Knyzhov-Vlasic
Claesson-Meloche
Karlsson (has been out, may return)

Jones

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
So I hadn't heard about this new playoff wrinkle for this year where you move on to the losers' bracket after being eliminated in the first round. Sure wish we had won Game 7, though.

Reactions: bluebird enthusiast

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Apparently Krug is most likely in tonight... soooo...

Krug-Faulk
Scandella-Bortuzzo
Dunn-Mikkola/Gunner

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Sitting Parayko is the right move. I am almost convinced that he is dealing with some kind of lower body injury, likely a groin or hamstring. Parayko has always been a good skater for his size and if you watch him this year his first couple of strides don't have the same explosiveness. I noticed it a few games ago when he had a lane to skate the puck up the ice and instead tried for a stretch pass so I started to zero in on him and noticed that this wasn't a one off. To me this means he doesn't trust his skating enough to beat his opponent to the open lane. So bringing it back to the location, if it was a tear he would already be on IR and have had the necessary surgery. Which leads me to believe it is a strain that he is continually re-aggravating each game he plays.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Faulk has without question been our #1 D this year. That doesn't mean Parayko won't be at any point, but there is just no argument that Faulk hasn't been the #1 D through 16 games.

Faulk is playing 1:50 a night more than Parayko so far. That's 16 seconds a night more at even strength, 20 seconds a night more on the PP and 1:14 a night more shorthanded. Faulk is a full 2 minutes per night more than Krug in all situations. Faulk is #1 among our D in every time on ice statistic except PP time. He has been without question the #1 D man.

Faulk also leads our blue line in goals, +/-, PIM, shots and hits. He has 49 hits and no other D on the team has more than 20. Every other D man on the roster combined has 82 hits. Again, Faulk has 49.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Sitting Parayko is the right move. I am almost convinced that he is dealing with some kind of lower body injury, likely a groin or hamstring. Parayko has always been a good skater for his size and if you watch him this year his first couple of strides don't have the same explosiveness. I noticed it a few games ago when he had a lane to skate the puck up the ice and instead tried for a stretch pass so I started to zero in on him and noticed that this wasn't a one off. To me this means he doesn't trust his skating enough to beat his opponent to the open lane. So bringing it back to the location, if it was a tear he would already be on IR and have had the necessary surgery. Which leads me to believe it is a strain that he is continually re-aggravating each game he plays.
His skating has gotten worse over the last couple weeks. I'm hoping that this was Parayko telling the staff he needed to recover and not the medical staff saying "this is really bad and you are getting close to needing surgery."

Reactions: Blueston

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Listening to this interview with JR...it does not sound good for Parayko

Blues Insider Jeremy Rutherford – 101 ESPN

"There is an injury...if it were a knee and he needed surgery then they would do that or shoulder and he needed rehab time they would take him out. It's neither of those situations. Potentially this could be something that goes on and on and on..."

When asked if sitting him would help... "I think that would help but it's not going to cure it...even with those types of breaks were not going to see Parayko get back to the level of player we know he can be...whether they'll need to address it in the off-season I'm not quite sure yet."

Yikes.

Reactions: Ranksu and The Note

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad