GDT: Blues vs. Kings| Going For 4 Straight Out West| 8pm, FSMW|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Oh my!

Schenn made two great plays on the first goal. First he hustled straight for the blue line and just stood there looking like a pylon, which was actually a good thing and most definitely coached. But then after ROR entered, Schenn was able to shuffle a pass back to ROR after Kopitar stupidly jumped on him.

On Perron’s late goal, it was all Hoffman who backchecked the f*** out of Kopitar to chip it up ice.

TERRIBLE empty net management by the Kings

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think it’s safe to say with a healthy Blues team (2020 version of Parayko, not the version we saw this year, plus Tarasenko, Schwartz, Thomas, Bozak, Barbashev) this team would have won 4 more games (minimum) which puts them at 18-4, #1 in the nhl. We are a cup contender when healthy.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I know I’m dealing with smarter people here as opposed to Facebook but the amour of Blues fans that don’t like Krug is alarming.
What the heck is that supposed to mean? I seriously doubt many people here "don't like" Krug. He's a good PMD who has an extra gear. He is also pretty one-dimensional. His defense sucks, and some people have called him out for that. So if you criticize Krug you are as stupid as the people on FB? Apparently, Blues HF has become a cheerleading site.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What the heck is that supposed to mean? I seriously doubt many people here "don't like" Krug. He's a good PMD who has an extra gear. He is also pretty one-dimensional. His defense sucks, and some people have called him out for that. So if you criticize Krug you are as stupid as the people on FB? Apparently, Blues HF has become a cheerleading site.
You nail it. Cheerleading site.

You can't criticize without getting bashed out.

It's what it is.

Reactions: Blues Knight

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Faulk showing how not to box out. Junior level defense. Its teached at dmen kids first time they hit on ice. Shame we are forced to use him at PK.

Reactions: Blues Knight

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Don't forget the Vezina level goaltending from Husso, without him those goals would not have been possible.
I havent said anything Husso is stellar. Tho, In my eyes he has improve his game, but it's long way becoming good backup goaltender. Showing we really miss Allen. Shame Army was forced to trade him just for reason how hesitate (too much money) contract was given in first place to Allen. Another mistake by Army what hasnt looked that much in here.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Too bad Husso wasn't on the post to bail his D out.
I agree. Husso rely heavily dmens to clear crease. He is normally good with rebound and first shot. In AHL he looked same. Trusted dmen to win rebound pucks, but in Blues we dont have that good dmen anymore who can man handle front of net. Majority of time lies 1vs1 man battles front of net.

That said it's going to be problematic if and when we play against Vegas who is NHL biggest team or Avs. Our midgets Dunn, Krug and Faulk are going to be huge problem against big forwards for ex. Stone, Landeskog, Rantanen, Pacioretty, Tuch, (Reaves), Burakovsky, Nikushkin. Faulk, Dunn and Krug cant even beat Saad, Donskoi or Kadri front of net. So when you put those big bodies in our net they can do what ever they like.

You can ask yourself why would Avs dmens be ok vs our big forwards? Where is difference? I can name Girard who has been biggest trouble against our forwards and will be guy who will be biggest trouble vs our forwards. He is least physical dmen in Avs group who really miss toughness from his game. That is one reason why Makar is good defensively vs Faulk for ex. Doesnt know how to box out, doesnt understand take a stick away, doesnt understand surroundings of him, doesnt see the ice and will caught up no man's land majority of time. That goal is good ex. What we are missing from our dmens.

Last edited:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Criticism is fine when it's deserved, but there is also a tendency among internet fans to have a whipping boy and rag on a guy no matter what they do. Krug has been very good this year, and I can't imagine why any Blues fan could be that unhappy with his play overall. He may not have been the d-man many fans wanted but he's done his job this year and has actually played better defensively than I expected.

Wow, the Blues had no business winning this game but I'll take the 2 points. The fact that we were up 1-0 for most of the first two periods hid the fact that we were being completely outplayed by the Kings. We won't win many games without being able to score at 5-on-5 so let's hope they can do better at even strength tonight. If not for individual heroics from ROR and Perron, we would have lost this game handily.

Two lazy penalties by Sanford didn't help our cause, and I hope he gets an earful from Berube. I thought Walker should have stuck with Carter on the Kings first goal, but he left Carter to cover another guy (Schenn was gassed and trying to get back on D). That's to be expected from a guy who's not really used to the pace of an NHL game, but the goal could have been avoided with better coverage. But I won't split hairs, we gutted out a big win with a depleted lineup. Now let's win the 2nd one!

mike1320

You nail it. Cheerleading site.

You can't criticize without getting bashed out.

It's what it is.
and on the opposite end of the spectrum, people get accused of "dickriding" Army because they like the makeup of the roster (when it's healthy). The team is banking points despite letting Pietro walk and dealing with an absurd amount of injuries, but people still like to bitch and nitpick.

Reactions: The Electrician

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
To me what worries me the most is how awful we are at home. Away we are 10-2-0 while at home we are 4-6-2. They really need to get our home record fixed.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I agree. Husso rely heavily dmens to clear crease. He is normally good with rebound and first shot. In AHL he looked same. Trusted dmen to win rebound pucks, but in Blues we dont have that good dmen anymore who can man handle front of net. Majority of time lies 1vs1 man battles front of net.

That said it's going to be problematic if and when we play against Vegas who is NHL biggest team or Avs. Our midgets Dunn, Krug and Faulk are going to be huge problem against big forwards for ex. Stone, Landeskog, Rantanen, Pacioretty, Tuch, (Reaves), Burakovsky, Nikushkin. Faulk, Dunn and Krug cant even beat Saad, Donskoi or Kadri front of net. So when you put those big bodies in our net they can do what ever they like.

You can ask yourself why would Avs dmens be ok vs our big forwards? Where is difference? I can name Girard who has been biggest trouble against our forwards and will be guy who will be biggest trouble vs our forwards. He is least physical dmen in Avs group who really miss toughness from his game. That is one reason why Makar is good defensively vs Faulk for ex. Doesnt know how to box out, doesnt understand take a stick away, doesnt understand surroundings of him, doesnt see the ice and will caught up no man's land majority of time. That goal is good ex. What we are missing from our dmens.

But Truly we only have had 2 Dmen in the last decade that cleared people in front of the net. Bortuzzo and Edmundson. All the others have always relied on stick work and positioning to try and block passes.

Faulk boxed Brown out perfectly there. If Husso was competent then it would not have been a goal. We're not even talking making a save, we're just talking sealing the post. it's f***ing pathetic that Husso can't put his f***ing leg against the f***ing post.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Criticism is fine when it's deserved, but there is also a tendency among internet fans to have a whipping boy and rag on a guy no matter what they do. Krug has been very good this year, and I can't imagine why any Blues fan could be that unhappy with his play overall. He may not have been the d-man many fans wanted but he's done his job this year and has actually played better defensively than I expected.

Wow, the Blues had no business winning this game but I'll take the 2 points. The fact that we were up 1-0 for most of the first two periods hid the fact that we were being completely outplayed by the Kings. We won't win many games without being able to score at 5-on-5 so let's hope they can do better at even strength tonight. If not for individual heroics from ROR and Perron, we would have lost this game handily.

Two lazy penalties by Sanford didn't help our cause, and I hope he gets an earful from Berube. I thought Walker should have stuck with Carter on the Kings first goal, but he left Carter to cover another guy (Schenn was gassed and trying to get back on D). That's to be expected from a guy who's not really used to the pace of an NHL game, but the goal could have been avoided with better coverage. But I won't split hairs, we gutted out a big win with a depleted lineup. Now let's win the 2nd one!
I understand what you mean by "whipping boy", but I really haven't seen that with Krug on here. Certain individual posters over-criticize certain players, yes. One poster here continually complains about Faulk. Another doesn't like Mikkola. What I haven't seen, is a significant "piling on" with Krug. Some people have criticized his defensive play. Sometimes it is overstated, yes, but overall I think it is deserved.

Reactions: Reality Czech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad