GDT: Blues vs Leafs - No Federko, so we'll probably win [converted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Man that was AWFUL by Polak. Not that it matters at this point. Still.

Yeah. A lot of people bring up his contract. Well by the time we are done rebuilding, his contract will be up and he'll want a new one, probably looking to cash in after having been on a "cheap" one for so long.

Best asset management would be to move him.

His contact makes him more valuable. Id be willing to bet he would get a better return than kessel

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Maybe but I don't see a team giving up what we would want.

That is very possible. Think it's more likely that we accept a lesser return than keep him in the long run.

What indications are those exactly?

Well they are talking about rebuilding, working long-term, not taking short cuts. There have been talk about them shopping pretty much everybody. You generally don't rebuild while keeping your 27-year old winger?

His contact makes him more valuable. Id be willing to bet he would get a better return than kessel

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant. His contracts worth to us is that it makes him a more valuable trade commodity.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009

All the more reason to deal him. Watching him (or trying to find him) is painful. Soft as butter and disappears way to often for way to long

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I agree. If someone shot the puck like staal did on sundin, it would have been mayhem

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Man that was AWFUL by Polak. Not that it matters at this point. Still.

Yeah. A lot of people bring up his contract. Well by the time we are done rebuilding, his contract will be up and he'll want a new one, probably looking to cash in after having been on a "cheap" one for so long.

Best asset management would be to move him.

They can all go. 90% of this team is irrelevant.
However you can't trade them all in one grab bag so you start at the top. This summer, Kessel/Phaneuf. Then see how who is left respond. Keep drafting,building and moving out until you get your mix and choose your core.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
That is very possible. Think it's more likely that we accept a lesser return than keep him in the long run.

Well they are talking about rebuilding, working long-term, not taking short cuts. There have been talk about them shopping pretty much everybody. You generally don't rebuild while keeping your 27-year old winger?

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant. His contracts worth to us is that it makes him a more valuable trade commodity.

So all indications equals a bunch of assumptions on your part?

27 doesn't strike me as old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad