Blues Trade Proposals 2021-2022 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Since he'll be around or over 40 starts, he'll probably earn a bigger payday than I thought earlier. If he has a good playoffs teams could definitely offer starters money, but no one will give significant term.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If I were Husso, I'd test the UFA market if 3x3 was the Blues' offer. I think he can beat that on the open market and even if he doesn't beat it he could go somewhere with better defensive structure and/or a clearer path to a long term #1 job.

Anton Forsberg just got $2.75M x 3. Vejmelka got $2.725M x 3. Cal Peterson got $5M x 3 before this year started (.916 through 54 games). Merzlikins got $4M x 2 after his 31 game rookie season and then got a $5.4M x 5 extension after his sophomore season.

There are enough small-sample-sized comps for him to push for a desperate team to make a reckless offer to him. He's be foolish not to try and max out this deal. He's made NHL minimum the last 2 years and was on a 2 way deal (and largely in the AHL) before that. He needs to maximize his earnings on the next deal and if he isn't getting a great offer from the Blues he should absolutely use UFA to get himself that deal.
He should listen to what is out there if he doesn't like Blues deal, but he would be wise to sign with team that he knows he can win with. He goes to crappy team this could be his last big money contract.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
I mean the reality is we may not be able to re-sign Husso. He has plenty of reason to want to go to a different team where he'll be the clear starter and not have to deal with whatever messy situation we'll have with Binnington. Maybe there won't be a team that offers that, but who knows. His playoff performance can certainly change a lot here, too.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
I can definitely see a team like the oilers, devils, caps, etc... offer big money for Husso. I would like Husso to sign back here but if other teams are offering 5 million then can we afford that if we don't get rid of Binnington

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I can definitely see a team like the oilers, devils, caps, etc... offer big money for Husso. I would like Husso to sign back here but if other teams are offering 5 million then can we afford that if we don't get rid of Binnington
Even if we do move on from Binnington and Husso does test free agency, I wouldn’t be comfortable giving him more than 4m on a short term deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad