Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Rutherford predicts that the Blues will not buy out Lehtera...leaves Vegas as the main option.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Haven't seen the blues linked in any rumors . Wouldn't be surprised to see a very similar team next year

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Haven't seen the blues linked in any rumors . Wouldn't be surprised to see a very similar team next year

That would be depressing......need to bring in a top 6 talent. To be fair, Blues cant make a move till they open up cap space.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Eh, usually we don't let many rumors leak except to maybe JR.

Anyways, sucks to miss out on Drouin as he's a great talent.

But I just saw a report that Galchenyuk is still available and now that the Habs traded Sergachev, they may be looking for defense in return.

I don't give a flying **** if he hasn't played C. The Blues need to be all over that.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Eh, usually we don't let many rumors leak except to maybe JR.

Anyways, sucks to miss out on Drouin as he's a great talent.

But I just saw a report that Galchenyuk is still available and now that the Habs traded Sergachev, they may be looking for defense in return.

I don't give a flying **** if he hasn't played C. The Blues need to be all over that.

The rumors are just one aspect that led to my statement. The fact that we don't really have trade chips to make a big change is the main one

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
How long has it been since Blues' fans were excited/pleasantly surprised at moves over the summer? Seems like it's been a long time.

Kind of scary considering just how important this summer is for the team.....lots of moves need to be made to open cap, sign Parayko, clear the stage for Fabs and Ed extensions and get more talent up front.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
How long has it been since Blues' fans were excited/pleasantly surprised at moves over the summer? Seems like it's been a long time.

Kind of scary considering just how important this summer is for the team.....lots of moves need to be made to open cap, sign Parayko, clear the stage for Fabs and Ed extensions and get more talent up front.

Stastny.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
McKenzie seems to think all 3 of Brodin/Galchenyuk/Eberle will be traded before the freeze on Saturday. Tomorrow could be a busy day, though I'm not sure how active the Blues will be.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
McKenzie seems to think all 3 of Brodin/Galchenyuk/Eberle will be traded before the freeze on Saturday. Tomorrow could be a busy day, though I'm not sure how active the Blues will be.

I would love it if we could move Sobie or Berglund for another first+....though admittedly that might not be a popular opinion.

In any case, we are now are somewhat tight to the cap for even our necessary internal moves...unless Armstrong already has a signed deal for Lehtera. Thus, DA is probably standing pat.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
The rumors are just one aspect that led to my statement. The fact that we don't really have trade chips to make a big change is the main one

I completely disagree that we don't have really have trade chips to make a big change. I would say it's more that we don't want to trade what we have, and we're beginning to stockpile young talent. After this draft we may have enough prospect depth for Army to actually pull the trigger on something.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

I bet Brodin for Galchenyuk happens and we all die a little bit.....then Stepan goes to Nashville and we just go lay down on a public road

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I completely disagree that we don't have really have trade chips to make a big change. I would say it's more that we don't want to trade what we have, and we're beginning to stockpile young talent. After this draft we may have enough prospect depth for Army to actually pull the trigger on something.

It's not just about the trade chips, it's the salary. Any good player who is available is available because they have a big contract, and the Blues are already feeling the cap crunch with Parayko needing a new deal.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
What if the deal is, If LV takes Lehtera we give them Sobie?

I would do it b/c I really believe it will be a first round pick otherwise. I don't think a second gets it done b/c Vegas holds the cards on at least 15-20 teams looking for a cap dump. Something tells me the ask for $5 million of Vegas' cap space is going to be a first.

If the choice is a first round pick or Sobie, I trade Sobie.

If it's a second or Sobie, I trade the second.

Sobie is probably a bit of a face saver for Armstrong over a first because a first allows everyone to do the math quickly.....Shattenkirk and Copley got us Sanford and the ability to dump a bad contract. That's a bit ugly.

In the end, we are in a pinch...we really need to move Lehtera, particularly b/c management apparently decided against the buy-out.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
It's not just about the trade chips, it's the salary. Any good player who is available is available because they have a big contract, and the Blues are already feeling the cap crunch with Parayko needing a new deal.

I do agree with you here. To combine our points, Parayko is a main chip that could be traded for a big player. It's still the same "Rob Peter to save Paul" scenario unless we feel moving someone like Schwartz, Steen, or Fabbri for someone like Tavares.

Last edited:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I do agree with you here. To combine our points, Parayko is a main chip that could be traded for a big player.

now that Shattenkirk is gone, Parayko is not a trade chip. Our defense would be pathetic after our first pairing. I'm struggling to see a way to land an impact player with the pieces we have and the cap room we have.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
now that Shattenkirk is gone, Parayko is not a trade chip. Our defense would be pathetic after our first pairing. I'm struggling to see a way to land an impact player with the pieces we have and the cap room we have.

I wouldn't worry too much about the cap. The ED will help with that, one way or another. If we need to make room, we have until the end of the summer to get something done.

I do agree with you though. We don't have a Jones, or a Sergachev. We don't have that position of amazing depth where someone is clearly expendable. If we do, it's middle-6 wingers on relatively reasonable contracts, and that isn't necessarily a hot commodity that teams are rushing to swap their young top draft picks for.

I think we'll pull something off, but Galchenyuk is a best-case scenario right now, especially considering the situation that Anaheim and Minnesota find themselves in. I imagine, however, that if something doesn't get done by Saturday's roster freeze, not much will happen after that either. We'll be ok, I just don't think we'll be the team getting ranked "A+" when the pundits write the story of the offseason, you know?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Lehtera is probably going to Vegas. The only question is what is it going to cost the Blues? It doesn't make sense that Sobotka would be part of that package. GM's don't want a bad reputation of trading players they just signed.

The two biggest trade chips are the 1st round picks and hopefully Lehtera doesn't cost one of those. That will be pretty bad.

If Lehtera is gone the roster is this: (forgot Barbashev)

Schwartz Stastny Tarasenko
Fabbri Sobotka Steen
Berglund Sanford Perron
Paajarvi (if signed) Brodziak Reaves

X Yakupov, Jaskin

I'm putting Sanford as the 3C as that's basically what Yeo said he'd be in the press conference. They've really never tried to put Berglund as the 2C so I doubt they start now.

It's probably a playoff team but nothing special.

We all want more talent but it might just be a waiting game for the prospects to get here. The biggest hope probably, is that Dunn and Walman both burst on the scene in a similar fashion that Parayko did.

We could actually be looking at a scenario where Sobotka is playing 1C with Schwartz & Tarasenko. Time will tell but I don't expect a big splash.

If they get rid of Perron, Barbashev fills that spot

Last edited:

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Lehtera is probably going to Vegas. The only question is what is it going to cost the Blues? It doesn't make sense that Sobotka would be part of that package. GM's don't want a bad reputation of trading players they just signed.

The two biggest trade chips are the 1st round picks and hopefully Lehtera doesn't cost one of those. That will be pretty bad.

If Lehtera is gone the roster is this:

Fabbri Sobotka Steen
Berglund Sanford Perron
Paajarvi (if signed) Brodziak Reaves

X Yakupov, Jaskin

I'm putting Sanford as the 3C as that's basically what Yeo said he'd be in the press conference. They've really never tried to put Berglund as the 2C so I doubt they start now.

It's probably a playoff team but nothing special.

We all want more talent but it might just be a waiting game for the prospects to get here. The biggest hope probably, is that Dunn and Walman both burst on the scene in a similar fashion that Parayko did.

We could actually be looking at a scenario where Sobotka is playing 1C with Schwartz & Tarasenko. Time will tell but I don't expect a big splash.

No Barbashev? He played on line 1 towards the end of last season, you'll remember. Didn't do great, but Yeo showed enough confidence in him to put him there at least.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Maybe it's:

Fabbri Barbashev Steen
Berglund Sanford Sobotka

Any way you slice it up I just don't see Army making a big move.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
I bet Brodin for Galchenyuk happens and we all die a little bit.....then Stepan goes to Nashville and we just go lay down on a public road

...and we wake up Monday morning with a really bad hangover after we learn Lehtera remains a Blue Note.

Then by next Friday night we rally around a couple of future Notes.

Even The Dizz coulda predicted this outcome had his optimism not gotten in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad