Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
There was mention of Brian Elliott returning as a backup for Binnington next season.

No problem with keeping Allen but I would guess Doug Armstrong is looking for a way back into the first round.
I hope Elliott didn't have an interview scheduled with Armstrong the night he let in 4 goals on his first 4 shots faced, in that recent Flyers game in St Louis.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Any one think Florida will have any interest in Allen for a number one in the draft?

Not a chance.
Florida doesn't have an extra 1st round pick, they still have Luongo and Reimer on the books for next year and they want to make a run for Bobrovsky and Panarin.

If we can somehow find a taker for Allen; I think we can get Reimer for pennies(and I would have no problem making that move, Reimer is a very solid backup); but there's no chance Florida takes Allen.

I think our best bet for dumping Allen is Carolina. They don't have a goalie signed for next year, and if Mrazek prices himself too high you know they don't have the budget to accommodate him. We won't be getting a first round pick for him, but we might be able to pry loose one of their 2nd rounders.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Posted this in another thread. The Caps are apparently still high on Sanford. They chose Riley Sutter in the 3rd round of the draft last year. I was really bullish on Sutter as a prospect, and still am. My proposal is Sanford for Sutter. Is that fair value?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Posted this in another thread. The Caps are apparently still high on Sanford. They chose Riley Sutter in the 3rd round of the draft last year. I was really bullish on Sutter as a prospect, and still am. My proposal is Sanford for Sutter. Is that fair value?
I don't know what I'd trade him for but I'd definitely use him as a trade chip in hopes that someone takes a chance on him. I'd think he would have some value. Picking up another prospect that could help us more down the line would be nice so I'm not opposed to your proposal at all.

Because I think the Blues will probably bring back the same group next season. Schenn, ROR, Tank, Perron, Schwartz, Sundqvist, Bozak, Thomas, Maroon, Steen, Barbashev, Fabbri, Blais, MacEachern and Kyrou is 15 forwards right there. I don't really see Sanford having a future here with the way he plays.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Why would we want Sutter? Guy was a late 3rd as older player who doesn't seem to have had great year. If we dealt him would rather get someone like Johanssen form them or even a draft pick.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

Remember last year when everybody wanted to dump Sundqvist and then he had a breakout year this year? I think people forget a few things about Sanford: he, like Fabbri, was out pretty much all of last year. He also was a PPG player through his first 8-10 games with the big club this year. He’s hit a wall. He hit it probably in December. But the kid can play, and next year he’ll be the guy about whom everyone is wondering “where the hell did he come from?”

So no, I’m not overly eager to trade him for AHL-fodder, even if they have a Blues legacy last name.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad