Blues Trade Proposals 2021-2022 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
At least now we can go back to actually looking at ways to fix what's actually broken on the team. The LHD. Leddy is fine as our #2 but we need to find a way to move Krug and upgrade from him.

Reactions: PocketNines

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Thank god we didn't give up that much. No one was topping that package from Florida.

A disappointing offseason thus far but the west is so weak we should still be a high seed if we stay healthy. Let's hope Neighbors is ready for top-9 duty.

Reactions: tfriede2

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I feel like you and Armstrong have very different views of Kyrou. Especially seeing how Armstrong has said repeatedly that Kyrou is part of the core and his next priority to get signed long term.

Of that I have no doubt and I fully realize he’s the one with the track record and I’m just a dude on the internet.

All that said, doesn’t change the way I feel and this offseason continues to underwhelm massively. No upgrade defensively, no bad contracts moved out, no superstar coming in.

Signing Thomas was excellent but it’s beyond disappointing to know we have to watch the same top 4 as last year for the next 4 years. Impossible to win a Cup with a top 4 d core that is this bad

ValHaller

May 23, 2022
St. Louis, MO
Reporter: I guarantee that Tkachuk will be in St. Louis by 2023.

You: we can get Tkachuk for free next summer. Why do you idiots want to consider trading for him now!

Tkachuk: $76M guaranteed with no state income tax on home games? Hell yeah I'll take that.

You: lol, that dude who thought we were locked in to sign him next summer sure looks like an idiot!
None of any of that makes any sense at all. Strickland says it's a done deal by 23-24, people speculate as to the best time to get the deal done, I make my position that waiting til 23-24 is the best move, turns out Strickland was wrong in the first place and fed an unnecessary debate.

Aren't you supposed to be the smart guy on this forum or something?

• Haha
Reactions: Ranksu

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
At least now we can go back to actually looking at ways to fix what's actually broken on the team. The LHD. Leddy is fine as our #2 but we need to find a way to move Krug and upgrade from him.
Leddy isn't #2 any real Cup Contender team. Only pretenders.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Of that I have no doubt and I fully realize he’s the one with the track record and I’m just a dude on the internet.

All that said, doesn’t change the way I feel and this offseason continues to underwhelm massively. No upgrade defensively, no bad contracts moved out, no superstar coming in.

Signing Thomas was excellent but it’s beyond disappointing to know we have to watch the same top 4 as last year for the next 4 years. Impossible to win a Cup with a top 4 d core that is this bad
There was no top 4 D traded. Chychrun, Provorov, Sanheim all weren’t moved. If one of the was moved we can say DA should’ve went after them but none of them were moved. Weegar was moved for Tkachuk and we don’t have a Tkachuk to trade. Yes our defense isn’t as good as we would like but it’s not like the market was swimming with options and we missed out on all of them.

Reactions: Blueston

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
There was no top 4 D traded. Chychrun, Provorov, Sanheim all weren’t moved. If one of the was moved we can say DA should’ve went after them but none of them were moved. Weegar was moved for Tkachuk and we don’t have a Tkachuk to trade. Yes our defense isn’t as good as we would like but it’s not like the market was swimming with options and we missed out on all of them.

I’d have rather had the cap space than Nick Leddy and would attach a pick to get rid of Scandella

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
This is an actual good day in Blues history. We dodged a huge bullet. I don't actually believe in Tkachuk as a playoff difference maker. He's not a Tarasenko in that way. Now the fever can pass and we can concentrate on the thing that needs to actually be done to vault the Blues into being a contender and that's address the defense. It's going to be difficult. He's got to get out of the Krug contract one way or another.

As a side note, how utterly humiliating for the clown Andy Strickland. Kermit the clown as ever. This guarantee actually tops the hugging at the airport report. He is such a fake.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
This is a squad that wasn’t good enough a year ago, and is objectively worse now by any metric you look at as it stands.

Not to mention Tarasenko walks in a year, who knows what happens with O’Reilly and then you are looking at Thomas/Buch/Schenn and a whole lot of question marks
Depends on the semantics with how you view the team as “good enough”.

Does having Leddy for a full season outweigh losing Perron?

I think the team is flawed and losing Perron hurts, but I honestly don’t believe it’s THAT much worse or different than last year. What will be the deciding factor is Binnington’s play. If he performs at the level I think he can (.910-.915 save %), the Blues are fine.

And it takes a lot of luck to go on SC runs. 2019 virtually no one missed significant time in the POs.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Well, that was fun at least. Turns out Calgary was looking for immediate return, which was a fundamental assumption that I and the masses got wrong. I would not have wanted us to play that game.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Rutherford and Strickland utterly destroyed in back to back summers

Our Blues media kinda sucks. Jim Thomas is a reporter that stays inside the lines, but he knows nothing about hockey, which is pretty limiting. That used to be Rutherford too, but The Athletic wants more than paint by number reporting, and it’s exposed him. Strickland has always just been a clown.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Our Blues media kinda sucks. Jim Thomas is a reporter that stays inside the lines, but he knows nothing about hockey, which is pretty limiting. That used to be Rutherford too, but The Athletic wants more than paint by number reporting, and it’s exposed him. Strickland has always just been a clown.
Jim Thomas is like someone's 70-year old granddad talking about the Blues, he is doddering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad