GDT: Blues vs Leafs - No Federko, so we'll probably win [converted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
As much flack as 81 gets (and deservedly so) JVR has been worse. You have to try really hard to notice him at all since the new year.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
This is why I've been on Gardiner for being more active, using his legs more. When he is pro-active he is a much more effective player in both ends of the ice. Having a good game.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Healy is negative about the Leafs even when they are winning. He is just a miserable *****.

Everyone loves to hate the leafs, Healy just joins the bandwagon & Romanuk is useless. I still like Healy more than Millen, if you can imagine.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
lmao. where are the reimer fanboys now? he's let in just as many as bernier, except when bernier was in net the blues were still trying. by the time reimer came in, the game had been a foregone conclusion and the blues eased up. yet reimer managed to let in just as many goals.

what a loser.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Well, I've not been on the forums in a while. I'm not very informed about this.

Ah okey.

The main reasons would be:

1) Age. We are moving towards a 4-5 years rebuild and when it's done, Kessel will be on the decline. This would give our core group an age spread that makes the team hard to build. A better use of assets would be to trade him while he has a ton of value and build a core group that will start moving into their prime in 4 years.

2) Team personality. Kessel is the best player, the guy that defines our team. As long as he's on the team, he will have a tremendous effect on how this team carries itself. To change this, as it's something most would say is a problem, he needs to be moved out.

TheDancingGoalie

Jan 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario.
lmao. where are the reimer fanboys now? he's let in just as many as bernier, except when bernier was in net the blues were still trying. by the time reimer came in, the game had been a foregone conclusion and the blues eased up. yet reimer managed to let in just as many goals.

what a loser.

What if we just get new goalies then?

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Are you serious?

People have been explaining why a thousand times over by now.

No, we don't trade Kessel. Dion, Lupul etc. sure but not Kessel. We wont be able to replace him (Except maybe if we draft Marner)

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Man that was AWFUL by Polak. Not that it matters at this point. Still.

Id trade him 10 times over before kessel

Yeah. A lot of people bring up his contract. Well by the time we are done rebuilding, his contract will be up and he'll want a new one, probably looking to cash in after having been on a "cheap" one for so long.

Best asset management would be to move him.

TheDancingGoalie

Jan 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario.
Ah okey.

The main reasons would be:

1) Age. We are moving towards a 4-5 years rebuild and when it's done, Kessel will be on the decline. This would give our core group an age spread that makes the team hard to build. A better use of assets would be to trade him while he has a ton of value and build a core group that will start moving into their prime in 4 years.

2) Team personality. Kessel is the best player, the guy that defines our team. As long as he's on the team, he will have a tremendous effect on how this team carries itself. To change this, as it's something most would say is a problem, he needs to be moved out.

I see. Thank you for telling me this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad