Blues Trade Proposals 2020-21 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I would actually prefer Brady over Matt. Even Matt admits Brady was the badass growing up. I agree, however, it is more likely that we target Matt. He will be easier to acquire.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Because he's one of the top young power forwards in the game? Just a hunch.
It seems like people are banking on his potential more than him actually being that at the moment. He has been a 45-50 point player so far. Certainly not bad for a 21 year old, but certainly not a top power forward yet IMO.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
It seems like people are banking on his potential more than him actually being that at the moment. He has been a 45-50 point player so far. Certainly not bad for a 21 year old, but certainly not a top power forward yet IMO.

Surely he's one of the top young power forwards, though. He's scored at roughly a 25 goal pace (per 82 games) in his first 3 seasons and was 6th in the league in PIMs last year. Sure, people are banking on his potential but there aren't many players in the league with more potential than Brady Tkachuk. Keith and Chantal raised those boys right!

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I prefer Matthew over Brady and I wouldn't trade Kyrou for Brady. Let's keep that speed and skill in our lineup now that we finally have some.
Why have speed when you can spend a whole game chasing faster teams? :sarcasm:

That said, I don't really see how we could feasibly afford the assets for either of them without gutting the team.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If we trade for a forward, any forward, I think we're looking for answers in all the wrong places. This team isn't going to live and die by the forward group; this group is solid. Any expendable assets should be focused on the blue-line.

Besides, we may as well talk about the price of acquiring Draisaitl, Rantanen or Caufield...because they're just as likely to be traded as either of the Tkachuk boys at this point. Until either guy says they want out or that they won't be re-signing with their club, I'd think each would be the last guy on their team the GMs would want to trade.

Last edited:

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
If we trade for a forward, any forward, I think we're looking for answers in all the wrong places. This team isn't going to live and die by the forward group; this group is solid. Any expendable assets should be focused on the blue-line.

Besides, we may as well talk about the price of acquiring Draisaitl, Rantanen or Caufield...because they're just as likely to be traded as either of the Tkachuk boys at this point. Until either guy says they want out or that they won't be re-signing with their club, I'd think each would be the last guy on their team the GMs would want to trade.

Absolutely agreed. Smartest move is waiting for Vladi to up his value and get a legitimate top pair or close to top pair LHD, whether that’s a straight up trade or a 3-way deal.

O’Reilly, Perron, Buchnevich, Schenn, Kyrou, Thomas, Saad, Bozak, Kostin/Sanford should be a good enough top 9.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Man...if only we could somehow pry Chychrun from Arizona; I think we'd be Cup favorites in the West for sure:

Perron-ROR-Buch
Saad-Schenn-Tarasenko
Kostin-Bozak-Kyrou
Sanford-Sundqvist-Barbashev
Ex: Clifford/MacMac

Chychrun-Faulk
Krug-Parayko
Scandella-Perunovich
Ex: Mikkola/Walman

1f2643248c1084a5f6960ca58ea4eec0.gif

In this hypothetical I've traded Thomas, Neighbors and a couple of firsts...but the Blues would be more or less set for the next half-decade on the blue-line. Stability like that helped win them the Cup, as that group had been together for years. The forwards could get old and thin in a hurry however...but no doubt this team's window is the next 2-4 years; pending their ability to re-sign ROR.

Off-season needs to end ASAP, to give us some fresh content to discuss.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Man...if only we could somehow pry Chychrun from Arizona; I think we'd be Cup favorites in the West for sure:

Perron-ROR-Buch
Saad-Schenn-Tarasenko
Kostin-Bozak-Kyrou
Sanford-Sundqvist-Barbashev
Ex: Clifford/MacMac

Chychrun-Faulk
Krug-Parayko
Scandella-Perunovich
Ex: Mikkola/Walman

1f2643248c1084a5f6960ca58ea4eec0.gif

In this hypothetical I've traded Thomas, Neighbors and a couple of firsts...but the Blues would be more or less set for the next half-decade on the blue-line. Stability like that helped win them the Cup, as that group had been together for years. The forwards could get old and thin in a hurry however...but no doubt this team's window is the next 2-4 years; pending their ability to re-sign ROR.

Off-season needs to end ASAP, to give us some fresh content to discuss.

Awesome!

And while we're at it, Why don't we trade Sanford to AZ for a 2nd rounder?

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
What if Tarasenko is healthy? Say, come trade deadline he is sitting at 30ish goals… that contract all the sudden does not look to bad! Tough choice for the Blues? If all is good in the locker room do you trade him for what I would think could be a haul? Does it depend on where we are in the standings? Thoughts?

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
What if Tarasenko is healthy? Say, come trade deadline he is sitting at 30ish goals… that contract all the sudden does not look to bad! Tough choice for the Blues? If all is good in the locker room do you trade him for what I would think could be a haul? Does it depend on where we are in the standings? Thoughts?

if the Blues are clicking and Vlad is playing well it suddenly becomes very hard to make a trade and risk changing the dynamics

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

I'm sure that DA will have a discussion with Tarasenko about exactly this about a month into the season, so he can start working the phones if Vlad still wants out.

The trade talks are probably not going to be favourable before there is a 20 game sample size to show Vlad is healthy and performing at a high level.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I'm sure that DA will have a discussion with Tarasenko about exactly this about a month into the season, so he can start working the phones if Vlad still wants out.

The trade talks are probably not going to be favourable before there is a 20 game sample size to show Vlad is healthy and performing at a high level.

The bolded is the operative consideration and which seems to have been lost a little bit in the conversation.

We can operate from the premise that DA would rather never trade away Tarasenko. However, if Vladi still wants out AND there's a market, then DA shifts toward possibly granting that request.

I agree with whomever wrote 20-game sample. Let's see where we're at and whether he wants to stick around or not.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Wi
The bolded is the operative consideration and which seems to have been lost a little bit in the conversation.

We can operate from the premise that DA would rather never trade away Tarasenko. However, if Vladi still wants out AND there's a market, then DA shifts toward possibly granting that request.

I agree with whomever wrote 20-game sample. Let's see where we're at and whether he wants to stick around or not.

Winning tends to heal all wounds. So we will see.

On paper we are a deep and strong team. And he does enjoy the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig