GDT: Blues vs. Avs|R1, Game 4| The End Is Nigh|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
Krug to Vancouver for Schmidt+
Definitely need to shed some salary. Krug would be nice to shed. Would like to keep dunn. Gunner would be fine as a 7 or 8 dman maybe at 700k. I still personally like Bozak but nothing close to 5M that he is earning. 4th liner minutes.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Very fitting end to the season. We simply weren't a very good team this year, and we ran into a buzzsaw that is on the short list of real contenders this year. The injuries didn't help, but the result was always going to be the same. At least I feel 10x better about the expansion draft than I did at the start of the year. There's more than enough fat on this team that we absolutely should not be losing important depth players like Barbashev or Sunny. I don't expect Hoffman back at all, as he'll probably chalk this up as a lost season all around. Binnington played great, Faulk will be fine next season, hopefully Parayko will be back to his old self next year, and we can start to piece this damn thing back together.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
I'm not disappointed with the playoffs.

We got ruined with Perron being out due to COVID list (I'm just waiting to see what happens if a Rantanen, Karlsson (VGK), etc if somehow they end up on COVID list what will happen) and Kadri antics. Ridiculous. They better not lighten up his penalty at all.

If they postpone any games because one of the top scorers goes on the COVID list, I will be done with the league.

Last edited:

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Last time tarasenko scored 2 in an elimination game we lost 5-2, missed the playoffs the next year and then won the cup

Don't remind me about missing the playoffs that year. We got screwed in that game too. Clear offsides on PPG by Avalanche was allowed to stand.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Copying this from the trade thread:

Watching Vova's post game presser...I want him on this team moving forward. Guy has given so much to this team, and I think he still has a ton to give. Just needs to get some rest and come back 100% healthy.
Fully agree. There are times especially this year he's been frustrating to watch (when he's been in games) and I do have some concerns about his recent injuries. But I still think this offseason would be too soon to move on from him. A full normal offseason and training camp I think will be exactly what he needs

Reactions: Meatball

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Don't remind me about missing the playoffs that year. We got screwed in that game too. Clear offsides on PPG by Avalanche was allowed to stand.
All because they screwed up the outside review against that same team earlier in the season too! I was fuming that last game lol

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Edit: nevermind.

Tarasenko was dealing with a groin issue. Props to him for battling through it.

Still lots of decisions to make on lots of guys this Summer.

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm almost positive him and Kyrou both got injured early in the season and then both of them got a hard wall. Kyrou might have been the freshman wall TBH. But it's very uncharacteristic for Schenn to hit a wall that hard for that long.
I’m convinced he got hurt in fight. Hasn’t been same since his Cali fights.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Av’s came in ready to rumble. Nothing but respect for them except for Kadri. That guys an embarrassment and scum.

I want the Avs to hoist the Cup. Destroy Vegas.
We hate Kadri too. Respect to you guys for battling to get that final spot when almost everyone was counting you out. The series would have been alot closer had you guys had a full roster. Good luck next season.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
They need to earn ice time. Were passengers for most of playoffs.

That's not true. They may have looked "out of it" but they were out there anticipating plays, which is what you do against fast teams. Thomas and Kyrou were generating a fair amount of scoring opportunities, and it's more difficult to get engaged when you're only playing 13-14 minutes a night. The Blues need to get younger and faster if they want to keep up with some of these young talents in the league, and it starts with building around Thomas and Kyrou.

Perron ROR Tarasenko
Schenn Thomas Kyrou
Kostin Barbashev Sundqvist

That should be the top 9 next year.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
That was rough, glad it's over. Time to just enjoy some playoff hockey as a fan of the game and have to worry about the Blues.

It is going to be a difficult summer for DA, he's going to make or break this team and we're going to have to live with the outcome for a long time.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Definitely need to shed some salary. Krug would be nice to shed. Would like to keep dunn. Gunner would be fine as a 7 or 8 dman maybe at 700k. I still personally like Bozak but nothing close to 5M that he is earning. 4th liner minutes.

Considering their play this season, I'd rather keep Bozak than Schwartz. He's been great since coming back from injury.

The Blues could give more ice time to Thomas and Kyrou, but I'd like to see if Thomas can actually show he can be a legit NHL center and I'd like to see Kyrou go a whole game without coughing up the puck in a key moment.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
That's not true. They may have looked "out of it" but they were out there anticipating plays, which is what you do against fast teams. Thomas and Kyrou were generating a fair amount of scoring opportunities, and it's more difficult to get engaged when you're only playing 13-14 minutes a night. The Blues need to get younger and faster if they want to keep up with some of these young talents in the league, and it starts with building around Thomas and Kyrou.

Perron ROR Tarasenko
Schenn Thomas Kyrou
Kostin Barbashev Sundqvist

That should be the top 9 next year.
If that is our top 9 next year, I personally won’t have terribly high hopes for this team to be successful. It is objectively worse that what we iced this year.

Reactions: The Note
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad