Blues Trade Proposals Part XXVIII

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Nothing like threatening to bring an emotionally detatched player into next year unless someone offers you The Moon. Before today's trades, I would have said 29 GMs call that bluff immediately. After today...probably 27.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Holding onto Shatty at the deadline is a horrible idea unless we get massive offensive forward return for him. He's more benefit to the team on it in a playoff run than he is getting a rental mid 6 forward in return. No contending team is going to be a good partner for us at the tdl

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
At this point, we should hold onto shatty and see if someone is desparate for him at the trade deadline this year. I don't see anyone I'd give him up for without being disappointed in the return.

No way we trade him at the deadline. We would have to be out of contention for Army to considerate that.

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
What does that actually matter though.... if a GM wants him...he's still for sale. Just means army isn't calling around to see who wants him

Think it's just GM speak now, much like how Subban wasn't available and was not going to be traded. In this case, trying to salvage value while Shattenkirk is all but begging to be traded.

Wonder if Drouin is available again with Stamkos re-signing?

However, I'm still of the belief that Armstrong holds onto Shattenkirk, just to give Hitchcock his best chance at 1 final cup run, even though its going to hurt our future.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
Think it's just GM speak now, much like how Subban wasn't available and was not going to be traded. In this case, trying to salvage value while Shattenkirk is all but begging to be traded.

Wonder if Drouin is available again with Stamkos re-signing?

However, I'm still of the belief that Armstrong holds onto Shattenkirk, just to give Hitchcock his best chance at 1 final cup run, even though its going to hurt our future.

Problem with retaining Shattenkirk this year is that we will have to overpay some UFA forward.

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
Problem with retaining Shattenkirk this year is that we will have to overpay some UFA forward.

I don't want to, but just based on all the excuses from Armstrong, about not the right value etc.and the supposed asking prices, leads me to believe he intends on keeping him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad