Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
That's what Scandella is for.
upload_2021-5-24_22-51-42.gif

Scandella in the Top 4 next season is likely to get you much the same result as this season. No bueno.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
At some point, the Blues need to start giving their youth more opportunities to shine. I don't need to see Bozak on the 1st PP or Sanford bumped to the top line for the 17th time. Give Kyrou/Thomas the reigns to lead this team offensively and see what they can do with it. I wasn't happy with Thomas at all this season but the talent is extremely evident, I hope he finally makes it all click this offseason. Kyrou has shown that he's the most creative forward on this roster, and I want more speed and creativity and less of whatever the hell players like Bozak are bringing.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
View attachment 438710

Scandella in the Top 4 next season is likely to get you much the same result as this season. No bueno.

Hmmm...so we've got Parayko, Krug and Faulk and need a top-4 to complete the group. Honestly, that's going to have to be one HELL of an addition to make that a formidable group. Like a Hedman or Heiskanen. If we're just going to throw another #3/#4 type at the problem what the hell's the point? It's still going to be 'no bueno'.

If only there were a franchise #1D to solidify this group...

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
The sooner he's traded for a bag of pucks, the better.

I'd rather give those minutes to Walman and Perunovich.

I don't get the hate for him. Maybe he wasn't his best this season but that can be said about a lot of players on the team. When he got here, he showed that he was a good stay-at-home LHD, which is exactly what a lot of people here are asking for. He can play with Parayko and absolutely deserves another look.

Reactions: Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I view Walman can take Krug spot. Mikkola takes Scandella spot.

We just need top2 LHD

Code:
X - Parayko
Walman - Faulk
Mikkola - Santini/Bortuzzo

Use Scandella and Krug/Dunn for upgrade real top2 LHD.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I'm usually the Debbie Downer.

However, I'm more hopeful about our future.

DA needs to do a minor retool. Part of which is a serious fix in our lack of future talent in the pipeline.

I'm confident that if we get back to a regular 82 game season with normal travel habits this team will be fine.

I hope they've all learned something in the last 18 months and get hungry again.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Hmmm...so we've got Parayko, Krug and Faulk and need a top-4 to complete the group. Honestly, that's going to have to be one HELL of an addition to make that a formidable group. Like a Hedman or Heiskanen. If we're just going to throw another #3/#4 type at the problem what the hell's the point? It's still going to be 'no bueno'.

If only there were a franchise #1D to solidify this group...
It doesn't need to be a #1 or even a #2, just someone that is not going to get exposed playing big minutes. Scandella just doesn't have the speed or quickness to be effective against the faster skilled players that dominate today's game, and frankly his decision making was suspect far too often this season for someone with his experience.

There are certainly a few left shot guys out there with some size and quickness that won't get lost riding shotgun with Faulk or Parayko in a Top 4 pairing. I've seen enough of Scandella in his 73 games with this team to know that he doesn't offer enough in the Top 4 on a team that still wants to contend.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
While we missed out/passed on Pietrangelo, I haven't seen where Peter-Angelo is playing this year, maybe we could still sign him :sarcasm:
I watched Wild vs Vegas game 5 and that was my first full Vegas game I saw Petro play (minus playing the Blues) and wow it was textbook Petro ALL game.

Soft on everything. Couldn’t hold the puck in during key moments, pushed off the puck and bullied easily by the other team and his textbook fire the shot high and wide to clear the zone.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I watched Wild vs Vegas game 5 and that was my first full Vegas game I saw Petro play (minus playing the Blues) and wow it was textbook Petro ALL game.

Soft on everything. Couldn’t hold the puck in during key moments, pushed off the puck and bullied easily by the other team and his textbook fire the shot high and wide to clear the zone.

Huh, funny, when I think textbook Petro I think of a defensemen that, unlike just about any defender we had this year makes smart steady reads in his own zone to push the play forward, not whatever this crap you just posted is.

Yes, your old romantic partner is dating someone prettier then you, talking bad about them does nothing but make you look petty.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Well having watched a lot of other Vegas games on my NHLtv subscription. You weren't watching Pietrangelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad