Guaranteed jobs:
Fabbri Stastny Tarasenko
Schwartz Barbashev ----
Steen ---- Sobotka
---- Brodziak Reaves

----/Pietrangelo
Edmundson/Parayko
-----/-----

Extras/Trade-bait: Berglund, Jaskin, Perron, Lehtera, Bouwmeester, Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo
Extras (prospects): Sanford, Thompson, Blais, Musil, Schmaltz, Dunn, Walman, Lindbohm (if re-signed)

So, in all, that's 15 pieces from which to make a deal without touching our core, not including goalies or draft picks. Probably the greatest value there is Bouwmeester, Berglund, or Perron, with Thompson or Dunn/Walman (and the 1sts) being the strongest futures pieces. I won't speculate on who would take those pieces or what the return would be, but we do have something to deal from.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What the heck? I wouldn't say Reaves (ED), Barbashev and Edmundson are guaranteed jobs right now. It's simply too early to say for some of those guys.

I would put any combination of Perron, Edmundson, Schmaltz, Barbashev, a 1st and some of our forward prospects on the table for a top 6 forward. Looking like Galchenyuk and Stepan are our best options right now. I'd be cool with either.

Luckily Drouin didn't come to the West. But we still need to beat out Anaheim and Minnesota for these guys. Hopefully Vatanen goes to Toronto where there are rumors right now to take them out of the running a bit. But if Minnesota gets Galchy and a team like Nashville also gets someone, that would really suck. And it's a realistic possibility.

I hate to bring this up again but it's ridiculous when Minnesota has Jonas Brodin on the table and Blues fans don't even want to give up Edmundson. Come the hell on. Gotta give to get and I don't want to see the Blues strike out again. We've already missed Johansen, Drouin and Hall. We need to get someone.

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
What the heck? I wouldn't say Reaves (ED), Barbashev and Edmundson are guaranteed jobs right now. It's simply too early to say for some of those guys.

I would put any combination of Perron, Edmundson, Schmaltz, Barbashev, a 1st and some of our forward prospects on the table for a top 6 forward. Looking like Galchenyuk and Stepan are our best options right now. I'd be cool with either.

Luckily Drouin didn't come to the West. But we still need to beat out Anaheim and Minnesota for these guys. Hopefully Vatanen goes to Toronto where there are rumors right now to take them out of the running a bit. But if Minnesota gets Galchy and a team like Nashville also gets someone, that would really suck. And it's a realistic possibility.

I hate to bring this up again but it's ridiculous when Minnesota has Jonas Brodin on the table and Blues fans don't even want to give up Edmundson. Come the hell on. Gotta give to get and I don't want to see the Blues strike out again. We've already missed Johansen, Drouin and Hall. We need to get someone.

I see you're still pretending this is an issue.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah dude you're cray cray over the Edmundson thing. If he was in the right deal people would be all over it. Not just any top 6 forward.
Except there have already been multiple posts about not wanting to give him up for Alex Galchenyuk.

...Which is exactly the point I was making in my post.

Maybe you guys are just cray cray over me hurting feelings? Looks like it. Unless you can add to the conversation then I don't really care what you think. I'm making this point because of posts from other people. Quite obvious.

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
Except there have already been multiple posts about not wanting to give him up for Alex Galchenyuk.

Maybe you guys are just cray cray over me hurting feelings? Looks like it. Unless you can add to the conversation then I don't really care what you think. I'm making this point because of posts from other people. Quite obvious.

I'd trade you for Galchenyuk.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL

If you think you're hurting feelings you must be off your rocker!
Back to the nursing home for you!
This should be an entertaining offseason

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Hopefully that happens so I'm not surrounded by fans who think Joel Edmundson is more valuable than Alex Galchenyuk.

There are a lot of idiots on HF. Edmundson > Galchenyuk is hilariously stupid but it's not the worst I've seen. Far from it.

Back on topic, we should absolutely push the buttons on Galchenyuk. He is best piece available right now. I'd push something around Berglund/Sobotka/Perron+Edmundson+27. It may take more.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Hopefully that happens so I'm not surrounded by fans who think Joel Edmundson is more valuable than Alex Galchenyuk.

Who exactly thought that? At no point did I ever said that, I just viewed opening the 2LD spot to would take away from the gains at forward. Its debatable, sure but its something you have to consider. Then it devolved into Ed is a 3rd pairing and Dunn will eat 17min a night right off the bat....

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Guaranteed jobs:
Fabbri Stastny Tarasenko
Schwartz Barbashev ----
Steen ---- Sobotka
---- Brodziak Reaves

----/Pietrangelo
Edmundson/Parayko
-----/-----

Extras/Trade-bait: Berglund, Jaskin, Perron, Lehtera, Bouwmeester, Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo
Extras (prospects): Sanford, Thompson, Blais, Musil, Schmaltz, Dunn, Walman, Lindbohm (if re-signed)

So, in all, that's 15 pieces from which to make a deal without touching our core, not including goalies or draft picks. Probably the greatest value there is Bouwmeester, Berglund, or Perron, with Thompson or Dunn/Walman (and the 1sts) being the strongest futures pieces. I won't speculate on who would take those pieces or what the return would be, but we do have something to deal from.

We just gave Berglund a 5 year deal and a NTC. I don't understand how you can list him as an extra or trade bait. He's a guaranteed starter. Full stop.

It's even more confusing given that you have Berglund as an extra and Barbashev as a lock. I like him a lot and think he'll force his way on to the team, but come on. He's not guaranteed a spot.

Bouwmeester is also a 100% lock on the team.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
We just gave Berglund a 5 year deal and a NTC. I don't understand how you can list him as an extra or trade bait. He's a guaranteed starter. Full stop.

It's even more confusing given that you have Berglund as an extra and Barbashev as a lock. I like him a lot and think he'll force his way on to the team, but come on. He's not guaranteed a spot.

Bouwmeester is also a 100% lock on the team.

I was under the impression that the terms on Bergie's contract don't kick in until July 1, right? If not, then yeah he'll be here.

I find it strange that you took such exception to Barbashev being there, but maybe it's my fault for using "guarantee" as my descriptor. In general, if we traded Barbashev for an upgrade it would be worth it, but I would find it strange after what we've done with him so far. I would be shocked to see him start the season in Chicago, I guess is what I'm trying to say there.

As for Bouwmeester, I know that in all likelihood he is not going anywhere, and that's ok for the most part. Not great, but ok. But is he part of the "core?" I don't see how you can make that argument. So, if you aren't in the core, to me you're expendable. Like I mentioned, I think he would probably return a pretty good amount, and so if I'm managing the team (and clearly I'm not) I'm seeing who's interested. In a bubble, Bouwmeester will be a good bottom-pairing guy for us for the rest of his contract. But that contract... if we can get out then we should. I honestly feel the same way about Steen and Berglund: get out while we can / while they still have some value. And just to be clear, I like these guys! Steen's great, Bergie is our #2 scorer (lol), and J-Bo could probably still play 30mins a night if we needed him to. But... just might be time to move on. In this time of great upheaval, no time like the present, especially if we're trying to find pieces of value to trade with

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I was under the impression that the terms on Bergie's contract don't kick in until July 1, right? If not, then yeah he'll be here.

I find it strange that you took such exception to Barbashev being there, but maybe it's my fault for using "guarantee" as my descriptor. In general, if we traded Barbashev for an upgrade it would be worth it, but I would find it strange after what we've done with him so far. I would be shocked to see him start the season in Chicago, I guess is what I'm trying to say there.

As for Bouwmeester, I know that in all likelihood he is not going anywhere, and that's ok for the most part. Not great, but ok. But is he part of the "core?" I don't see how you can make that argument. So, if you aren't in the core, to me you're expendable. Like I mentioned, I think he would probably return a pretty good amount, and so if I'm managing the team (and clearly I'm not) I'm seeing who's interested. In a bubble, Bouwmeester will be a good bottom-pairing guy for us for the rest of his contract. But that contract... if we can get out then we should. I honestly feel the same way about Steen and Berglund: get out while we can / while they still have some value. And just to be clear, I like these guys! Steen's great, Bergie is our #2 scorer (lol), and J-Bo could probably still play 30mins a night if we needed him to. But... just might be time to move on. In this time of great upheaval, no time like the present, especially if we're trying to find pieces of value to trade with

Agree with everything stated here. And i think you're right on the Berglund NTC as well.

Also, not that i think we're going to move him, but with the Expansion Draft being this offseason, i think a GM could move a player he just signed and he wouldn't get too much negative attention for it. It's a juggling game at this point.

My pipe dream is OTT having so much hope, we could swap them Bergie for Logan Brown.

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016

How is Bouwmeester only a 3rd pairing d-man but still able to get us a really nice return?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

lol you think your opinion is far more important than it actually is :laugh: Nobody's feelings are hurt by something HFBluesColinCowherd has to say.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Wishful thinking, but can anyone envision a scenario where we land one of Stepan/T. Johnson AND Galchenyuk?

I also saw that proposal with the Avs...I gotta be honest, I'd give it some thought. As good as Parayko is, there's a chance that he never reaches his full potential.

I would only do it if we were going after Duchene AND Galchenyuk though.

Load this team up, damnit. :soap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad