Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXII

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
EDIT: Delete please. MTL is looking for a center for Galchenyuk. No deal to be made here.

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
As posted earlier, I am very interested in Stepan, but I'm finding it difficult to negotiate the main trade board to find out what Rangers fans want in return. Many say they want players with ED exemption status, but others say they don't want picks and futures. Very confusing.:dunno:

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
As posted earlier, I am very interested in Stepan, but I'm finding it difficult to negotiate the main trade board to find out what Rangers fans want in return. Many say they want players with ED exemption status, but others say they don't want picks and futures. Very confusing.:dunno:

What kinda offer were u thinking?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I was under the impression that the terms on Bergie's contract don't kick in until July 1, right? If not, then yeah he'll be here.

The latest CBA allowed for a NTC or NMC to start as soon as a contract was signed. Every player would want that and a team refusing would be a major red flag... it's safe to assume that Berglund has a full NMC now.

Something along the lines of 27OA+Schmaltz+Barbashev+Sobotka. Kyrou could be added/substituted.

I wouldn't be keen on giving up both Barbashev and Sobotka, we'd still need centre depth. But then, I'm not a fan of Berglund at centre.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Is Troy Brouwer available? Maybe we could trade Schwartz on him, get better work horse and guy who is healthy 82 games.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
How will people feel if we don't land a top 6 player this offseason?

If there was ever an opportune time to make a deal, now would be it. I wonder if our cap situation will preclude one from happening?

Also, if the cap continues to rise in the future, how long will the Blues be a cap team?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

If there was ever an opportune time to make a deal, now would be it. I wonder if our cap situation will preclude one from happening?

Schwartz - __?__ - Tarasenko
Steen - Stastny - Fabbri

I know we long to talk about adding a top-6 player, but do we need another top-6 winger? Is tying up more of our cap in that position the best course of action in the long term?

We can point to the playoffs, but Steen had a significant injury and Fabbri was missing.

If we can get a RW that could be a legitimate difference maker, then we should go for it. If it is a slight upgrade, I'd rather just go as we are.

The focus needs to be a top-6 centre, not simply another top-6 player. I've complained for a while about our roster just being a collection of good players, we need to start building a team.

Also, if the cap continues to rise in the future, how long will the Blues be a cap team?

We have shown a willingness to give several players one-way contracts to offer us AHL depth in recent seasons, and have been in the black.

Another positive sign is that when we traded Shattenkirk this season we were 8th in the Conference, second Wild Card position, and 3 points behind the first WC team. We were still making the practical decisions and not making desperate moves to try and get the playoff revenue to maintain a budget.

Once we get to $85m then I think this really becomes a question, but that could take another 5 years with the players increasing frustrations with escrow.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Only problem is that there isn't top6 center available. I view that only way we can get possible 1c, draft top5-10 spot and imagine we would also draft first ones in another rounds too. Having Bill Armstrong getting best of would be neat, but.. eh...

Say what you want this is old song, but one season bad performance and gain real picks. Draft high etc. Its sad, 'cus we aren't that bad team so we'll either way go playoffs with this medicore team who aren't ready for playoff run. GM doesn't hav skills to get job done. Blow superstars Tarasenko, Pietro, Schwartz, Allen best years away. There is no excuses for Army not getting 1c or top6 center. If we aren't drafting high GM have to get the job done.

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Only problem is that there isn't top6 center available. I view that only way we can get possible 1c, draft top5-10 spot and imagine we would also draft first ones in another rounds too. Having Bill Armstrong getting best of would be neat, but.. eh...

Say what you want this is old song, but one season bad performance and gain real picks. Draft high etc. Its sad, 'cus we aren't that bad team so we'll either way go playoffs with this medicore team who aren't ready for playoff run. GM doesn't hav skills to get job done. Blow superstars Tarasenko, Pietro, Schwartz, Allen best years away. There is no excuses for Army not getting 1c or top6 center. If we aren't drafting high GM have to get the job done.

Stepan, RNH, Duchene.....but sure keep up that rhetoric.

As for tanking, you cant have it both ways. You cant have the team we have and realistically tank. You can use this year as an example sure, but the top picks are not 1Cs. They are in the mold of low end 1Cs. You dont tank for them, you tank for Mcdavid, Matthews, and Eichels. You would have to blow up the team for multiple years to acheive this.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

I think it depends on what players go for. If Galchenyuk goes for a Stepan or a Brodin then it will just suck because we never had a chance. If a player goes for a package that we could've put together, then I'll be upset.

If we don't acquire anyone, but Barbashev and Sanford put in a lot of work in the off-season and have good seasons, then I'll be just as happy as if we acquired a top 6 guy. I'm just going to wait and see how things play out.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I think it depends on what players go for. If Galchenyuk goes for a Stepan or a Brodin then it will just suck because we never had a chance. If a player goes for a package that we could've put together, then I'll be upset.

If we don't acquire anyone, but Barbashev and Sanford put in a lot of work in the off-season and have good seasons, then I'll be just as happy as if we acquired a top 6 guy. I'm just going to wait and see how things play out.

I agree with this whole post.:yo:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
i think it depends on what players go for. If galchenyuk goes for a stepan or a brodin then it will just suck because we never had a chance. If a player goes for a package that we could've put together, then i'll be upset.

If we don't acquire anyone, but barbashev and sanford put in a lot of work in the off-season and have good seasons, then i'll be just as happy as if we acquired a top 6 guy. I'm just going to wait and see how things play out.

Sounds like a defenseman is the likely return for Galchenyuk. Is it time to open the Edmundson <-> Galchenyuk can of worms again?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sounds like a defenseman is the likely return for Galchenyuk. Is it time to open the Edmundson <-> Galchenyuk can of worms again?

I'm worried that it will be Brodin or Dumba, do not want to see Galchenyuk in Minnesota. Hopefully Edmundson is valued enough where we can add to him to get him. With our luck, Bergevin will value Edmundson enough, but Army will pass on Gally.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Montreal isn't taking Edmundson for Galchenyuk.

It's pretty simple, the Blues aren't getting Galchenyuk.

Expect a quiet off-season other than Lehtera being offloaded and watching the draft.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Montreal isn't taking Edmundson for Galchenyuk.

It's pretty simple, the Blues aren't getting Galchenyuk.

Expect a quiet off-season other than Lehtera being offloaded and watching the draft.

We'd have to definitely add, but he's cheap, and Bergevin likes the rough and rugged types.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
As it seems very likely that Stepan gets traded, I would hope the Blues are the ones to get him. Seems like it could be a likely fit. Only problem is salary/cap space. Who would NY take as a potential cap dump?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
As it seems very likely that Stepan gets traded, I would hope the Blues are the ones to get him. Seems like it could be a likely fit. Only problem is salary/cap space. Who would NY take as a potential cap dump?

Perron/Gunnarsson if there are the ones taking on the cap, but most likely, the cap will be cleared at the expansion draft and the entry draft in separate deals.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I wonder if MTL has high interest in a dunn or walman as well as blais in a deal for gally, if so, then maybe something like a berglund(plz let me dream guys) or a gunnarsson with dunn/Walman, blais and our late 1st for galchenyuk would be more than worth it for us.

Still keep one of dunn/walman and get a legit top line 30 goal scorer. They're standpoint is a 1st, dunn/walman (potential top4 PMD), Blais (could be a legit top 9 fwd, had a strong year this year) and then a veteran roster player(berg/gunnar) MIGHT be enticing enough if they truly do want to move galchenyuk out of town and to the western conference(not that they care about trading within the division lol)

Not to mention we'd have to move a roster player just for salary reasons since galchenyuk is ready for a legit raise

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Do you think Stepan will still be there after the expansion draft? I would be worried he isn't.

You can go over the cap in the summer, so it's not the end of the world if we acquire Stepan before making a cap move. It might limit the return on a Perron or a Gunnarsson, but they wouldn't return significant value anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad