GDT: Blues vs Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I didn't watch the game.

How Lehterä did look? Should they dropp Lehterä 3rd line and lift up Stastny?

Since he's only been around this season, I can't say vintage Lehterä but he looked like he did at the beginning of the season. Back checking hard, making very smart plays, doing the Lehterasenkshow stuff, and wiffing on golden chances(lol), taking at least one penalty he didn't have to

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
The Oilers website is the only one (of the dozen or so I looked at) that has fans included in the background/margins of their webpages.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
He was good. Two assists, pretty good game. He took a penalty, but no big deal. Keep the STL-line together.

Took 2 penalties, the second of which was pretty unnecessary and lead to a PPG. He did have a very good game, besides that, looks to be heating back up offensively.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
was not a huge fan with petros lucic special on pouliot at the end of the game. got him 2 or 3 times in the corner

Eh, he didn't hit him hard. Pouliot was going to town on Bouwmeester, it's nice to see pie at least do something.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Remember when HF lost their collective **** when Schwartz was listed as a top ten prospect in the NHL? Or when Kuznetsov was "head and shoulders" better than Tarasenko? :laugh: Reading through old threads on the main boards is always fun. I think my personal favorite is the Stamkos vs. Filatov thread. If you're ever bored, give it a shot. I think I might flip through some pages of old Blues threads tomorrow.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Remember when HF lost their collective **** when Schwartz was listed as a top ten prospect in the NHL? Or when Kuznetsov was "head and shoulders" better than Tarasenko? :laugh: Reading through old threads on the main boards is always fun. I think my personal favorite is the Stamkos vs. Filatov thread. If you're ever bored, give it a shot. I think I might flip through some pages of old Blues threads tomorrow.

If you turn wayyyy back into the archives you'll see how believe it or not at one point in history, HF Blues wanted the Blues to trade for Ryan Miller and when they actually did, everyone was super excited

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
:laugh:

I don't remember all the specifics of who said what, but I definitely remember a contingent thinking that we over-paid, and/or that the assets could have been put to better use elsewhere.

I was fine spending assets by taking a risk, just Miller was the wrong risk, especially after what Vanek and Gaborik went for. Vanek was the guy to get and we wouldn't have had to move a 1st for him.

Always thought Miller would've been a slight upgrade, but not a difference maker, turns out that was even too optimistic.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Vanek sucked too lol

Gaborik.....that deal worked out so well... #&#&#&!&! Kings.....

Last edited:

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Right, a 4th liner that gets 6 minutes a game is just gonna start running opposing players because he didn't get to fight. And even if that does happen, how would it be Reaves' fault when the team is already up 3-0? There's absolutely no benefit to the Blues in this scenario. It seems like you're just trying to find a negative in a rather meaningless situation.

Probably, a fight there would have been the worst thing ever, it probably would have caused a 6 goal swing for the Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad