Blues Trade Proposals Part XXVIII

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What would you want from the leafs for shattenkirk?

We're really not a great fit a this point unfortunately. What we'd want, Toronto wouldn't give up. Your assets are either way to valuable or not valuable enough.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Not to interested in Kadri. Solid send line center, but he isn't an up grade.

Nylander is who I would like. And I understand if you baulk at that.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
If I'm Shatty the prospect of going to an up and coming team like Toronto would be exciting. Not sure he would like the microscope though.

To get full value we almost need to trade him to a team he wants to be with long term.

GrayZack

Jul 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
We can't take on salary.

What if we were able to package Berglund in the the mix. I wonder if Toronto is one of his seven teams on the NTC.

I know very little about prospect, I only have enough free time to follow our porspect pool. But I do know that the Toronto Marlies had a great year.

Could we find a package of:

Shatty, Berglund and 87th over all
For
Kadri , young foward prospect and 30th or 31th

we could even toss in Rattie somewhere.

GrayZack

Jul 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
I prefer Kadri @ 4.5M the RNH @6M. We need that extra 1.5M down the road. Lots of players will be getting a pay bump in the next 2 years.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
If Toronto is also willing to swap Berglund for Komarov, I think I'd actually take Kadri for Shattenkirk now that I think about it. Kadri is a feisty player with good skill. If he shot his career shot% this year he would've had 27 goals. Definitely an upgrade on Lehtera. Maybe some picks are thrown in to make the deal go through? Not sure which picks, maybe #30? But the base would be:
Kadri+Komarov+#30
For
Shattenkirk+Berglund

GrayZack

Jul 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Can't afford Hall @6M.

We already have Steen @5.8M
and Schwartz @ ?????

We would need to move one of the two if we pick up Hall. I don't see the need to Change the chemistry of the team that much.

I think LW is pretty much set in stone for this team.
LW1 Schwartz
LW2 Steen
LW3 Jaskin
LW Upshill or another cheap UFA.

Last edited:

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Can't afford Hall @6M.

We already have Steen @5.8th and Schwartz @ ?????Maybe

We would need to move one of the two if we pick up Hall. I don't see the need to Change the chemistry of the team that much.

I think LW is pretty much set in stone for this team.
LW1 Schwartz
LW2 Steen
LW3 Jaskin
LW Upshill or another cheap UFA.

After Backes walks and Shatty is traded, we have almost $20 million in cap space to sign:

Schwartz
Upshall
Brodziak

Possibly Brouwer.

I am guessing Schwartz will get $6 million, Brouwer $4 mill and those other two guys $1-$1.5 mill each.

That still leaves us with a nice chunk to sign someone or absorb a salary.

GrayZack

Jul 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Yeah but were would Hall play.
Does he play RW or Center as well as LW. Or are you moving Steen to play LW on the 3rd line. That is a lot of money tied up on the LW. We need help down the middle.

What's going to happen when Fabbri Parayko and one of Allen/Elliot are looking for a raise in 2017/18. Steen contract will be up though. Do we resigned him or let Em walk?

I don't see a need or a fit for Hall, unless we want to move Steen as well.

I just don't see a need to blow this team up so bad. I would rather just keep Shatty and move Perto next summer for a big number 1 center. I have fath in that Parayko will take over nicely as the number 1D after one more year.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Does he play RW or Center as well as LW. Or are you moving Steen to play LW on the 3rd line. That is a lot of money tied up on the LW. We need help down the middle.

What's going to happen when Fabbri Parayko and one of Allen/Elliot are looking for a raise in 2017/18. Steen contract will be up though. Do we resigned him or let Em walk?

I just don't see a need to blow this team up so bad. I would rather just keep Shatty and move Perto next summer for a big number 1 center. I have fath in that Parayko will take over nicely as the number 1D after one more year.

I am not aware of Hall ever playing anything but LW. Steen could move to the right side. He can pretty much play anywhere in our lineup.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis

Trading Petro will not benefit us. Parayko can never be expected to be as good as Petro.
Trading Shattenkirk is a lot more logical especially considering Shattenkirk will ask for similar money to Petro, which IMO he isn't really worth.
Petro is a proven rock on our back end. Parayko on a 2nd pair is just filthy. I'd easily rather trade Shattenkirk and keep the two who can actually defend.

GrayZack

Jul 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Sorry messed that post up
Fabbri is also on the LW.
Sorry on my phone here.

So were would Hall play. I just don't see him fitting in this line up. Especially when you here about how great the chemistry is with this team.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Trading Petro will not benefit us. Parayko can never be expected to be as good as Petro.
Trading Shattenkirk is a lot more logical especially considering Shattenkirk will ask for similar money to Petro, which IMO he isn't really worth.
Petro is a proven rock on our back end. Parayko on a 2nd pair is just filthy. I'd easily rather trade Shattenkirk and keep the two who can actually defend.

I agree..and the coming of Parayko makes Shatty expendable.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Sorry messed that post up
Fabbri is also on the LW.
Sorry on my phone here.

So were would Hall play. I just don't see him fitting in this line up. Especially when you here about how great the chemistry is with this team.

I see Blues moving Fabbri to center.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I see Blues moving Fabbri to center.

Next year?
Kid still real young. I'd play him at center during camp and have him at center at periods of time (injuries as an ex). However, he still needs to get stronger and mould into a center, after that. The time to me would be when Stastny deal is done.

GrayZack

Jul 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
I agree..and the coming of Parayko makes Shatty expendable.

I know I am the minority on trading Petro. But I just love watching Parayko. I really love the way he plays and think he's is going to be up there with Petro sooner then later. With everyone asking for an elite number one center to play with Tank. Our only asset that get that is Petro. Shatty UFA satus will not likely get us a number 1. The time to move Shatty for a true number 1 center was last off season

It's going to be a very interesting summer. I think we are so Deep on RHD both at the Nhl and Ahl that anything can happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad