?

They've lost 3 of 6. They aren't unbeatable If we are going to be a Cup contender, we should beat them. We should beat them when we are full strength and we should beat them when we have a couple guys banged up. That's why we have a death by a thousand cuts strategy. We should have depth. We should feast when McDavid and Drai aren't on the ice.

If we are afraid of them, then we shouldn't be making fun of how they can't build a squad around McDavid.

I don't think it's about being afraid of them. I think it has more to do with the fact that you're asking a team to shut down the two highest scoring players in the NHL twice in one week, this time when you're missing one of your best two-way forwards and coming off a game where they just got shutout by an inferior team.

Realistically, the odds aren't in our favor, but I don't think anyone will be shocked to see the Blues pull out the W. It's not going to be easy though and it's going to take another performance like Saturday's game to do it. It'll be a good barometer of our depth for sure.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I don't think it's about being afraid of them. I think it has more to do with the fact that you're asking a team to shut down the two highest scoring players in the NHL twice in one week, this time when you're missing one of your best two-way forwards and coming off a game where they just got shutout by an inferior team.

Realistically, the odds aren't in our favor, but I don't think anyone will be shocked to see the Blues pull out the W. It's not going to be easy though and it's going to take another performance like Saturday's game to do it. It'll be a good barometer of our depth for sure.
You don't have to shut them out. You just have to shut everyone else out and score more with your whole team than they do.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
If Edmonton fans want to puff out their chests let them, it would be a hollow victory given the guys we have out and the very real problems with line cohesion its caused. Besides it wasn't a Blues fan that created that thread, it was a Leafs fan as far as I can tell.
We don’t puff out our chests, we r 3 & 3 and Blues handled us pretty good last week. Toronto on the other hand is a very arrogant fan base. U would swear they won a few cups since 67

Reactions: Reality Czech

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

I'm much, much, much more concerned about us not having Saad and Buch than I am about anything Edmonton will do. Our forward group without those two is among the league's worst defensively. That's not a critique of the roster. That is true of most teams that lose two of their three best defensive forwards. I'm not scared of Edmonton's top two lines, but I can't for the life of me put together two lines of healthy guys that I like better.

We need our D and goalie to outplay theirs by a decent margin, which is a reasonable ask.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
We don’t puff out our chests, we r 3 & 3 and Blues handled us pretty good last week. Toronto on the other hand is a very arrogant fan base. U would swear they won a few cups since 67

The Oilers should have an easier time tonight. Saad is our best defensive winger and we had him for the previous game, now he's out along with Buchnevich which means the Blues are without 2 of their 3 best defensive forwards. Our last game against Winnipeg we unraveled without Saad due to how it threw off all our lines with the shuffling.

I guarantee there will be Oilers fans in that main board thread cackling if they get the win tonight. It will mean nothing of course due to who the Blues are missing and like I said, it wasn't a Blues fan who started that thread but it will happen. It's just how it goes, there's always a few dicks in every group that don't care about context and wait for chances to dump on teams they don't like or think they're team is better than. Me? I'll just take no injuries and be happy as we wait to get Saad and Buch back.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
4 games in and we are already banged up.

Predicting a loss tonight.

The team looked flat on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad