Blues Trade Proposals 2021-2022 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
DA can’t be done making moves can he? Roster is absolutely worse now than it was last year.

It’s all about putting a competitive product on the ice. Army isn’t pulling off any trades. We could even see Tarasenko walk into UFA next year for nothing in return.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
For what? Late 1st and 2nd tier prospect? This is only a win for flames if they can keep hubie (and weegar).
3 1sts and 3 prospects isn't a half bad haul for what was guaranteed 1 year of Tkachuk for them. Albeit not great when you're looking to contend, but still good total value.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
DA can’t be done making moves can he? Roster is absolutely worse now than it was last year.
It's unlikely anything major will be done at this point.

Our top 6 and top 4 are set, our third line is mostly set save for whoever may win a spot, our top 7 are set. Any move now would require multiple other moves to facilitate clearing cap or space on the roster.

One of the reasons we could take a Tkachuk trade was that he could directly replace Tarasenko in the lineup and mostly in the cap.

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
probably. I think this is a transition season to see what we have in the youth, what contract talks look like next season to make more moves. This year's FA market was kind of slim.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
So they got rid of MT because he was a year away from UFA but now have Huberdeau, who’s a year away from UFA? They have the same problem but just with a different guy now!

But beyond that, yes, much bigger haul than I thought they’d get.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

In the aggregate? Maybe, but we don't know that yet.

On the surface I can see one big difference and that is it's the same defense from last year with Nick Leddy added. That's an upgrade over the D group we started last year with and we really didn't see them all healthy at the same time last season so we don't really know how much better they could look.

We just know that Leddy individually was able to improve our transition game and we barely got to ice he and Krug in the same game. That's one clear upgrade that went a long way to stabilizing a defense situation that desperately needed it. Might not be the guy you want but it is an upgrade and an area I expect the team to be noticeably better in next year.

Reactions: Zezel’s Pretzels

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Listing his size as if that's a part of his game is hilarious. I have never seen a player so big miss more opportunities to hit someone. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Yes 30 min per night is a chunk but it would not be the first time a player of that caliber was replaced by two or more others at a much cheaper cost. He would clear the cap space we need and provide the true power forward we have been missing since Patty left and then some. Maybe you should look into how many true power forwards exist in the NHL right now. We would also keep the little bit of speed we have on the roster with Kyrou.

Do you seriously think his reach and long strides don't play a role in how he plays the game? Also who gives a flying f***ing shit if he hits people? All i want is for him to be mean and break a few sticks over someones laces.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I have feeling ROR will walk out.
This is also what I thought after Tarasenko had a terrific start to the season and all seemed smoothed over.

However, I’ve flipped on this.

Tarasenko is outta here after this season and DA will extend ROR.

Since he arrived, ROR has been more valuable to the team than Tarasenko.

Reactions: shpongle falls

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
let's be real with ourselves here. CGY was never going to let MT go to STL. CGY had all the leverage over one team and that was the Blues. I am willing to bet Florida gave up less than what was demanded of STL. I for one am happy for that.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
let's be real with ourselves here. CGY was never going to let MT go to STL. CGY had all the leverage over one team and that was the Blues. I am willing to bet Florida gave up less than what was demanded of STL. I for one am happy for that.
I agree man, this is a great squad the Blues have cookin’ right now and ultimately i would’t want to dismantle our group to get Tkachuck here.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I agree man, this is a great squad the Blues have cookin’ right now and ultimately i would’t want to dismantle our group to get Tkachuck here.
This is a squad that wasn’t good enough a year ago, and is objectively worse now by any metric you look at as it stands.

Not to mention Tarasenko walks in a year, who knows what happens with O’Reilly and then you are looking at Thomas/Buch/Schenn and a whole lot of question marks

Last edited:

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
We need to still trade Vladi maybe to NJ for a package of 3 picks and/ or players. Not sure what that would look like maybe Kevin Bahl, Mercer, and 2nd?

• Haha
Reactions: WaltPoddubny

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Yes... What does that have to do with Strickland saying it was basically a done deal?
Reporter: I guarantee that Tkachuk will be in St. Louis by 2023.

You: we can get Tkachuk for free next summer. Why do you idiots want to consider trading for him now!

Tkachuk: $76M guaranteed with no state income tax on home games? Hell yeah I'll take that.

You: lol, that dude who thought we were locked in to sign him next summer sure looks like an idiot!

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
This is a squad that wasn’t good enough a year ago, and is objectively worse now by any metric you look at as it stands.
Not to mention Tarasenko walks in a year, who knows what happens with O’Reilly and we weren’t able to capitalize on Kyrou’s fluke season and trade him off.
Yeah the squad isn’t as good as last year but how was it going to get better by adding MT and removing other pieces off? I don’t even know what a comparable offer from the blues would be but I’m glad we didn’t try and compete with this offer. Plus, how is this a fluke year for Kyrou? He’s still young and his game isn’t fully developed yet.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I’m

yeah the squad isn’t as good as last year but how was it going to get better by adding MT and removing other pieces off? I don’t even know what a comparable offer from the blues would be but I’m glad we didn’t try and compete with this offer. Plus, how is this a fluke year for Kyrou? He’s still young and his game isn’t fully developed yet.

“He’s still young.”

He’s like 5 months younger than Tkachuk and nowhere near the level of player. We couldn’t even trust him to play second line consistently.

You win with depth or superstars. Our depth is eroding and we missed our shot at a superstar

Reactions: CraftyVeteran
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad